• 169(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Angelscry Wrote:With the last version of Advanced Launcher (1.5.4), arguments for .lnk files launchers have changed. It must be now %rom% and not anymore "%rom%": http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti..._shortcuts

Thx Angelscry for your help, it's working now.

I have another problem but maybe it will be someone else who have the answer: In my PC games directory I have 3 LNK, for Deus EX, Modern warfare 2 and for Mirror's edge, " games start without problem but not Mirror's edge, it crashs immedatly. I precise that if I start the game directly with the LNK, it runs well.

Thanks for your helps guys.
fablog Wrote:Thx Angelscry for your help, it's working now.

I have another problem but maybe it will be someone else who have the answer: In my PC games directory I have 3 LNK, for Deus EX, Modern warfare 2 and for Mirror's edge, " games start without problem but not Mirror's edge, it crashs immedatly. I precise that if I start the game directly with the LNK, it runs well.

Thanks for your helps guys.
It did not sound good. Seems that due to a compatibility problems :
  • Mirror's edge and XBMC cannot run at the same time
  • or Mirror's edge cannot be started from XBMC
If you start XBMC, then start Mirror's edge from its .lnk file (while XBMC still running) do you still have the crash?
Angelscry Wrote:It did not sound good. Seems that due to compatibility problems :
  • Mirror's edge and XBMC cannot run at the same time
  • or Mirror's edge cannot be started from XBMC
If you start XBMC, then start Mirror's edge from its .lnk file (while XBMC still running) do you still have the crash?

Nope, no crash like that. When I start it from Xbmc I can see only the first logo screen before the crash and I get a windows Popup with this text:

General protection fault!

History: Address = 0x24a3238 (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x2354d5e (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x2c03caa (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x401585 (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x40170c (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x131308e (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x7658339a (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77459ed2 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77459ea5 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77459ea5 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
fablog Wrote:Nope, no crash like that. When I start it from Xbmc I can see only the first logo screen before the crash and I get a windows Popup with this text:

General protection fault!

History: Address = 0x24a3238 (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x2354d5e (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x2c03caa (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x401585 (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x40170c (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
Address = 0x131308e (filename not found) [in E:\Jeux PC\Mirror's Edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]
BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x7658339a (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77459ed2 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 077459ea5 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
Ok... so now... another test : If you create a stand-alone launcher pointing to the MirrorsEdge.exe file (not the corresponding .lnk file) and try to start it from XBMC, do you still have the crash?
Angelscry Wrote:Ok... so now... another test : If you create a stand-alone launcher pointing to the MirrorsEdge.exe file (not the corresponding .lnk file) and try to start it from XBMC, do you still have the crash?

Yes, the same crash so it's seems there is an uncompatibility between XBMC and Mirror's edge.
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey folks,

I assume I'm gonna get beasted here, but I have read the wiki, and I have read though a lot of this thread (but not all of it) and I am struggling to get this going?

Here's what I have done:
Here is my current file structure:
E:\Emu\Zsnes\Roms (same for snes9x)

I have entered AL and selected option 2 (emu) I then pointed it to the znes EXE, rom folder, art folder etc.

I advised it that it was a super nintendo emu.

My arguments were exactly what was written in the wiki (they defaulted to these anyway) I tried -fullscreen and without -fullscreen.

Both emus work fine out side of xbmc.

When I go to select the emu it just displayed "working" and then nothing happens. EXE location is correct, rom location is correct, fanart location is correct, checked and double checked the arguments and they are carbon copy's of whats on the wiki.

The emus work Fine out side the xbmc environment, I have tried zsnes, snes9x and Mame and kawaks but they all seem to fail and produce no error etc.

"Working" appears then disappears almost immdeietly?

I'm on windows,
Dharma 10.1,
Using skin CEV2 (2.0.5)

Am I forgettig something or have I totally got the wrong idea here?

Cheers,

And appologies in advance if I've made a total fanny of my self by getting it way wrong.

I can't post a log etc as I'm on an iPad Oo but as I mentioned there is no script error or anything being reported?

I assume it's so ething simple I've missed (as everyone else is using it fine) so any help pointers or advice in getting zsnes or snes9x up and running is appreciated so that I can then go on setting the rest up.

~Pat

I'm experiencing the same problems as Patrick here. I'm on a windows xbmc machine, running 10.1 Dharma build and the alaska revisited skin.

I've used the wiki and the install instructions supplied in the first post; still experiencing problems. I've searched 30+ pages back to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem. I'm still relatively new to XBMC, but after following this thread the dev seems to provide great support here. I just tried a super nes emu, zsnes, the version is the same as provided in the advanced launcher compatible emu's located in the wiki.

I couldn't locate what launcher.xml file you are looking for, i've searched for this too. Is it located in documents and settings/application data/xbmc?

