• 11(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC
I can't get this to run on XBMC 10.0-rc2 SVN r35495M. I installed it through the Add-on manager without a problem, but when I navigate to http://<xbmc address>:8080 I still get the default web interface. Thinking it would help, I manually removed the default web interface (probably a bad idea?) and got nothing in my web browser after reinstalling AWX -- the XBMC log was complaining about the default web interface files not being there.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. I just wanted to check this out, and thought that maybe someone could point out something stupid that I was or wasn't doing.
philipacentaur Wrote:I can't get this to run on XBMC 10.0-rc2 SVN r35495M. I installed it through the Add-on manager without a problem, but when I navigate to http://<xbmc address>:8080 I still get the default web interface. Thinking it would help, I manually removed the default web interface (probably a bad idea?) and got nothing in my web browser after reinstalling AWX -- the XBMC log was complaining about the default web interface files not being there.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. I just wanted to check this out, and thought that maybe someone could point out something stupid that I was or wasn't doing.

You did go to Settings-<Network, and choose AWX as the web interface, and then back out of that menu, correct?
I -- did not. Oops! Thanks.
Just wanted to say this is an amazing add-on thanks for all the hard work, its beautiful and easy to use. Smile
Geiko Wrote:First off great interface, there is one small thing I just found probably an XBMC bug.

If the dimmed screensaver is activated when you start a movie from AWX the screen will continue to be dimmed during play.
Anything you can fix?

Using Dharma RC2 and AWX 0.3.2

same here! Great webinterface, but the first thing that I noticed after installing is that the screen remains dimmed.
This feature requires no downloads. The Toolbox connects with OCZ and downloads the proper firmware for your drive configuration.

This feature only works when the drive is connected as a spare not running Windows/OS from the drive itself at this time.
Congratulation, really great interface - user friendly, good looking, allmost perfectly working; much better than webinterface.default. Started testing it today, so just first impressions:

1 -- If I make browser window smaller, the player control panel conceals Setting and Exit buttons. May be the better place for these two buttons will be above logo picture - hidden logo is much more acceptable than hidden control buttons, eh?

2 -- If the directory containing audio-files (say mp3 or flac) is not open, I usually don't know what is inside before opening it. But if it is opened I can't start playing or enqueue all tracks at once. To do this, I have to either enqueue each track separately (don't like so much clicking Smile) or go back to parent directory, search again for the directory and then start playing or enque the whole directory. This is quite inconvenient so I suggest to add something like Play All and Enqueue All buttons to the directory list.

3 -- If I change to 'Playlist' mode while playing the whole directory (started in the 'Files' mode) I see just indexes followed by N/A - N/A. May be the file name as default will be better?
Geiko Wrote:If the dimmed screensaver is activated when you start a movie from AWX the screen will continue to be dimmed during play.
Anything you can fix?
Hm, this seems to be a problem with the JSON-API. AWX does just sth. like "Playlist.Play()". There is no way to interact with the screensaver. I think this problem must also occurr with the default interface (can you test it?). Smile Then you should report the json-bug at xbmc's bugtracker.

NightStormWolf Wrote:And now... a feature request.
If it's possible, would you consider adding a remote control?
See: Android Remote Interface
As far as i know the required "SendKey"-method will not be implemented in Dharma. But "its on the roadmap". I could use the old HTTP-API which supports SendKeys (as far as i know) but i want a clear webinterface only based on the JSON-API. But when the feature is implemented in the JSON-API i will use it in AWX Nod

danielmpr Wrote:very cool, just needs some more stuff added to it, like mute, pause, etc!, more controls and menus
Mute is a good idea. Pause already exist Wink

vaton4 Wrote:Started testing it today, so just first impressions:

1 -- If I make browser window smaller, the player control panel conceals Setting and Exit buttons. May be the better place for these two buttons will be above logo picture - hidden logo is much more acceptable than hidden control buttons, eh?

