• 293(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Can anyone help a novice, i wanted to launch pc games from advanced launcher but my pc games get mixed up with other programs. Is there a way to have a Games for Windows section in advanced launcher that i open to access my games.
(2013-01-19, 13:36)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 07:20)Josip Wrote: Hi guys,

When launching a SNES game from Advanced Launcher it runs at 4fps.
However if I go to the file menu of SNES9x and select "Reset Game" it runs at 60fps.

If I launch the SNES9x from explorer and load the game it runs at 60fps.

Using:
SNES9x emulator with command line -FULLSCREEN "%ROM%"
Aeon MQ4 skin 2.5.0 (same issue with Confluence)
Frodo RC3
Advanced Launcher 1.10.15

I have tried running xbmc in windows mode and true full screen and it doesn't fix the issue.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
What happen if you start SNES9X with a game from command line into a CMD window?

(2013-01-19, 08:55)Ghostdivision Wrote: I followed your guide to add a web browser with advanced launcher for xbmc.

My only question is, is their anyway without using the toggle mode, for xbmc not to minimize when its launch. I would like my browser to launch overtop xbmc but not minimize it.
No there is no other method. Why you do not want to use the toggle mode option?

Because it pops xbmc in and out, and sometimes xbmc lands on the top. So if i launch the browser, google launches, but xbmc ends up on top in focus, and google chrome is in behind it.

The minimization does not look as clean, im trying to make this less like a windows build, and have hid my taskbar so minimizing xbmc is not really ideal.

Would be nice if there was a dont minimize xbmc option.

(2013-01-19, 16:39)Pieeeeeee Wrote: Hi

I have xbmcbuntu Frodo (RC3) and Advanced Launcher 1.10.15 (did that manually with the zipfile cause the latest version in xbmc is 1.7).
I added chromium-browser. It opens, but I can't use it. The mouse nor keyboard are working, and my remote control only works for xbmc which is behind the window of Chrome. Is this a bug or can I fix it?
It could be bug specific of the GIT version of XBMC Frodo RC3 you are using. Could be also linked to the fact that you are using XBMCBuntu, and that mean that you do not have any desktop/windows manager controling your Chrome application... and it could be possible that it also do not manage any controls out of XBMC. You have to understand that actually you are trying to start external applications of a system (XBMCbuntu) not dedicated to support them.

(2013-01-19, 17:30)Josip Wrote: If I run SNES9x from a CMD window it runs at full speed.

If I run the SNES game using the remote or keyboard within xbmc it loads that game running at 5fps.
If I click on the SNES game within xbmc using the mouse it loads the game at full speed.

I can replicate that every time, very weird.
Yes... very weird. Because Advanced Launcher do not have any control on remote, mouse an keyborad, it is definitively an XBMC bug. Maybe it will be a good idea to report it here : http://trac.xbmc.org/

(2013-01-19, 20:28)rusher Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 13:49)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 12:16)rusher Wrote: I got a problem with Advanced Launcher, I added emulator launcher for Gameboy, SNES eg., then I link each console to the main menu, but after a while it just deletes the launcher I configured (script failed: addon.py), anyone knows how to fix that? thx
Do you mean that the launcher is deleted from the XBMC main menu or directly from Advanced Launcher? Which versions of XBMC and Advanced Launcher are you using? Also, be aware that some GIT versions of XBMC Frodo can corrupt the Advanced Launcher database file. Could you post here the content of your launchers.xml file?

I am using XBMC Frodo RC3 together with Advanced Launcher 1.10.15. The launchers are deleted directly from Advanced Launcher, therefore it wont help you if I post the content of my launchers.xml file because it's empty now. I added a few launchers for emulators (gameboy, SNES, DOS, gamecube and playstation), I did that a couple of times, one time each time I added a second launcher, the first one was gone, now I was able to add all the launchers mentioned above, and after restarting XBMC a couple of time only SNES and Gameboy were left, it's so annoying.
No GIT version number, no launchers.xml file... Sorry I cannot help you.
(2013-01-19, 23:18)voyagerxp Wrote: Can anyone help a novice, i wanted to launch pc games from advanced launcher but my pc games get mixed up with other programs. Is there a way to have a Games for Windows section in advanced launcher that i open to access my games.
Create .lnk shortcuts of your games. Put them into the same folder and do the same as this tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyfRa7gygEc

(2013-01-20, 14:05)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 13:36)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 07:20)Josip Wrote: Hi guys,

When launching a SNES game from Advanced Launcher it runs at 4fps.
However if I go to the file menu of SNES9x and select "Reset Game" it runs at 60fps.

If I launch the SNES9x from explorer and load the game it runs at 60fps.

Using:
SNES9x emulator with command line -FULLSCREEN "%ROM%"
Aeon MQ4 skin 2.5.0 (same issue with Confluence)
Frodo RC3
Advanced Launcher 1.10.15

I have tried running xbmc in windows mode and true full screen and it doesn't fix the issue.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
What happen if you start SNES9X with a game from command line into a CMD window?

(2013-01-19, 08:55)Ghostdivision Wrote: I followed your guide to add a web browser with advanced launcher for xbmc.

My only question is, is their anyway without using the toggle mode, for xbmc not to minimize when its launch. I would like my browser to launch overtop xbmc but not minimize it.
No there is no other method. Why you do not want to use the toggle mode option?

