XBMC Test Suite + Mock Object Framework internal validation feature or addon script?
Lightbulb 
Yesterday we had a meeting from luxeria. Luxeria is a local linux user group from lucern switzerland. One of our members had a IMHO very good solution
for the problem of videoplay-back and video-settings with multiple os and
settings ..... Use allways the same video ...

How would it be to have a test-suite for videoplay-back inside the video-settings ? Or a Addon ? One startet you could choose what format

* PAL TV 4:3
* SECAM 4:3
* HDTV 720p
* HDTV 1080i

and what codec .... avi , h264 , mpeg2

With a internal test suite all users do use the same video-material as source.

For this test-suite a gpl movie trailer from blender could be used and this test could be very short (50 secounds) and the video would be donwloaded from the net.
Very good idea!!!! +1
It seems like a good idea. The only thing I'm thinking is that when people have issues with a video it's usually not a standard encode. There are so many ways to encode a video that you couldn't possibly have one for every container, codec, resolution, etc. In the end, it seems like the devs would need a sample anyway. I'm not trying to dismiss your idea, it's just what came to mind. I could be a total idiot and missing the point entirely.Laugh
I've thought about this as well.

I implemented a --test parameter for xbmc. combine it with a file, and it plays the file and exits. perfect for grepping logs. For ex:
Quote:xbmc.bin --test /home/theuni/movie.avi

It's not elegant and certainly not powerful. we need a complete framework. But if you run it in a quick script with 100 files, at least you can find any files that cause crashes.

TheUni
A so called test-framework would also help the users ...
If in the future all users would use use the same test-sample as a base it would make a few things easyer ....
If you read inside the Forum "My video-playback do pause or have delays" you can not be certain that the video is properly encoded and is playable for 100 %
(because the source was downloaded over torrent ... hihi ...).
I guess we don't need 5000 samples .... only 5-9 samples with the most important
codecs and resolutions would be fine. As example we could use the first 50 secounds from a blender gpl movie. In this case it would not give a problem about DMCA.

Regards Hans
I would volunteering create the test-samples from a blender gpl-movie.
I guess in a week I have plenty of time to create a few samples (I teach students)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Test Suite + Mock Object Framework internal validation feature or addon script?0