Srt subs broken!
so because it wont get used much, they shouldnt add it?? common... :talktohand:
be a little patient, the priority now (for elupus at least i think) is porting pre6
after that is done im sure it will get fixed
Smile 
i've searched for this month, but couldn't find out if anybody else noticed that the build from cvs jan-02-2005 broke ogm sub display. the same ogm file will display the proper subtitles automatically using a cvs build from december 20th, 2004. so maybe all these "fixes" ported in for the jan-2nd build broke ogm subtitle display.

thankfully i can easily go back to using the 12-20-2004 build. Smile
is the imdb lookup working in the 20-12 build? i switched back to 17-12 for the third time (tried different versions between 17-12 and 02-01). this version works great except the imdb part.
gmackenz report the bug to sourceforge, with complete description
of how and what, builds etc if you want it fixed
Exclamation 
bug report here [1096553]!
i just downloaden the cvs sources and build xbmc, but i still don't see any srt subs. i've tried disabling/enabling them from the osd, but to no effect. since i just downlaoded the sources, the new mplayer.dll should be in it. also, both the movie and the subtitle file are in the same directory (on the harddisk in the xbox) and have of course the same name (only different extensions).

reading this thread back, i thought it should work now. or is it just me?

regards (and happy new year!Wink

remco
what has it to do with ogm? it is also not working with other formats.
(dikkesnoek @ jan. 05 2005,21:45 Wrote:what has it to do with ogm? it is also not working with other formats.
wrong! .sub and .srt files are displayed correctly with playing the accompanying .avi divx file using the cvs jan-02-2005 build. the only format of video file that doesn't work for me is .ogm with the subtitles contained within the .ogm file.

[its sister format, .mkv (aka matroshka?), also doesn't work now, but did with the earlier dec-20-2004]
elupus is not gonna fix them for pre5
they should be working with pre6 dll, but there are some other bugs so be patient
(gmackenz @ jan. 06 2005,01:23 Wrote:wrong! .sub and .srt files are displayed correctly with playing the accompanying .avi divx file using the cvs jan-02-2005 build.
so the 02-01 version will also play from dvd?

what do you mean by pre5 or pre6, is that a release?

regards,

marc
mplayer dll pre5 is now used
they are busy with the new version, pre6
(striker @ jan. 07 2005,02:24 Wrote:mplayer dll pre5 is now used
they are busy with the new version, pre6
is there a workaround probably? there are still new cvs releases while this important bug is still in the code. i also not understand why people are releasing builds these days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Srt subs broken!0