2 -- If the directory containing audio-files (say mp3 or flac) is not open, I usually don't know what is inside before opening it. But if it is opened I can't start playing or enqueue all tracks at once. To do this, I have to either enqueue each track separately (don't like so much clicking Smile) or go back to parent directory, search again for the directory and then start playing or enque the whole directory. This is quite inconvenient so I suggest to add something like Play All and Enqueue All buttons to the directory list.

3 -- If I change to 'Playlist' mode while playing the whole directory (started in the 'Files' mode) I see just indexes followed by N/A - N/A. May be the file name as default will be better?
1 -- Hehe, then the window must very small Tongue Maybe you can try the light-ui (see settings dialog). Probably this ui will be the default ui some day. It looks much fresher Big Grin

2 -- Good idea. Accepted! Laugh

3 -- I totally agree!
:eek2: AWX - Ajax based Webinterface for XBMC (Dharma Beta 2)
MKay Wrote:As far as i know the required "SendKey"-method will not be implemented in Dharma. But "its on the roadmap". I could use the old HTTP-API which supports SendKeys (as far as i know) but i want a clear webinterface only based on the JSON-API. But when the feature is implemented in the JSON-API i will use it in AWX Nod
That is a pity. Considering that the default web interface only uses JSON-PRC and thus has all the same limitiations (granted even more), it would be nice to have an alternative that could do best of both worlds.

Would there be any way to convince you to fallback on the HTTPAPI where JSON fails and adapt as the JSON support matures? (Such as movie sets).

Otherwise we are looking at a while before we have a solid web interface for a stable release (Eden).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MKay Wrote:.... Maybe you can try the light-ui (see settings dialog). Probably this ui will be the default ui some day. It looks much fresher Big Grin

Yes, tried it and like it, just BetterPrivacy deletes cookies so I have allways to switch interface manually. Is some "simple edit" way to do this change permanent?

Glad to be usefull for further AWX improvement!

====== EDIT ======
Found it myself. Here is HOW TO set the 'light' skin permanent. Really easy.

In the awx.js file, find the following IF statement (~ line 52):

Code:
if (ui == 'light') {
   uiScript = 'ui.light/ui.light.js';
} else {
   uiScript = 'ui.default/ui.default.js';
}
and delete (or just comment out) all lines except the second one:
Code:
uiScript = 'ui.light/ui.light.js';
This is a very cool interface Smile

Can you include a parameter to change the base url? It would be great so I can dynamically adjust the URLs to make a reverse-proxy possible.
At the moment it fails to load the JS files, because the relative URL doesn't work, because it assumes a different base url.
alshain Wrote:Can you include a parameter to change the base url? It would be great so I can dynamically adjust the URLs to make a reverse-proxy possible.
At the moment it fails to load the JS files, because the relative URL doesn't work, because it assumes a different base url.

Solved similar problem (I wanted to place awx in different directory). You need to change just two lines of the webinterface.awx/js/lib.xbmc.js file.

The first line (~ line 73) defines URL for JSON.RPC Ajax call:
Code:
url: './jsonrpc?awx',
The second one (~line 163) defines base URL for library access:
Code:
return './vfs/' + encodeURI(url);
I changed the first to:
Code:
url: window.location.protocol + '//' + window.location.host + '/jsonrpc?awx',
and the second to:
Code:
return window.location.protocol + '//' + window.location.host + '/vfs/' + encodeURI(url);
Now I can place awx anywhere in the xbmc directory tree and it works.
May be it will help you?
I had the same problem. Thanks vaton!
@vaton: Thanks - but these changes are gone when XBMC does an update Wink
Just installed Dharma 10.0 and this as a first addon. It works great but I have one question/issue.

When I select music - files I am only shown local sources. All music is stored on a Nas however. In XBMC I have added these sources, and even made them default, but how do I point AWX there?

Update: it appears they are there, but on my iPad the dropdown menu covers the two top sources, and it doesn't "spring" back.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC6