[LINUX] Better XBMC performance with Linux responsiveness patches?
a_user Wrote:oh, and if you want to test the effect of the patch without the patch look here:

edit: note the patch groups processes by tty used. this one by userspace/shell in which it is executed. so here as a normal desktop user you would get more cgroups. culd be even better for "normal" desktop users.

Thanks for that. I will give it a try and see if it makes a difference for me on high system load.
i looked into your stuff and i see it is using functionality only available to xbmc-live distro.
i am not using xbmc live. i wonder how i could check for pending recordings of vdr having only a "standard" vdr isntalled and xmbc.
a_user Wrote:i looked into your stuff and i see it is using functionality only available to xbmc-live distro.

I do not use XBMC Live. I have a minimal Ubuntu installation with a self-compiled version of XBMC. I install all my XBMC stuff in /home/xbmc/. That way I can reinstall the system without having to reinstall all the XBMC stuff.

Quote:i am not using xbmc live. i wonder how i could check for pending recordings of vdr having only a "standard" vdr isntalled and XBMC.

svdrpsend.pl is part of the VDR distribution. I just copied it to /home/xbmc/bin in case it might be dropped from the VDR packages in the future. On a standard VDR installation you can find svdrpsend.pl in /usr/lib/vdr/.

To get the next timer just execute:
svdrpsend.pl -d hostname -p port NEXT abs

That is pretty much all my shell script does. You can also use:
svdrpsend.pl -d hostname -p port NEXT rel

... to get the relative time of the next timer.
hmm, then where do i find the file "/home/xbmc/var/run/vdr.timer" in a normal installation? there is no "var" directory under /usr/local/lib/xbmc nor under /usr/local/share/xbmc.
a_user Wrote:hmm, then where do i find the file "/home/xbmc/var/run/vdr.timer" in a normal installation? there is no "var" directory under /usr/local/lib/xbmc nor under /usr/local/share/xbmc.

That file is created by the method fnSetAcpiTimer in /etc/pm/sleep.d/00_local_activityd. It is just used to store the time of the next timer. This information is required on resume; you can use any other file you like.
alright. i should stop watching this stuff now. have work to do Smile
must finish the assignments for next week or my studies have nothing to solve Wink

at least i have new stuff to play with when i am back home Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Better XBMC performance with Linux responsiveness patches?0