• 6(current)
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows
Hmm.. doesn't work for me.

Here's exactly what I did:

Downloaded 200 and patched with the 206 -> Added movie folder under the group name movies with the plus button -> Started scraper and clicked yes to both of the prompts. The program then scraped new posters and fanart for all the movies.

Here's my layout:
Movie folder root
---moviename Folder
------folder.jpg
------moviename.mkv
------moviename-trailer.mov
------fanart.jpg

I do not have any .nfos in any of the folders. I also tried using Ember to generate movie.nfos (just in case you base the search for the folder.jpg/fanart.jpg based off the movie.nfo presence) before running XMM and that didn't seem to do anything.

Basically I would like to get XMM to take all the existing data from the movie folders and then scrape the nfo (and fanart/posters if they are missing).

So am I missing something or is it not possible yet?
blzalewski Wrote:So am I missing something or is it not possible yet?

The app skips everything if there is no NFO present.
I'll change that and release small patch later today.

[edit] Fixed.

Build 2.0.7 (28 December 2010)
* Fixed a problem with Nfo and Image importer.
plyoung.com - my personal site where I blog about the projects I work on
xyber Wrote:Nope, you are not missing anything. The app does not support that since I never knew about such an ability in xbmc. Doubt I'll hack it into v2 but it will certainly be something to look at for v3.

Any suggestions for a work-around for now? I have a pile of commercial DVDs turned ISOs with multiple episodes on them and I'd love to have them properly show up.

Thanks!
Repeated with the patch and it still didn't work (still scraped new posters and fanart). Also, I got this error message when I was scrolling through the list:

Quote:************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at xMM2.Util.CopyImage(Image img1, Image img2, Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean centerAroundX)
at xMM2.MainForm.GenerateAudioIcon(String[] codecs, String channels)
at xMM2.MainForm.UpdateInfoPanel()
at xMM2.MainForm.tMediaList_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
xMM2
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brian/Downloads/xmm2/xMM2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.66.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.66.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brian/Downloads/xmm2/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
TechNuts
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brian/Downloads/xmm2/TechNuts.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
TheMovieDBLib
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brian/Downloads/xmm2/TheMovieDBLib.DLL
TvdbLib
Assembly Version: 0.8.8.0
Win32 Version: 0.8.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brian/Downloads/xmm2/TvdbLib.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Web
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4955 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
5fy2a3ul
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Sorry, but I can't think of any workaround, and the way the app currently works and handles eps makes it a bit hard to add such a feature in v2.

Good news is that I've officially started work on v3 so hopefully beta testing for xmm3 can start in February.
blzalewski Wrote:Repeated with the patch and it still didn't work (still scraped new posters and fanart). Also, I got this error message when I was scrolling through the list:

Can you please paste the contents of xmm.log
You can use this service, http://pastebin.com/ and just post the link here.

Lets see what the log sais and if I can't find an answer in there I'll send you a special debug build to track down the problem.

Here is a workaround for that error you got, for some reason the icon that indicates the audio channels of one of your video files is not loaded correctly - not much to do with the nfo/images loading though but will fix that exception error you getting Wink (this is to patch build207 and will be available in next build 208 whenever that becomes available)
http://www.plyoung.com/xmm/download/xmm2_build207b.zip
This is not working for me. I already have the nfo and artwork in the folders (from EMM), when I load them into xmm2 I get no info about the movie, only gray. It seems like it's not scraping (not that it has too), when I go to edit movie, there is no info other than the movie name.

Edit: Downloaded file from previous page and it is now working. Any way to import and scan the movies and info, and scrape individually if it does not find info? Meaning I don't want to auto scrape if it does not find a file.

Edit 2: It would be great if when you click on a movie name, the actual movie does not expand. I don't want to open videos from here, and I keep accidentally starting movies.

