GeForce 210, DXVA not working
I installed the MSI N210-MD512H (GeForce 210) low profile card in a cheapo refurb Compaq from Microcenter (P4 with PCIe 1). Used the copy of WinXP that was already on it and updated it fully.

Image Image
(hey, its pretty and it spices up this boring thread Smile)

MSI drivers from their site, Dharma Beta 4: no acceleration
Nvidea drivers and all versions of Dharma Beta: no go.
DSPlayer builds: no go.

The option is not there to enable it. I don't know how to force it on. I've been using acceleration successfully on Win32 with the 9500 GT in two other boxes last month, so I'm familiar with the results, not so much the technical specifics.

XBMC Live Dharma Beta 4: VDPAU works fine and even HDMI audio works perfectly.

I have Live installed to a flash drive on this machine so the WinXP installation is still intact.

Is there anything I can help provide to get this corrected for the Windows copy? I'm fine switching this box to Linux, but I'm sure others would appreciate the use of XBMC on WinXP with this card.

I'm guessing after reading this post that its a WinXP vs Vista/7 thing. I can throw Win7 on it just for giggles and try again if there is nothing that can be tackled with WinXP.

Thanks for reading,
Aaron
You need Windows7/Vista for DXVA2, that being said you could use dsplayer on xp but not quite as easy to setup.

Either that or stick live / openelec.tv on it. Personally i would go with openelec.tv / live as windows always seems a little more clunky on older hardware.
Cool, thank you. I'll try out Windowz 7 just for kicks and post results. XBMC Live (ubuntu) will prolly be permanent.

I need to get power usage too under load and idle. Your file server sounds like an awesome beast! Mine uses less than 40W Big Grin
I will get round to doing a write up on my file server at one point, haven't had a chance to measure its out put at idle and peak loads yet, hopefully it shouldn't be too bad... Is all running relatively eco friendly components, hardest part was getting a decent cpu with low tdp. In the end went with a Intel Xeon L3426, which has a max tdp of 45w.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GeForce 210, DXVA not working0