• 279(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
maseatx Wrote:i have a small problem

when im in "tv show" and if the view is set to "landscape" and info set to "trigger" when i push up on the keyboard it pulls up the menu and the info at the same time. does anyone have a fix for this?

when i have the movies set up the same way its up once for info and up again for the library

anyoneHuhHuh
NoNoNoNo
Hi, first post for me on this board and really thank you for making the best skin for xbmc.

After some test I'm still having problem with the RecentlyAdded script.

EDIT
Sorry, after a complete reinstall of the skin and xbmc everything works perfect.

really a bad start for my first post here Nod
shadetree Wrote:Follow instructions, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56153 then enable movie fanart.

No need for that.
I just want to have the "Fantart" view type in the movies section.
It's not available there.
TomPiXX Wrote:Can we have the fanart view for movies?
It's just available for TV Shows...

I don't think there is such a view.
VoxCommando.com
Hello I love this skin but after the last update I don't see the option to remove the Aeon MQ button from the home screen. Is this no longer allowed?
Thanks
Dave
Lionverse Wrote:Hello I love this skin but after the last update I don't see the option to remove the Aeon MQ button from the home screen. Is this no longer allowed?
Thanks
Dave
Same question!

Thanks,
S@
yeah good point. It's not there when I try to modify the home menu. Since this item was added recently I would guess that it was an oversight as opposed to us not being "allowed" to remove it. Oo
VoxCommando.com
anyone know what .xml to edit if i want to fix colors of the skin?
if you pick the black or clear skin colors you can't see the progress bar in the now playing view and some other things
and also the colors of the buttons on the now playing in the home screen
maseatx Wrote:i have a small problem

when im in "tv show" and if the view is set to "landscape" and info set to "trigger" when i push up on the keyboard it pulls up the menu and the info at the same time. does anyone have a fix for this?

when i have the movies set up the same way its up once for info and up again for the library

Have the same problem.
omon Wrote:Have the same problem.

Yea but i cant find a fix

Wish i could get a response to any of my questions Wink
maseatx Wrote:anyone know what .xml to edit if i want to fix colors of the skin?
if you pick the black or clear skin colors you can't see the progress bar in the now playing view and some other things
and also the colors of the buttons on the now playing in the home screen

try looking in the folder called "colors" Shocked

C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.2\colors

* I don't actually know if these are the correct files, but it seems like a good place to start.
VoxCommando.com
well duh
out of the 5 or 6 .xmls in "colours" only 2 colors change been there done that and spent a few hours going through the skins .xml files i didn't find anything that would change the skin colors & also tried changing the color parameters in "Includes_Colours.xml" restart xbmc and had no effects
anything else HuhHuh
maseatx Wrote:well duh
out of the 5 or 6 .xmls in "colours" only 2 colors change been there done that and spent a few hours going through the skins .xml files i didn't find anything that would change the skin colors & also tried changing the color parameters in "Includes_Colours.xml" restart xbmc and had no effects
anything else HuhHuh

What exactly do you want to change the colour of? If using the black or clear 'accent' colour makes things invisible, then why don't you just use some other colour?

I took a look at how these colours are used in the skin and this is what I could figure out:

It seems that whatever colour you pick on the aeon home menu (I'm calling it an accent colour), it gets used in a bunch of different things, like the colour of some highlighted buttons, the colour of stars for ratings and the colour of the seek bar. If you choose black then all those things will be black. I would just choose something lighter so it is visible...

If you look in various xml files for the different views etc. you will sometimes see this:
<include>skin_allcolors</include>

that means that the colour you chose will be used here. If you want to override the colour for just this one item (e.g. keep everything black but make the seekbar white) then you can replace the include with the actual colour you want to you for this item. To choose opaque all white you would use this:
<colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>

use aRGB format to define the alpha and colour you want.

To use this method you could try editing "DialogSeekBar.xml", but there is more than one seek bar so you'll have to experiment.

Personally I think it's a lot of work when you could just pick a different accent colour.

Also, the next time you update the skin it will probably erase your customization so be careful of that.

Maybe you just don't like the selection of colours that you are supposed to pick from. In that case you can edit "Includes_Colours.xml". To edit black you could change this to something else:
<include name="skin_color12">
<colordiffuse>d0000000</colordiffuse>
</include>

but you won't see the new colour in the preview picker because MQ used images to make the previews look all shiny.

For some things if you want to change the colour you need to edit images, and most images are bundled together in (I want to say .xbt) files and are not very accessible unless you know what you are doing (which I don't, really).

I hope that helps.
VoxCommando.com
FYI here is a bug (and a fix) effecting all the Aeon based skins

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11585
ok so the color values are in the "includes_colour.xml"
changed the value of the first "skin color1" (line 74)this is the red to ff00ff00 and that gives me a cool lime green color for the skin

now i just wish that i could find a way to leave the black "home screen" for the most part and use the lime green for buttons and the progress bar so that when the buttons are highlighted it can be seen from the couch

thanks for your input jitter i knew the file but i guess just needed someone else input so i could get it done

oh and i do back up all of the xmbc home folder so i dont lose my mind when something goes wrong
  • 279(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232