• 34(current)
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC
Thumbs Up 
Hi I just joined firstly to say thanks for a great skin
I have only been using xbmc for a few weeks (ex meedio user), so still working my way round slowly. I am trying to put a partymode on submenu like somebody done in aeon nox

10.) Added Party Mode the the Music submenu on the Home Screen by inserting the following to Home.xml at line #451

Code:
<item id="90121">

<label>Party Mode</label>
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(PartyMode(music))</onclick>
<visible>Container(9000).HasFocus(3)</visible>
</item>

I have tried doing that, but i figure as its a different skin is why it is not working, i would be very gratefull if someone could help

Many Thanks
WKF
@wkf - I had something similar in my setup some time ago. I'll take a look and see how I did it. I'm pretty sure just adding a playlist to favorites and then adding that favorite did not work, but it's worth a shot until I can look into it. (I'm done looking at any more XML for the evening - it's Jager time!)

Glad you like the skin

@all - thoughts on the new menu highlight/selection bar?

Thanks,
-stoli-
Hi Stoli,
Thanks for replying so quick, i have tried adding the favourite but it dont autoplay playlist like the button does in nox.

Thanks
WKF
I'll have to check out what nox is doing special...
-stoli-
Just wondering if this has PVR support? The skin looks amazing, but I am running the PVR build of dharma and finding skins that support PVR is a bit difficult.
Good morning to all

@ Stoli Now Yes , it is perfect both in Posters and Showcase as well
I like the Appearance new colours and especially the Florida orange.
And now the playing bar is the same with Confluence.
A last request. May we have the letter's size a little bit bigger like in the Night?
Thanks a lot for your replies and also for fixing the problems
Vagelis.................
No to the jumbo fonts that Night uses. That was the first thing I changed...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:No to the jumbo fonts that Night uses. That was the first thing I changed...
All right i respect it.
opm881 Wrote:Just wondering if this has PVR support? The skin looks amazing, but I am running the PVR build of dharma and finding skins that support PVR is a bit difficult.

No pvr support as I don't have one to test with. Does Confluence support it? If so I can probably adapt what is there pretty easily.
-stoli-
wkf Wrote:Hi I just joined firstly to say thanks for a great skin
I have only been using xbmc for a few weeks (ex meedio user), so still working my way round slowly. I am trying to put a partymode on submenu like somebody done in aeon nox

Many Thanks
WKF

It was a lot simpler than I thought:

Create a playlist
Add playlist to favorites
Settings > Skin > Homescreen > Custom Home
Add New entry - call it whatever you want
Select playlist from Favorites.

Done.

Smile
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It was a lot simpler than I thought:

Create a playlist

Done.

Smile

Hi Stoli,
Great work Thank you very much Smile
WKF
yea confluence supports PVR
Hey,

I'm looking to modify the "Movies" link to point to a custom smart playlist I have created, as the final step of this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90850. Inside which .xml file is this to be found, I can't find it.

Also, I'm trying to add an Al Jazeera streaming link to the menu, I have created a .strm file, which file do I need to edit to run it from the menu, custom_DialogFavourites.xml seems promising?

Thanks for your help and a great addon!
Rather than modify the Movies link, why not just add your playlist as a favorite, and then add that to the home menu?

I think you can add the strm file as a source, then add that source as a favorite and as above, add the favorite to the home menu.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Rather than modify the Movies link, why not just add your playlist as a favorite, and then add that to the home menu?

Because due to the hacky way I've had to get XBMC showing my documentaries in my library under a single TV "show", they all now show as movies along with all my real movies, which is a big subtraction to the SAF Sad She doesn't want to see "9-11: The Calls From The Towers" after 7 Pounds and 8 Mile unfortunately.

stoli Wrote:I think you can add the strm file as a source, then add that source as a favorite and as above, add the favorite to the home menu.

Oh excellent! Thanks for your help there...I'll give it a try once I get control of the TV back Wink

Is there a particular method to adding a favourite to the home menu, do I just edit that XML file I referenced before? Sorry, this is the first time I've ever actually come across the need to edit a skin.

EDIT: Ignore that second point...just saw your post a few above!

stoli Wrote:It was a lot simpler than I thought:

Create a playlist

Done.

Smile
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC4