• 46(current)
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC
Ok I just left my living room while playing some music and when I came back, the visualization was on. Is this a timed thing? Maybe it comes up when the screensaver's supposed to kick in or something?
Morbeas Wrote:Ok I just left my living room while playing some music and when I came back, the visualization was on. Is this a timed thing? Maybe it comes up when the screensaver's supposed to kick in or something?

Check in your Settings > Skin > General for what you have selected under Music Visualizations - it should be instant.

And while we are on the subject.... I'm still working on it, but an updated music viz:

-stoli-
Hi stoli will the new music vis have cdart support?
stoli Wrote:Check in your Settings > Skin > General for what you have selected under Music Visualizations - it should be instant.

And while we are on the subject.... I'm still working on it, but an updated music viz:

Hi Stoli. The new music viz is definitely a step in the right direction. I know I have brought this up to you before but perhaps you can consider how you display the next playing songs on the right. It looks like you are showing the album cover with text that shows the artist and next song. I think it may be better to just show a list of the next 5-10 songs. First, I think this is more useful instead of just seeing the next two. Secondly, when you have a bunch of songs queued up from the same album, all you see is the same album art. It looks redundant and not very "nice" to me (sorry couldnt think of the right word).

Anyway, just my two cents...your efforts are always appreciated.
stoli Wrote:Check in your Settings > Skin > General for what you have selected under Music Visualizations - it should be instant.

Under "Music Visualization Options" I have 2 options. "Use Fanart Instead of Visualisation", which I have turned off and "Use JukeBox for Fullscreen Playback" which is also turned off. (By the way, what exactly does that last option do anyway?)
nurgle Wrote:Hi stoli will the new music vis have cdart support?

Working on that now. Smile

tboooe Wrote:Hi Stoli. The new music viz is definitely a step in the right direction. I know I have brought this up to you before but perhaps you can consider how you display the next playing songs on the right. It looks like you are showing the album cover with text that shows the artist and next song. I think it may be better to just show a list of the next 5-10 songs. First, I think this is more useful instead of just seeing the next two. Secondly, when you have a bunch of songs queued up from the same album, all you see is the same album art. It looks redundant and not very "nice" to me (sorry couldnt think of the right word).

Anyway, just my two cents...your efforts are always appreciated.

I debated that and played around with it for a bit and just didn't like the results visually. I think on this one I'm pretty set in the view - it's called a visualization and not a queue list for a reason. Wink As always, mods are welcome and since no matter what you do in this file it cannot impact anything else, it's a great place start.

Morbeas Wrote:Under "Music Visualization Options" I have 2 options. "Use Fanart Instead of Visualisation", which I have turned off and "Use JukeBox for Fullscreen Playback" which is also turned off. (By the way, what exactly does that last option do anyway?)

So if you are on the main menu and hit "tab" while music is playing it doesn't just right to the visualization?

Unrelated - I think I may have found the reason for the backgrounds failing to update properly and will push another update this afternoon with the new Viz and background fix.

Thanks,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Working on that now. Smile

I debated that and played around with it for a bit and just didn't like the results visually. I think on this one I'm pretty set in the view - it's called a visualization and not a queue list for a reason. Wink As always, mods are welcome and since no matter what you do in this file it cannot impact anything else, it's a great place start.

So if you are on the main menu and hit "tab" while music is playing it doesn't just right to the visualization?

Unrelated - I think I may have found the reason for the backgrounds failing to update properly and will push another update this afternoon with the new Viz and background fix.

Thanks,
Ok cool...thank you for at least considering it. Can you please let me know which file I need to modify?
Updated:

- There may be a couple of new views that didn't make in in previous updates
- New Music Visualization screen w/support for CDArt. No settings required, if it is present in the folder, it will use it.
- Updated the Paused/Buffering dialog. When buffering only that notice will display instead of the entire dialog.
- Updated to home screen that will hopefully resolve the background issue once and for all.

Beer 30! Smile
-stoli-
tboooe Wrote:Ok cool...thank you for at least considering it. Can you please let me know which file I need to modify?

MusicVisualization.xml. You want to look for the section that starts around like 268 or so:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>Cover image</description>
    <posy>10</posy>
    <posx>25</posx>
    <width>126</width>
    <height>126</height>
    <texture diffuse="music/musicwallmatte.png">$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Cover]</texture> -->
</control>

Primarily the entries that have offset(1), offset(2), etc. That implies their positions in the queue, 1 be next, 2 second, etc. You're going to want to remove the <control type="image"> and sections and keep (and tweek) the control type=label" sections.

Good Luck - I'll be glad to help out.
-stoli-
Big update today...

Updated 03/06/2011:
v.9.5.5
- Added support for Weather.com Plus addon - Thanks to Jezz_x and Confluence
- Standardized menu selection bar
- Added full screen video and visualization on home screen. Configurable in Settings
- Can now select "Bottom Line" rss logo in settings
- Adjusted now playing window position on home screen
- Revised full screen music visualization window - supports CDArt
- Added minor home screen animation - idea from the Aries mod by eckstheory (?)
- Fixed Music and Video scan progress bars
- Updated weather widget on home screen

As always, please let me know of any bugs you find. This will be the last major feature add before a 1.0 release.

Thanks!

Home Screen Weather Widget:

Weather.com Plus:

Edit: Never fails. Forgot to skin the settings for Weather Plus. Will get that soon. It still works, just not pretty.
-stoli-
Thank you stoli.
Good Update.

What I Noticed:
1. There is a dark layer on the screen when adjusting the brightness/contrast in the video-osd, so the user can't see the real picture adjustment.
2. Still a delay after pressing the info-button (feels sluggish, compared to the -great- overall skin performace)
3. The Movie-Counter is excluding all Movies in a Movie-Set (count them as one).
4. A Random Featured-Movie option (as an alternative for 'latest movies') would be great.
Edit:
5. Addons are called Scripts in Background-Skin-Settings (Backdrop-Settings).

btw, how did you managed to change the colour of the home bar (from white to blue, above shown first screenshot)
Edit: Thanks "wkf" !

The speed of this skin is great and also the design.
This is one of those rare skins, in which you won't feel that the latest-added-script is being loaded in the homescreen.
Furthermore a perfect balance on animations, without being overblown.

Cheers Smile
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Good Update.

btw, how did you managed to change the colour of the home bar (from white to blue, above shown first screenshot)

Cheers

settings / appearance / skin / colours
Great skin stoli - keep up the good work.
This is the only skin that i can rely on for the AppleTV (1st gen).

The only problem i have is, how do i get the Weather.com Plus addon for Neon ?
djwhite Wrote:Great skin stoli - keep up the good work.
This is the only skin that i can rely on for the AppleTV (1st gen).

The only problem i have is, how do i get the Weather.com Plus addon for Neon ?

I just jailbroke my ATV2 today, so that should take some of my time this week. Smile

It's in Nuka's repo.
-stoli-
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC4