Creating sub categories in library
I'v been using xbmc for some years now and i love everything about it.

atm i'm trying to figure out how to create categories for Anime and Documentaries and it seems as if i'v gotten stuck. before i used different profiles for this but it is a bit messy and not as awsome as it would be if this was possible.

Is there a way to make this work?
I appreciate your help!
Have you looked at 'Set's or perhaps smart playlists? I've got all my James Bond under sets, and I've made a category of set under the word 'clip' for all my short videos. Smart playlists, allow me to list only my HD titles or keywords embeded etc... Tell me what profiles are all about? What can I do that sets or smart playlists can't? Seriously..
I'm guessing you were following these instructions:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61779

That approach involves less work than creating sets and smart playlists but it's just not particularly elegant.

I'd agree with PatK, if you add all of your documentaries to a "Documentary" set they'll mostly stay out of the way when you're going through your movie collection (they'll take up just one space regardless of the number you have). You can then use smart playlists to categorize them if you need to (I find that easier when digging through 1000+ documentaries).

You might also need to "invent" some genres to keep it navigable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating sub categories in library0