Dharma beta 3 and remotes
The standard keymap in beta 3 now contains all the Windows Media Center keyboard mappings described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb189249.aspx, as well as some others that have become a de facto standard. For example if you press ctrl-E, the MCE shortcut for "My Video", it will take you to the Video section just like selecting "Video" from the home page.

There are some keystrokes that don't have an obvious use, e.g. pressing ctrl-T, the shortcut for "Live TV", will just pop up a little message pop up saying "Live TV". As and when XBMC gets PVR support keystrokes like these will be mapped to do something useful.

The point of all this is that many MCE remotes work by sending these keystrokes, so they will all now work out of the box. On Windows the standard MS remote (and compatibles) can be configured to send the MCE keystrokes with a minor registry tweak, and once this is done they too will work with no config changes needed to XBMC.

Any suggestions and complaints about MCE remote support should be posted here (or in the Windows suppoprt forum if you're using Windows) asap so we can deal with any remaining issues before the release.

NB in XBMCLive the MS remote works using Lirc and is not affected by the new keyboard.xml mappings.

JR
My mceremote is not working after upgrading to beta3 on live.
Do you want live questions here?
jabba200 Wrote:My mceremote is not working after upgrading to beta3 on live.
Do you want live questions here?

The problem is unlikely to be related to the changes in the keymap. I would start a new thread to report your problem.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma beta 3 and remotes0