What a piece of crap!
My new ion box worked for several weeks without any issues. Then suddenly (without any changes), I started getting network disconnects - that is, xbmc suddenly couldn't see my NAS - so all my media was unavailable.

I've lived with this for several weeks, then suddenly I start it up and it's displaying everything in 4:3. Seems that somehow the resolution got screwed up - again...without any changes to the system. Talk about ghosts in the machine.

The only thing thing that I saw was an update took place (some TV-recent thingee script). Would this change anything? How can things be working, then suddenly not be working when I leave my system alone (except for using it to watch media!).

My xbox worked for years without issues. Don't figure! OoStare

Rant over! Rolleyes
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Machines can sometimes do strange things.. Maybe you have a bad wire, connector or hardware....
Also software works with bits and if one of them is lazy or fall down you could get serious problems Wink

Try not to let the machine get you down and try to localize the problem.
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
/rant on

many user make new forums posts, then rant and rave about this and that not working, yet they don't even bother to post an xbmc.log to a pastebin site so others might have a clue about helping resolve the issues. I just wonder it they would rather rant than get any actual help.

/rant off
davilla Wrote:/rant on

many user make new forums posts, then rant and rave about this and that not working, yet they don't even bother to post an xbmc.log to a pastebin site so others might have a clue about helping resolve the issues. I just wonder it they would rather rant than get any actual help.

/rant off

So true. In this case I had to vent Laugh.

I got the issue resolved, so a log at this point isn't necessary.

Still surprised it does such things. My other puters don't seem to do it.Rolleyes
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:The only thing thing that I saw was an update took place

My xbox worked for years without issues. Don't figure! OoStare

Rant over! Rolleyes

LOL go ask Fireman about updates. The is no way an update can hurt you.....DRIPPING with SARCASM.
FishOil Wrote:LOL go ask Fireman about updates. The is no way an update can hurt you.....DRIPPING with SARCASM.

Can you point when and where I said "there is no way an update can hurt you". I just think that many times updates are needed. If you are afraid, keep backups. That's all I said.

Also, when i was sarcastic??

I simple have a different opinion. If you have some kind of problem with my opinion contact me in private, because what you are doing, cross posting offences and flaming like you did, is not very nice...
kidkiwi Wrote:so true. In this case i had to vent Laugh.

Still surprised it does such things. My other puters don't seem to do it.Rolleyes

pebcak
So now when someone else has this problem they can do a search and find this worthless thread that has no solution.
KidKiwi Wrote:So true. In this case I had to vent Laugh.

Please share your solution to the problem so others might benefit from it in the future Smile
davilla Wrote:/rant on

/rant off

Wow, that was a rant? Sounded Vulcan straight to me.

Evidence of what a great group xbmc devs are.
SpitIV Wrote:Wow, that was a rant? Sounded Vulcan straight to me.

Evidence of what a great group xbmc devs are.

Something to do with writing some of the best software in its field, giving it to people for free, and then getting forum threads with titles like 'What a piece of crap!', in which the user hadn't even bothered to follow basic problem finding protocol (e.g. posting logs, naming the script which might have caused the problem...)?

It would annoy me quite a lot. Can't imagine posts like yours help much either.

Really... Some people... Sad
lol. re-read mate Smile
Oops! Sorry SpitIV. Wrong end of stick...! Rolleyes
It never ceases to amaze me how you can ask for help with a problem and NOT get one reply - BUT...the moment you make some OTHER comment, you get all these people jumping in and commenting.

For those interested - I added my TV's resolution (1920x1080) to the grub file and then updated grub. This may or may not be the solution, but so far it seems to have held. Only time is going to tell

EDIT: This has not fixed my issue. I now notice that when I turn on the ION box, it will NOT load xbmc until I turn of the TV. Very weird. Time to upgrade to a new version I think!
KidKiwi Wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how you can ask for help with a problem and NOT get one reply - BUT...the moment you make some OTHER comment, you get all these people jumping in and commenting.

For those interested - I added my TV's resolution (1920x1080) to the grub file and then updated grub. This may or may not be the solution, but so far it seems to have held. Only time is going to tell

You may be amazed at the help you get if you ask for it the proper way.

BTW - Thx for posting what you did to resolve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What a piece of crap!0