In need of basic movie audio help
HI all,

I have my HTPC connected to a new Onkyo receiver over HDMI (Audio and Video). I have my DVDs ripped (video_ts) to a media server. When I play some movies, audio is fine. But others, there is basically no voice channel.

On my HTPC, under "Sounds and Audio Devices" on control panel (XP Pro SP3), I have 2 choices:
1) NVIDIA HDMI Audio Wave Output
2) RealTek HD Audio Output

I have this set to RealTek HD Audio Output. I have also tried to set this to NVIDIA HDMI Audio Wave Output, with no change in bahaviour.

I can play the same movies lacking voice in Zoomplayer (with Zoomplayer options for Audio selected to "NVIDIA HDMI Audio Wave Output") and all audio is fine. I notice that AC3filter starts up as well.

INSIDE of XBMC, when movie with bad audio is playing, I have "ANALOG" selected.

Any advice on what is incorrect with my configuration? I read someplace that I should have "HDMI" as an audio selection withing XBMC, but I only have Analog and Digital (at least on the Audio settings for a movie playing)

Thanks!
Select Digital, not analogue.
I tried that and get "Failed to initialize audio device, Check your audiosettings"

So when go to "Settings -> System -> Audio Output", I realized "Audio Output" was set to "Analog." So I changed it to "Digital," and checked Ac3 Capable receiver and DTS capable receiver. I have "Audio output device" set to HDMI wave.

But when in the movie, selecting Digital still gives me
Failed to initialize audio device - Check your audiosettings

??
Fixed....
I needed to update my HDMI audio driver, which fixed it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
In need of basic movie audio help0