Mac to PC - SMB login issue
Ok so i tried looking around this forum for my specific issue for atleast 30minutes but couldn't find it, sorry if it's a RP.

So i've never had any issues before, and i haven't changed anything since the last time it worked.

I can't login to my PC's shared files through SMB in XBMC (Over WiFi).

I find the PC without issues, but when i attempt to login it just pops me back to enter login info each time i try to login, as if i had entered something incorrectly.

I know i got the right login/pw because it works fine through OSX standard SMB connection (cmd+K) and i can access my files there.

I've tried removing PW on the PC, making new accounts, reinstalling XBMC but it won't solve the issue. No

OSX Version 1.5.8
Platform MacBook
Install Method dmg
SVN Revision XBMC 9.11 r26018
Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/favRA0Uy

Thoughts?
Have you tried with latest beta?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Have you recently installed MSN messenger on the PC, or the newest Windows Live stuff? It seems to break non-windows SMB sharing for some reason. (It's the sign-in assistant that is the culprit)
Doood Wrote:Have you recently installed MSN messenger on the PC, or the newest Windows Live stuff? It seems to break non-windows SMB sharing for some reason. (It's the sign-in assistant that is the culprit)

Yeah i have actually. I'll have to try removing it. Thanks for the tip

Edit: That solved it, thanks a lot, sir!
I had to remove the windows live sign in assistant to fix the problem. Thanks for the tip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac to PC - SMB login issue0