XBMC Live stuck on boot on Dell Inspiron 8200
I just installed XBMC Live 9.11 on a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop, and after installation completes, it rebooted and now it is stuck at the boot screen where you see the XBMC logo. How do I remedy this?

Please help.

System Spec:

CPU: P4 2.4Ghz
RAM: 640MB
VIDEO: Nvidia Geforce4 440 MX 64M
Audio: AC97
HDD: 40GB Hitachi
try dharma beta2
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:try dharma beta2
will try, thanks.

the download speed is insanely fast xbmc.org, pulling 3mb/sec on fios. Shocked
just installed Dharma beta 2, now the loading screen got passed the XBMC logo and to the login command prompt, after I typed in my login and password, it seems to accept the login and password cause I see it says "Welcome to Ubuntu!", but then I get this error:

Quote:(process:251) GLib WARNING **: get pwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0)

And switching back and forth every few seconds from the "Welcome to Ubuntu!" and this error. Reboot and tried again and the same thing happened. What now, how do I troubleshoot this?

If I run "xbmc", I get this error:
Quote:Error: unable to open display
FEH py: cannot connect to X server
hey, I have a similar problem with dharma beta2 on my Revo 3610. I get prompted to login at boot, so I login with xbmc/xbmc then when I type 'xbmc' i get the 'FEH.py....' error that you get. HOWEVER, if I type 'xinit xbmc' then it boots in XBMC!! So the problem must lie with the autologin.

did you solve the issue?
bebopblues, I can't find any information at the moment but it may be that the nvidia drivers included in the live images will not support your geforce 4 MX card
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live stuck on boot on Dell Inspiron 82000