I do have a pastebin for a file located in the parent dir of that folder, named xbmc.log. It's located here: http://pastebin.com/mDVTd7tx

If this isn't it, could you provide me where to locate the file? i've checked the addon folder in the same dir for advanced launcher and didn't see the launcher.xml.

Sorry for the long post/question. Thanks for your help.
fablog Wrote:Yes, the same crash so it's seems there is an uncompatibility between XBMC and Mirror's edge.
You still have the alternative to create a .bat script that will close XBMC before starting Mirror's Edge, and then will restart XBMC when Mirror's Edge will be closed : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6

It could also be linked to a windows users rights problem. I have already encounter such kind of problem with Boxee application : not able to start Boxee from XBMC. If have fixed this problem using this following method : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=25 Maybe, it will also work for Mirror's Edge.
BrutalBrock Wrote:I'm experiencing the same problems as Patrick here. I'm on a windows xbmc machine, running 10.1 Dharma build and the alaska revisited skin.

I've used the wiki and the install instructions supplied in the first post; still experiencing problems. I've searched 30+ pages back to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem. I'm still relatively new to XBMC, but after following this thread the dev seems to provide great support here. I just tried a super nes emu, zsnes, the version is the same as provided in the advanced launcher compatible emu's located in the wiki.

I couldn't locate what launcher.xml file you are looking for, i've searched for this too. Is it located in documents and settings/application data/xbmc?

I do have a pastebin for a file located in the parent dir of that folder, named xbmc.log. It's located here: http://pastebin.com/mDVTd7tx

If this isn't it, could you provide me where to locate the file? i've checked the addon folder in the same dir for advanced launcher and didn't see the launcher.xml.

Sorry for the long post/question. Thanks for your help.
The launchers.xml file is located into :
  • Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher
  • Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\ userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher
But, after creating a files launcher you need to add items : manually or automatically (scan). The "Add Items" option is into the launcher context menu. You can access this menu through the "C" key of your keyboard.
Angelscry Wrote:The launchers.xml file is located into :
  • Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher
  • Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\ userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher
But, after creating a files launcher you need to add items : manually or automatically (scan). The "Add Items" option is into the launcher context menu. You can access this menu through the "C" key of your keyboard.

Thank you for the fast response. Here is the pastebin for my launcher.xml: http://pastebin.com/605Qsv1P

EDIT: Sorry, pretty late here. I see the add items now,haha. Man, labor day weekend, sleep schedule messed up. Wink

EDIT AGAIN: I've added items and the roms were shown. I tried launching a verified rom I know that works. Here is the link for the launcher.xml file after: http://pastebin.com/Ui9045CH

Thanks again.
BrutalBrock Wrote:Thank you for the fast response. Here is the pastebin for my launcher.xml: http://pastebin.com/605Qsv1P

EDIT: Sorry, pretty late here. I see the add items now,haha. Man, labor day weekend, sleep schedule messed up. Wink
No problem. But you launchers.xml file look strange. Do you have open it or edit it using a text or a xml editor? Oo
Not sure if this is possible. I'm using Aeon Nox on Vista currently and use Advanced Launcher to activate Hyperspin through XBMC. Everything works fine except that when you activate/deactivate Hyperspin there is a few seconds where you can see the desktop. Do you know any way of eliminating this? Great work on the Launcher by the way, from what I've seen it's a very versatile app!!
Deano316 Wrote:Not sure if this is possible. I'm using Aeon Nox on Vista currently and use Advanced Launcher to activate Hyperspin through XBMC. Everything works fine except that when you activate/deactivate Hyperspin there is a few seconds where you can see the desktop. Do you know any way of eliminating this? Great work on the Launcher by the way, from what I've seen it's a very versatile app!!
That's not a really easy thing to do. It is mostly related, firstly, to the power of your computer to start an application and secondly to the time an application takes to focus into fullscreen windows. That's not really constant or parameters we can control easily.

I think, it might be possible to use AutoIt to make a transition screen script :
  • XBMC start the script
  • The script directly show a black fullscreen image
  • The script start hyperspin
  • When Hyperspin screen is focused
  • Switch black fullscreen to Hyperspin screen.
But even with this kind of script... I'm not sure you will not see the desktop when XBMC will start the script.

You can also try to make a script that will turn off/turn on your monitor instead of using a black fullscreen image.

You can also try to turn your Windows Desktop into a pseudo transition screen : select a black wallpaper, hide all the icons and the taskbar.
woop more newbie questions.
Where do i save a trailer for a game to make it load.
also what format should the file be.

Thanks again
phear Wrote:woop more newbie questions.
Where do i save a trailer for a game to make it load.
also what format should the file be.

Thanks again
Trailers display is actually managed by skins, so it depend the skin you are using. Here is for example how use extra-media (extra-thumbs, extra-fanarts and trailers) for the Cirrus Extended 2 skin : "... the trailer video will be named trailer.mp4 and must be placed into the dedicated extra media folder of the game...". http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=341#p341
I am using night purity just now
  • 169(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24