• 268(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
can any one help me please is there any add ons for tv tokyo and fuji tv?
(2012-11-12, 04:30)EMMAWATSON Wrote: can any one help me please is there any add ons for tv tokyo and fuji tv?
and why would you be asking this question in Advanced launcher Thread ?
here is what I found after doing a search ... you could try Livestreams / navi-x
Usually what would help in your case is if you lookout for working streams of whatever japenese channels ( like the ones you require) and then request them to be integrated in one of the aforementioned addons
(2012-11-11, 22:13)shaktoo Wrote: A request .. could a folder holding selected "extrafanart" be selected as the fanart which could then be rotating as in all the fanarts for other media views ?
Advanced Launcher already include this feature. This corresponding to the "Custom Path" field that you could modify for each launcher and each items (into "Advanced options"). This custom path will allow you to define folder containing extrafanarts (.jpg files) or video trailer (.mp4) that will be then be displayed by skins. But you have to be sure to use a skin that support this feature, and actually I think that only Cirrus Extended skin do it correctly. Just a little remind how works Advanced launcher :

[Items (roms, comics, etc...)] --> [Advanced Launcher] --> [XBMC] --> [Skin] --> [Display]

Advanced Launcher send all the necessary information to XBMC, but the display of this information is managed by skins. If the skin you are using do not allow to display extrafanart or trailer for XBMC program section you will see nothing.

(2012-11-11, 22:13)shaktoo Wrote: and to edit comic infos.. do i just go into the launcher.xml and edit corrsponding data entry ?
I do not encourage you to directly edit the launchers.xml file. If you make a mistake and corrupt the file you will loose everything. Advanced Launcher include a feature to export launchers and items into .NFO files. This files will be saved into the same directory than the items. For each launcher go into "Edit Launcher", "Manage Items list" and select "Export Items data to .nfo files". Then if you want to change the information of a comic : edit the corresponding NFO file and then into Advanced Launcher go into item context menu "Edit item", "Modify Datas/Infos" and select "Import form NFO file" then the comic information will be updated.

NFO files are also really usefull if you want to make a backup of all your comics information or if you want share your comics collection between different XBMC systems. When creating a new launcher you just have to indicate NFO files as Collecting Method into Advanced Launcher settings and all the comics information will be taken from the NFO file instead of scraping them from ComicVine website. Once you have you NFO files, your thumb and fanart images locally saved, it is really fast to re-scrap an entire collection (by setting collecting methods to NFO files and local images).

(2012-11-11, 22:13)shaktoo Wrote: I totally understand why you would not consider making an addon re nil databse available where could things be scraped from. But could you modify the current AL ( at least for comics use ) to utilise logo.png / extrafanrt for backdrops
What do you mean by logo.png? Cover? Studio logo? Platform/Serie logo? Concerning extrafanart... they are already managed by advanced launcher but not by all the skins.

(2012-11-11, 22:13)shaktoo Wrote: is it posiible if AL could be setup to see the main directory e,g Comics --[ with its own logo/ poster or folder.jpg / extrafanart /
which would then point to All launchers created e.g Batman { parent directory -- with Extrafanart cycling in background , its own poster or logo or both in an ideal situation ] which will navigate to all the comics scraped inside. I know it's probably a long shot and extra work.. but this would really AL a complete solution for all comic lovers.
You can duplicate Advanced Launcher and rename it as Comics. Then modify its description, logo, fanart as described here. You will then have personnal logo, an fanart. I'm not sure it is possible to have extrafanart display when you select a program addon. This feature only depend of XBMC and the skins.

Then this duplicate instance of Advanced Launcher will contain all your launchers (series), with its owns extrafanarts (if the skin support it), logo (thumb), poster (fanart) and then all the scraped comics inside. Advanced Launcher can already do all that.

Thank you angelscry ..I dont know why you selected that nick.. caus instead of making them cry .. you are one yourself ! Big Grin
(2012-11-12, 14:29)shaktoo Wrote:
(2012-11-12, 04:30)EMMAWATSON Wrote: can any one help me please is there any add ons for tv tokyo and fuji tv?
and why would you be asking this question in Advanced launcher Thread ?
here is what I found after doing a search ... you could try Livestreams / navi-x
Usually what would help in your case is if you lookout for working streams of whatever japenese channels ( like the ones you require) and then request them to be integrated in one of the aforementioned addons

i didn't found it in navi-x
just one more question.. is there anyway of generating NFO's for ALL the comics scraped ? and I am not clear on how to get AL to see the custom fanarts for extra fanrt . BTW I am using Aeon Nox .
(2012-11-13, 02:52)shaktoo Wrote: just one more question.. is there anyway of generating NFO's for ALL the comics scraped ?
You cannot generate all the NFO at the time. Only launcher by launcher. For this, select a launcher, go into into context menu and select "Edit launcher" option. Then select "Manage Items List" and finally "Export Items data to NFO files" option.