Because it pops xbmc in and out, and sometimes xbmc lands on the top. So if i launch the browser, google launches, but xbmc ends up on top in focus, and google chrome is in behind it.

The minimization does not look as clean, im trying to make this less like a windows build, and have hid my taskbar so minimizing xbmc is not really ideal.

Would be nice if there was a dont minimize xbmc option.
This option already exists into Advanced Launcher and could be setup for each launcher :

Also, to fully use Advanced Launcher under Windows operating system, you will need to activate the "Use a fullscreen window" rather than "true fullscreen" option that is present into XBMC system settings. Have you done it?

Quote:Create .lnk shortcuts of your games. Put them into the same folder and do the same as this tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyfRa7gygEc

Thanks for that, need some more help on another matter is you can help.

I have setup Hyperspin emulator frontend to start through advanced launcher and it starts fine but xbmc minimizes and when i exit Hyperspin xbmc stays minimized.

What i'd like to happen is the following:

1, Click on Hyperspin in advanced launcher.
2, Hyperspin to start and Xbmc to close altogether.
3, Exit Hyperspin and Xbmc to start up.

Can you or any other user of Hyperspin help me on this matter.
(2013-01-20, 16:55)voyagerxp Wrote:
Quote:Create .lnk shortcuts of your games. Put them into the same folder and do the same as this tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyfRa7gygEc

I have setup Hyperspin emulator frontend to start through advanced launcher and it starts fine but xbmc minimizes and when i exit Hyperspin xbmc stays minimized.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1239650

And if you need it, here is the correct script :
Code:
Run ( 'pssuspend XBMC.exe' )
Run ( 'C:\Program Files\HyperSpin\Hyperspin.exe','', 'C:\Program Files\HyperSpin\' )
ProcessWaitClose ( "Hyperspin.exe" )
Run ( 'pssuspend -r XBMC.exe' )
WinSetState("XBMC", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
(2013-01-20, 17:06)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 16:55)voyagerxp Wrote:

Code:
Run ( 'C:\Program Files\HyperSpin\Hyperspin.exe','', 'C:\Program Files\HyperSpin\' )

Quite new to this, Does the script close xbmc and not minimize and if so How do i compile this script into executable file and start it instead of Hyperspin.exe.

(2013-01-20, 17:16)voyagerxp Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 17:06)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 16:55)voyagerxp Wrote: Thanks for that, need some more help on another matter is you can help.

Code:

Quite new to this, Does the script close xbmc and not minimize and if so How do i compile this script into executable file and start it instead of Hyperspin.exe.
All is into the link. Just read and follow the links.

I've looked at some of the info in the link but still stumped abit. I've created that script and compiled it using Aut2Exe and pointed advanced launcher to the new exe file and hyperspin starts up great and shuts down fine but xbmx is running still in the background.I think its down to pssuspend but i know nothing about this and how to install this and the links to the info are broken.
Is it at all possible to make it show me all the games I have across multiple emulators? I'd like to my setup to have a main menu of Games and then sub-menus under that broken down by system?
(2013-01-20, 18:30)voyagerxp Wrote: I've looked at some of the info in the link but still stumped abit. I've created that script and compiled it using Aut2Exe and pointed advanced launcher to the new exe file and hyperspin starts up great and shuts down fine but xbmx is running still in the background.I think its down to pssuspend but i know nothing about this and how to install this and the links to the info are broken.
Instead of compiling and using an autoitscript, you can also use a .bat file :
Code:
pskill -t XBMC.exe
cd C:\Program Files\HyperSpin\
Hyperspin.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\"
start /max XBMC.exe

(2013-01-21, 00:06)jgtg32a Wrote: Is it at all possible to make it show me all the games I have across multiple emulators? I'd like to my setup to have a main menu of Games and then sub-menus under that broken down by system?
Just create one file launcher per system.

I've done that
*Launcher 1
****Chu
****Man
*Launcher 2
****Foo

but what I'm looking to do now is set up something so that I have a way to view all of the "ROM" across all launchers.

*Everything
****Chu
****Foo
****Man
(2013-01-21, 06:37)jgtg32a Wrote: I've done that
*Launcher 1
****Chu
****Man
*Launcher 2
****Foo

but what I'm looking to do now is set up something so that I have a way to view all of the "ROM" across all launchers.

*Everything
****Chu
****Foo
****Man
No, actually not possible.
(2013-01-21, 06:50)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 06:37)jgtg32a Wrote: I've done that
*Launcher 1
****Chu
****Man
*Launcher 2
****Foo

*Everything
****Chu
****Foo
****Man
No, actually not possible.

Actually VERY possible.. But a LOT of work is required
you have to add one game at a time with its emulator like you are adding a windows game.

for example

select the exe mame.exe and then for arguments type 1942
One at a time.. scrapping manually
after hours of work you will have 1 list containing all systems and games
Quote:Instead of compiling and using an autoitscript, you can also use a .bat file :
Code:
pskill -t XBMC.exe
cd C:\Program Files\HyperSpin\
Hyperspin.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\"
start /max XBMC.exe

Ok so i make a bat file but where do i place the bat file and what do i name it.
  • 293(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24