• 241(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2012-06-30, 15:52)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 11:36)Pissa Wrote: It didn't work! Sad

I think the problem is with the many processes that PowerDVD starts. In details:

- PowerDVD.exe -> close after closing the software
- PowerDVD12.exe -> close after closing the software
- PowerDVD12Agent.exe -> doesn't close after closing the software, stay in background
- PowerDVD12DMREngine.exe -> doesn't close after closing the software, stay in background
- PowerDVD12ML.exe -> close after closing the software

I tried to add PowerDVD.exe and PowerDVD12ML.exe to the "ProcessWaitClose" list, and to kill PowerDVD12Agent.exe and PowerDVD12DMREngine.exe, but no lucky! Confused

With other programs, your script works perfectly!
I will try to found time to install powerDVD 12 on my Windows 7 system this week-end, and if I found the right way to proceed, I will post here the corresponding working script.

Here is the working the autoit working script :

Code:
ProcessClose ("XBMC.exe")
Run ('"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:')
ProcessWait ("PowerDVD12.exe")
ProcessWaitClose ("PowerDVD12.exe")
ProcessClose ("PowerDVD12Agent.exe")
ProcessClose ("PowerDVD12DMREngine.exe")
Run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe")

From my previous script it was missing the ProcessWait ("PowerDVD12.exe") command. We need to wait PowerDVD12.exe to be started before checking if it is close or not. I also have added commands to automatically close other PowerDVD process and clean/simplify the overall code.

Yes you did it! Big Grin

Thank you, now it works perfectly!
Many many thanks! Wink

P.S: how give you reputation?! Cool
Hey angelscry, it's me again. So far I've had no problem setting XBMC up with several other programs and launchers but Mednafen has got me stumped at the moment. I have read the Advanced Launcher wiki and read the arguements and I can't figure out the problem. I'm trying to use Mednafen for Lynx. I've edited the cfg fullscreen res values (1920x1080) and set full screen stretch to 1 as instructed by the wiki.

I think the problem has to do with the arguements. If I use just "%rom%", it will launch, but it will be in window mode. When I set the command arguement to -fs 1 "%rom%" it acts as though it will launch something but returns immediately to XBMC. I have set up Mednafen with an AutoIt Script. Let me know if you need me to post the scripts, but I don't think it's necessary since Medanfen runs fine with "%rom%", I just can't figure out how to get it to go full screen from xbmc.

Any idea what's wrong?

Also in regards to Nestopia, I can't get it to exit with the terminate function from AutoIt unless I bring up the title bar to take focus away from the main window first. I searched into this and it seems as though Nestopia has its own keyboard hook which filters out input from the AutoIt script. Is there anyway to get around that using AutoIt? Not really a big deal if not since I can just hit escape twice.

Thanks!!
(2012-06-30, 23:18)chris295 Wrote: Hey angelscry, it's me again. So far I've had no problem setting XBMC up with several other programs and launchers but Mednafen has got me stumped at the moment. I have read the Advanced Launcher wiki and read the arguements and I can't figure out the problem. I'm trying to use Mednafen for Lynx. I've edited the cfg fullscreen res values (1920x1080) and set full screen stretch to 1 as instructed by the wiki.

I think the problem has to do with the arguements. If I use just "%rom%", it will launch, but it will be in window mode. When I set the command arguement to -fs 1 "%rom%" it acts as though it will launch something but returns immediately to XBMC. I have set up Mednafen with an AutoIt Script. Let me know if you need me to post the scripts, but I don't think it's necessary since Medanfen runs fine with "%rom%", I just can't figure out how to get it to go full screen from xbmc.

Any idea what's wrong?

Also in regards to Nestopia, I can't get it to exit with the terminate function from AutoIt unless I bring up the title bar to take focus away from the main window first. I searched into this and it seems as though Nestopia has its own keyboard hook which filters out input from the AutoIt script. Is there anyway to get around that using AutoIt? Not really a big deal if not since I can just hit escape twice.

Thanks!!
For Mednafen try to replace -fs 1 parameter by -video.fs 1
http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/document.../ChangeLog

For Nestopia, have you read the corresponding Advanced Launcher WIKI page to close Nestopia using ESC key?
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...ia#Windows

-video.fs 1 "%rom%" doesn't work either, it acts as though its going to launch but returns to xbmc

I have read the Nestopia entry in the wiki, but that's not the problem I'm having. I have tried remapping the keys but Nestopia ignores the AutoIt script commands unless the window is paused. For example, normally when you press Esc it will bring up the menu and pressing Esc again would return you to Nestopia and unpause, but since I have the autoit script I press Esc and it brings up the menu, then if I press Esc again it will exit the program. If I remap the menu to a different key, then pressing Esc does nothing. I read that the problem is because Nestopia uses its own keyboard hook unlike most other programs but I don't know if it's possible to fix this.
For Mednafen, I just figured it out. Apparently all you need to do is edit video.fs to 1 in the general config (not lynx specific tag) then you don't need the command line. It launches full screen for me now with just "%rom%"

Probably would've figured it out sooner but I didn't realize the command lines had changed until you said something. Thanks a bunch.
Must be a conflict between Nestopia and Autoit. It you remove the Escape feature of the autoit script and configure Nestopia as described on the WIKI page it must do the job, no?
If I remove the terminate function from the script, how would I go about keeping the portion of the script instructing AutoIt to restore XBMC from suspend mode when nestopia is closed? Since these lines are part of the terminate function:

Func Terminate()
ProcessClose ( "nestopia.exe" )
Run ( 'pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"')
Exit 0
EndFunc

Where should I put them?
(2012-07-01, 00:20)chris295 Wrote: If I remove the terminate function from the script, how would I go about keeping the portion of the script instructing AutoIt to restore XBMC from suspend mode when nestopia is closed? Since these lines are part of the terminate function:

Func Terminate()
ProcessClose ( "nestopia.exe" )
Exit 0
EndFunc

Where should I put them?
Something like this :

Code:
Run ( 'pssuspend "XBMC.exe"')
Run ( 'pssuspend "Xpadder.exe"')
Run ( '"G:\XBMC\games\nes\nestopia.exe" "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "G:\XBMC\games\nes\" )
ProcessWait ("nestopia.exe")
ProcessWaitClose ("nestopia.exe")
Run ( 'pssuspend -r "Xpadder.exe"')
Perfect, thanks once again!
Can anyone give me some help, i've been trying to get the walking dead ep 1 though advanced launcher but it won't start. I've quite new to the launcher part but i've got angy birds working fine but all i get is a quick flash of a window and then nothing.
(2012-07-02, 21:01)voyagerxp Wrote: Can anyone give me some help, i've been trying to get the walking dead ep 1 though advanced launcher but it won't start. I've quite new to the launcher part but i've got angy birds working fine but all i get is a quick flash of a window and then nothing.
More information about the game (executable, operating system, etc...) will be welcome if you need help.

Sorry new with this, its a executable, windows 7 64bit home. Not sure what else you need to know but the game plays fine from shortcut on desktop.
(2012-07-02, 21:32)voyagerxp Wrote: Sorry new with this, its a executable, windows 7 64bit home. Not sure what else you need to know but the game plays fine from shortcut on desktop.
And how do you start it from Advanced Launcher? Using the executable file (.exe) or the shortcut file (.lnk)?

.exe).
(2012-07-02, 22:05)voyagerxp Wrote: .exe).
For PC games it is always more simple to use .lnk files :

• 241(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24