[AppleTV] Apple TV constant crashing and Crystal HD driver disappears?
Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on whats happening here, I'm having a number of problems which may or may not be related

1. While playing 720HD the program will freeze for 10-15 seconds after which the pause screen will come up then after a few seconds it will crash to the episode menu, this can happen after 10 minutes or 2 minutes, it's different every time.

2. after a while (2+ hours) or use shows will run choppy as if the Crystal HD isn't installed, it'll be there in the menu but when I quit and restart it'll be gone and I have to reinstall and restart the Apple TV

3. This is a new one as of today, after number 1 happens and I press play again, it takes between 4-5 minutes for the video to start and sometimes it will quit out again straight away

XBMC.log is below
http://pastebin.com/JxtzzV5d

Cheers
Paul
No one?
Looks like you are playing back tv series video content.

Quote:DEBUG: - codecs hints have changed, must close previous stream

Can't tell if you are a bcm70012 or bcm70015. TV series are troublesome, some rips will badly strip the commercials during which the number of audio channels change and our handling of this is poor under crystalhd under a bcm70012 due to how the chd is pipelined. atv(linux) handles this much better than atv(osx).
Thanks for the reply Davila, it is tv stuff I'm trying to watch, will try a movie today and see if it's any better. Pretty sure I've got a bcm70012.

I've had a look at the instructions for atv Linux and they were way over my expertise level might have to have another look and see if I can figure them out.

What's frustrating is that it worked fine previously and now even eps that did work don't anymore.

EDIT: Just finished watching a movie and it ran fine, two stutters where it paused for about a min but didn't crash out to the menu. Going to give Sam.Nazarko's crystalbunto image a try
Davilla, does this explain perhaps why my HD audio no longer works? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85291

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Apple TV constant crashing and Crystal HD driver disappears?0