(2012-11-13, 02:52)shaktoo Wrote: and I am not clear on how to get AL to see the custom fanarts for extra fanrt . BTW I am using Aeon Nox .
With Advanced Launcher you define a directory (Custom path) for each launchers or items containing .jpg images and these images will be automatically displayed as extra fanarts. This is how work Cirrus Extended. Now for the other skin, I do not know. As I tell you it is a Skin feature.

I setup my pcsx2 to run my dumped games. But some of the games are pal and some are ntsc. How do I setup ink to tell the emulator to use a certain bios or different configuration?

Cheers.
(2012-11-13, 10:17)lokipoki Wrote: I setup my pcsx2 to run my dumped games. But some of the games are pal and some are ntsc. How do I setup ink to tell the emulator to use a certain bios or different configuration?

Cheers.
According to PCSX2 forum it is possible to start PCSX2 with a specific configuration file using command line : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-blog-The-...ommandline
The command line looks like this :

Code:
C:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe C:\Games\FFX.iso --cfgpath=C:\PCSX2\User-CFG\FFX-ini.ini

So if you create one specific configuration file (including PAL or NTSC configuration) for each game with the same name than the iso file, for example :

Code:
C:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe C:\Games\FFX.iso --cfgpath=C:\PCSX2\User-CFG\FFX.ini

So, it will be possible for you to start this command line using Advanced Launcher with the right command line parameter :

Application : C:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe
File Extension : iso|bin|mdf|nrg
Arguments : "%rom%" --cfgpath="C:\PCSX2\User-CFG\%romname%.ini"

(2012-11-13, 20:25)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 10:17)lokipoki Wrote: I setup my pcsx2 to run my dumped games. But some of the games are pal and some are ntsc. How do I setup ink to tell the emulator to use a certain bios or different configuration?

Cheers.
According to PCSX2 forum it is possible to start PCSX2 with a specific configuration file using command line : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-blog-The-...ommandline
The command line looks like this :

Code:
C:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe C:\Games\FFX.iso --cfgpath=C:\PCSX2\User-CFG\FFX-ini.ini

So if you create one specific configuration file (including PAL or NTSC configuration) for each game with the same name than the iso file, for example :

Code:
C:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe C:\Games\FFX.iso --cfgpath=C:\PCSX2\User-CFG\FFX.ini

So, it will be possible for you to start this command line using Advanced Launcher with the right command line parameter :

Application : C:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe
File Extension : iso|bin|mdf|nrg
Arguments : "%rom%" --cfgpath="C:\PCSX2\User-CFG\%romname%.ini"

So basically I add the argument line and create an ini file for every game I have. The ini file should have only one line auch as bios=1?! Which further parameter can I change? Is there a list?
(2012-11-14, 11:51)lokipoki Wrote: So basically I add the argument line and create an ini file for every game I have. The ini file should have only one line auch as bios=1?! Which further parameter can I change? Is there a list?
For what I understand, you setup PCSX2 with the right parameters for each of your games (using PCSX2 GUI). Then, all this modifications will be saved into PCSX2.ini file. Then, you copy and the rename the PCSX2.ini file with the same filename of your iso file (as described into my previous post) and use Advanced Launcher to start PCSX2 with a selected iso file and its corresponding configuration INI file. Maybe you will obtain more detailed information on the PCSX2 dedicated forums : http://forums.pcsx2.net/
Thanks. Create ini and rename them after the games. If I further issues I will write on pcsx2.net.
Is there any way I can set XBMC to startup directly into Advanced Launcher? I have an installation of XBMC on my gaming rig and I would like to skip the rest of the navigation to get into my game lists.
(2012-11-15, 00:28)absintheboy Wrote: Is there any way I can set XBMC to startup directly into Advanced Launcher? I have an installation of XBMC on my gaming rig and I would like to skip the rest of the navigation to get into my game lists.
Edit the 720p/Home.xml file of the skin your are using and add this line :

Code:
<onload>ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher&quot;)</onload>

as the second line of the code.
Something like this :

Code:
<window id="0">
<onload>ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher&quot;)</onload>

(2012-11-09, 23:33)shaktoo Wrote: Angelscry, thanks I had setup all scrapers etc appropriately , as I edited my post it was a matter of adding the seperator in cbr|cbz , now its scraping away fine but one thing .. scraper is getting thumbs and fan arts in the same folder.. I did what you are using personally I have put / setup covers / fanart for each launcher e.g Action comics .. will have its own covers/fanart , I set the correct patch but still its doing the same. is there any database or any setting to refresh individual launcher ?

Hi,

I messed with this for a bit a while back but in the end, winded up just doing it manually - I did not have 2000+ comics - only had about 10 collections with about 5 in each - i was more about adding them in there for the "wow" factor. Advance Launcher works great but as you can see there are issues with the actual comic websites it scrapes from ... I do remember running into your problem as well at some point - I think that is when I just did mine manually ...
  • 268(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24