Edit 3: When I choose no to the options to use existing nfo's seems like xmm freezes (or it takes forever) to scan the folder.
Build 2.0.8 (29 Dec 2010)
* Added option to Import without scraping
- 1)go Menu -> Tools -> Active Group -> Scan Folders (to get list of media items without scraping)
- 2)go Menu -> Tools -> Active Group -> Run Importer (to load nfo and images from hdd without going online to scrape)

@CrashnBrn Don't select anything else than Movies or Series from the drop-downs on the window where you add Folders. The other scrapers are not working/ not implemented. Movies = TMDB scraper and Series = TVDB scraper, the other are broken. So the "anime" one would not work.
Just wanted to let you know of a little problem. I have some movies with an extrafanart sub-folder. When I do an export only the movies without the extrafanart folder have the nfo written/exported.
I've created a quick hack which will allow you set folders to be ignored/skipped.
1) Go to Menu:System -> Config and under the Misc tab you can enter the folder names
2) You will have to run the "Scan Folders" option once (after setting the folder names), so that xmm can mark the folders to be ignored
3) You should no longer see extrafanart in the list/tree of items and export should now work for the items it previously skipped.

build 2.0.8b (29 Dec 2010)
* Added option to Import without scraping
- 1)go Menu -> Tools -> Active Group -> Scan Folders (to get list of media items without scraping)
- 2)go Menu -> Tools -> Active Group -> Run Importer (to load nfo and images from hdd without going online to scrape)
* Added option to skip/ignore certain folders (for example folder holding additional images like "extrafanart")
- Can set these folder names in Options -> Misc tab
Wow, that was quick and works great!Nod
Any way to eliminate the option of when you click on a movie is opens that drop down with the actual movie file

I don't see a point of being able to double click on a movie to start it. I understand having a right click option, but this program isn't a media player.

Also another suggestion is an easier way to get out of edit mode.

So far so good!
CrashnBrn Wrote:Any way to eliminate the option of when you click on a movie is opens that drop down with the actual movie file

I don't see a point of being able to double click on a movie to start it. I understand having a right click option, but this program isn't a media player.

Also another suggestion is an easier way to get out of edit mode.

The ability to start a media player from the app will not be removed (I might add an option to disable it but don't see the point since double click is not used for anything else).

The reason to expand the folder and show the actual video file is that there might be more than one file, for example a movie broken into two 700Mb files. There are also trailers/sample files in the folder which a user might want access to.

I can see that the folder expanding on click could be annoying for some so I'll change the way it works in xmm3 where the folder will only expand if you double click/ press enter on it. I'll see if I can hack it into v2 too.

To toggle between view and edit modes you simply go to Tools menu and click "Edit Mode" to toggle it. Any suggestion on how I can make that easier?

[edit]
build 208c available with above mentioned change.
xyber Wrote:The ability to start a media player from the app will not be removed (I might add an option to disable it but don't see the point since double click is not used for anything else).

The reason to expand the folder and show the actual video file is that there might be more than one file, for example a movie broken into two 700Mb files. There are also trailers/sample files in the folder which a user might want access to.

I can see that the folder expanding on click could be annoying for some so I'll change the way it works in xmm3 where the folder will only expand if you double click/ press enter on it. I'll see if I can hack it into v2 too.

To toggle between view and edit modes you simply go to Tools menu and click "Edit Mode" to toggle it. Any suggestion on how I can make that easier?

Ahh I see, that makes complete sense, I don't have any movies that have multiple files so I did not pick up on that Smile

Hmmm maybe a close button, or when you click save it takes you out of edit mode? I'm sure others would have better ideas Nod

Maybe I'm just being lazy/dumb but the first time I used Xmm2 it took me a minute to figure out how to get out of edit mode.

Thanks for the quick replies!
CrashnBrn Wrote:Ahh I see, that makes complete sense, I don't have any movies that have multiple files so I did not pick up on that Smile

Hmmm maybe a close button, or when you click save it takes you out of edit mode? I'm sure others would have better ideas Nod

Maybe I'm just being lazy/dumb but the first time I used Xmm2 it took me a minute to figure out how to get out of edit mode.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Haha, sorry. I do have some crude "help/tutorial" but it is hidden away at the bottom of this page plyoung.com/xmm.

Closing edit on save won't be nice for people busy editing a lot of items. I once sat 2 days editing my media collection in xmm and having to activate edit mode each time after an auto close would not go down well.

Guess I could have called it "Toggle Edit Mode", then it would be clear that it switches between modes. Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows1