"loading media information"
ha!!!! o.k. i've got aprox. 7000 songs in my "my music" shired smb folder ant it took aprox 10 min to scan every time i entered the playlist screen. this bothered me to the point that i was lookin at getting an actual media hub. No
but checkin out the forms on sourcefourge i found someone with a simular prob. exept insted of being slow, it completly frose. thay solved it by deleting the mymusic6.db from from the xbmc\album dir and the problem was solved. just out of desperation i tryed this. after restarting xbmc, i tryed my play list. it did scan, but only too about 40 seconds!!  :o
then  i checked out the "new" mymusic6.db that was created and it was 4 kb instead of the 1714kb of the original.
hmmmm... so... i edited it in notepad and erased all text and saved it and overwrote the mymusic6.db on my xbox. retryed it all... 22 second scan time!!!  :thumbsup:  
so... it seems that when you enter a play list, if mymusic6.db isn't there, it creats one. but if ones already there, even if its at 0kb, it leaves it alone. and now my question... what is mymusic6.db for? what am i sacerficing? whatever it it, it seems worth it.
p.s. do a back up of everything you delete or overwright. i'm not sure what i was doing and i'm not responsible if your xbox is screwed up by my advice. let me know if this helps anyone.
re: mymusic6.db... when you hit the "scan" button in my music, all the data is saved into that database file. this is what the album/genre/artist/top100 views use.

i dont know the specifics about how the playlist screen works, but my guess is that when a playlist is loaded, it must first look up each file in the database to get the "media information". i also thought it checked the files themselves and tried to pull information out of the tags.

(i think that whenever its attempted to be opened, but doesnt exist, an empty database file is created.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
any word on this bug?  i have the same problem.. using the 01/02 build over a wireless network to a smb share on a linux box.

whenever i playback a song... it starts the playback, but the ui freezes for 5-10 seconds. then you see the art and playtime counter show up in the bottom left and the gui once again responds.

are these all part of the same issue having to do with smb playback? i should mention that video playback and in section gui response is flawless from the same smb server (different share though)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"loading media information"0