Acer Revo 1600 Screwed?
I started noticing about two days ago that when streaming MP3's to my Acer Revo 1600 it would stutter. It would constantly repeat parts of the song over and over. Like when a CD is scratched and the laser can't read it.

Last night, the Revo just didn't output anything to my TV. Normally when you turn the Revo on, you can hear the fans full blast for about a second or less. But when I turn it on now, the fan is constantly running at that high speed and it doesn't output anything to the TV.

What could be the culprit? Over heating? It was around 91 degrees yesterday. Sad
Doubt it's overheating. Since that's a pretty integrated box you might try taking it apart and reseating the RAM and hard disk. Not a whole lot else you can do. Just unplug everything you can from it and see what happens. Maybe one of your USB devices is broken?

It might still be under Acers warranty, depending on when you bought it. It comes with one year parts/labor.
The case was opened so that voids the warranty. Sad

I unplugged all USB connections and turned it on. Same problem.
fonzie Wrote:The case was opened so that voids the warranty. Sad

I unplugged all USB connections and turned it on. Same problem.

It only voids it if they care... I'd try anyway. Adding RAM is hardly a warranty removal offence, whether you had to open the case or not.

If you want to be somewhat sneaky, when asked, tell them the store put that in for you.

If you were lucky enough to purchase it at a local brick and mortar store like Best Buy, their techs probably won't care anyway. Worst outcome is they tell you sorry it's not covered... best outcome is they fix it or replace it for you.
It has no extra ram. I bought it off craigslist about 2 months ago. The guy must have taken out the extra stick before selling it, or maybe he just opened it up to see what it looked like on the inside. Regardless, it has no sticker anymore and I don't have a receipt. Sad

Update: I was able to fix it. I disconnected the power supply and reconnected it. Turned it back on and all was well. Hopefully the problem doesn't recur.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 1600 Screwed?0