• 263(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Restarting fixed everything, sorry about that.
hi ,
sorry for the question but im a new xbmc user , and i'm trying now to setup aeon MQ 2 for my HTPC.
when i try to see trailer in homescreen the system report me an error for the Apple trailer lite addon. i've installed the apple trailer ( not lite ) and i have the same error.
How can i setup correct the trailer in home screen?

Thanks and sorry for my bad Eng Sad
MarcosQui, you have outdone yourself!

First off, THANK YOU for the new View's menu. I can't tell you how much of a pleasure it is to add/remove views now! Before, it was so hard to get Multiplex view in the original style on TV Shows. Now it's just 1 option to enable!

Really, this is the BEST skin for XBMC. They should include it with the official release. It is just that good.

Excellent work, and know that your time and energy you put into this is MUCH appreciated by anyone who uses it! Big Grin
---MoldySpore
[CPU] Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz
[Memory] 8GB DDR3 1600
[Video] AMD Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5
[HDTV] Samsung 60" LED Smart TV UN60H7150 3D HDTV

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit || Current Skin of Choice: Aeon MQ 7 || Current Kodi Version: 16.1
Hi Marcos, still black here. Do I need to do any manual adjustment or just wait for update?

Thanks for your great skin.
@Marocs, Thanks again for another great release.

One thing I have noticed, please can others confirm in case it is just Release Candidate leftovers (before I clean install) is that when in the Recently Added Widgets for Movies and TV Shows I see the "> STYLES" option but it has no effect. Not sure if this was removed due to the AEON MQ 2 Widget or just an oversight.

Thanks.
chippie Wrote:@Marocs, Thanks again for another great release.

One thing I have noticed, please can others confirm in case it is just Release Candidate leftovers (before I clean install) is that when in the Recently Added Widgets for Movies and TV Shows I see the "> STYLES" option but it has no effect. Not sure if this was removed due to the AEON MQ 2 Widget or just an oversight.

Thanks.

I can confirm this. Pressing the right arrow key just closes the recently added for whatever you were on. No styles menu.
---MoldySpore
[CPU] Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz
[Memory] 8GB DDR3 1600
[Video] AMD Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5
[HDTV] Samsung 60" LED Smart TV UN60H7150 3D HDTV

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit || Current Skin of Choice: Aeon MQ 7 || Current Kodi Version: 16.1
For the second time in a row, my guisettings.xml file was blown away with an Aeon MQ2 update. This is getting a tad frustrating, especially when we see things like, "There's no way this could have happened with a skin update." Can you please investigate any behavior that could lead to a guisettings.xml revert (or delete?)? Thanks.

And for those who are dubious, the only thing that has changed on my HTPC between last night and tonight is an 2.8.1 Aeon MQ2 update. This exactly the same behavior as observed with the 2.7.1 update.
KennethC Wrote:For the second time in a row, my guisettings.xml file was blown away with an Aeon MQ2 update. This is getting a tad frustrating, especially when we see things like, "There's no way this could have happened with a skin update." Can you please investigate any behavior that could lead to a guisettings.xml revert (or delete?)? Thanks.

And for those who are dubious, the only thing that has changed on my HTPC between last night and tonight is an 2.8.1 Aeon MQ2 update. This exactly the same behavior as observed with the 2.7.1 update.

First Ive had the guisetting.xml disappear when using skins other then MQ2 so its an xbmc-engine bug and not skin related. Second you should have learned to backup your guisetting.xml file after losing it the first time. I know I did...
Great update, as always. I have one issue though. How do I remove "Aeon MQ 2" from the shortcuts menu? It doesn't give me the option in the settings. Does anyone really adjust their skin settings enough to warrant a shortcut on the main menu?
djbarney Wrote:installed the older 2.7.1 and updated it using the repo, gave me exactly the same problem again, so i'd think that the repo might be giving some problems with updating. Deleting guisettings worked as a solution indeed.

I can also confirm that even with the new addons.zip for 2.8.0, the videofanartsplitter is not working, when i select (after having recreated my library and restarting xbmc afterwards) the "show random movie fanart", it'll display an errormessage. Not too important for me though, but it'd be cool to have that working Smile

Another small "bug/issue" i saw is in the tv-guide, i think it's supposed to show series in there based on my tv shows in the library, and i re-added all shows via the tv-rage eps / nextaired plugins, but it doesn't show the tv guide nicely filled in like your example was when u presented a screenshot of it here on the forum. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=767...count=3590 <-- your screenshot. Image <-- how it looks for me, i tried refreshing, re-adding, but it doesn't show the pictures somehow. when going into the daily details view, i see the shows (house for example) but also without pictures, it just shows an empty black/grey picture

Is there anything we should do to make that work? i installed the addons zip linked to in the first post.

btw, it's still amazing me how quick people are with helping other people, keep up the great jobs guys! Wink

how do i go about installing the TV guide add on?

EDIT: nevermind forgot to download the new addons for 2.8.1
Is there a way to change what view a home menu opens to. For example I have a "Music DVDs" menu on the home screen and would like it to open to the File list of a particular Source. Is there any way to go about doing that?

The folder is full of .ISO files of music DVDs. I have the content set to Music Videos just because I thought it would be easier to separate the music dvds from the normal videos...
Hey marcos, first off the new features are awsome!! Love the coverflow in music. Quick question. Where are themes saved to. When I self extract them they get placed in colors not themes section under the settings menu? Is that the correct place? If not where do I manually place them? I can't seem to figure it out, the themes won't change.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The options for using random fan art when movies or tv are still greyed out after updating to 2.8.1. Any ideas?
zodduska Wrote:I also had the auto-update black screen.

Bug: Screensaver won't activate on the main menu when using fanart backgrounds while Movies or TVShows are the current selection.

Screensaver seems to be working as expected in 2.81 after a restart.

Thanks marcos! I love this skin. Cool
kungfudriveby Wrote:The options for using random fan art when movies or tv are still greyed out after updating to 2.8.1. Any ideas?

You need to install videofanartsplitter
  • 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232