Is this PC any good for XBMC and HD
I'm looking to upgrade from my trusted Xbox to something a bit more powerful. I've tried several HD players such as WDTV and ACRyan but without having XBMC they are severely lacking apart from the HD playback. Even my wife thinks they are cumbersome and 'not as good as the old xbox' running xbmc. I'm saving up for an Acer Revo but wondered if this ebay item would be any good. It's on Ebay for £150. My knowledge of PC parts is severely lacking and after searching for these in xbmc.org I'm even more confused. So here's the link. If anyone could tell me if it's good to buy or not I would be most greatful.
looks like a fine little box. it's slightly more powerful than the revo (dual core vs single core).
don't know enough to advise on that pc but I just picked up a couple of revo 1600 refurbs for $170

not for sure how that equates into euro....lol
but hope it helps

http://shop.revonate.com/Refurbished_Ace...05.004.htm
WE ALL WE GOT
That looks quite a nice PC. However it isn't clear from the posting whether it has wireless built in. I suspect not.

JR
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I've taken the plunge and bought it so it should arrive soon. Wireless isn't too much of a problem as where it sits on the TV stand I can use the transfer cable that was attached to the xbox, plus I think I have some wireless adapters in a drawer somewhere. Thanks again peeps.
jhsrennie Wrote:That looks quite a nice PC. However it isn't clear from the posting whether it has wireless built in. I suspect not.

the ebay listing has all technical details, also about wifi. it's just a custom XBMC HTPC box (M350 case, zotac IONITX A-B board, etc) that someone built and is now selling, maybe because of upgrading to something else.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this PC any good for XBMC and HD0