• 321(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Sorry just updated to XBMC 12 and want to know if running two versions of Advanced Launcher is the same process as XBMC 11?

IE....

Quote:C:\Users\Whatever\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Copy/Paste plugin.program.advanced.launcher, and rename the copy to plugin.program.advanced.programs

Edit addon.xml in the new directory

Change to this & save
<addon id="plugin.program.advanced.programs" name="Advanced Launcher Programs"

----------

C:\Users\Whatever\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plug in.program.advanced.programs\resources\lib

Edit launcher_plugin.py

Go to line 45, change to

PLUGIN_DATA_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( "special://profile/addon_data", "plugin.program.advanced.programs") )
__settings__ = Addon( id="plugin.program.advanced.programs" )

FYI, fairly sure I'm using 1.2.0 on xbmc 11 so hopefully its the same as above.
(2013-04-25, 12:54)leftywhat Wrote: Sorry just updated to XBMC 12 and want to know if running two versions of Advanced Launcher is the same process as XBMC 11?

IE....

Quote:C:\Users\Whatever\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Copy/Paste plugin.program.advanced.launcher, and rename the copy to plugin.program.advanced.programs

Edit addon.xml in the new directory

Change to this & save
<addon id="plugin.program.advanced.programs" name="Advanced Launcher Programs"

----------

C:\Users\Whatever\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plug in.program.advanced.programs\resources\lib

Edit launcher_plugin.py

Go to line 45, change to

PLUGIN_DATA_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( "special://profile/addon_data", "plugin.program.advanced.programs") )
__settings__ = Addon( id="plugin.program.advanced.programs" )

FYI, fairly sure I'm using 1.2.0 on xbmc 11 so hopefully its the same as above.
Unfortunately, it is not anymore possible to use several instances of Advanced Launcher under XBMC since Frodo release. Something has been broken or it is now forbidden to do it. A new version of Advanced Launcher will probably be released this week-end, allowing to create/manage launcher categories, so the use of duplicated version of Advanced Launcher will not be anymore necessary : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1377096
(2013-04-25, 14:15)Angelscry Wrote: Unfortunately, it is not anymore possible to use several instances of Advanced Launcher under XBMC since Frodo release. Something has been broken or it is now forbidden to do it. A new version of Advanced Launcher will probably be released this week-end, allowing to create/manage launcher categories, so the use of duplicated version of Advanced Launcher will not be anymore necessary : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1377096

Hrm ok thanks, as long as I can add the categories to favorites, so I can add them as individual menus on the main screen then I'll be happy Smile
(2013-04-25, 14:38)leftywhat Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 14:15)Angelscry Wrote: Unfortunately, it is not anymore possible to use several instances of Advanced Launcher under XBMC since Frodo release. Something has been broken or it is now forbidden to do it. A new version of Advanced Launcher will probably be released this week-end, allowing to create/manage launcher categories, so the use of duplicated version of Advanced Launcher will not be anymore necessary : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1377096

Hrm ok thanks, as long as I can add the categories to favorites, so I can add them as individual menus on the main screen then I'll be happy Smile
Yes, you will be able to add the categories to your favorites.

Very, very cool feature. Looking foward to it.
(2013-04-25, 14:49)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 14:38)leftywhat Wrote:

Yes, you will be able to add the categories to your favorites.

cool thanks, look forward to this Big Grin
should be easier than before
Version 2.0.0 : This new version of Advanced Launcher add categories support. You will have now the possibility to rearrange your launchers (stand-alone and files launchers) into different custom categories. This new features will definitively replace the need to use duplicate versions/instances of Advanced Launcher (which by the end do not work with last XBMC release).

When you will start this new version of Advanced Launcher for the first time, all your existing launchers will be stored into the default categorie. You will have then the possibility to create new categories and customize them (rename, add description, genre, thumb and fanart images). Each launcher context menu has now an option to move it into any category you want. The default category cannot be edited or deleted, but the Advanced Launcher settings contain an option to show/hide this default category.

Image Image

Advanced launcher also include now and option to append launchers.xml files. This option is to import the launchers.xml file of your duplicate versions of Advanced Launcher and merge them into the same launchers.xml file. All the imported launchers will be merged into the default category.

If you have XBMC favourites pointing to launchers or items, they will not working anymore. Sorry. The structure of Advanced launchers URL have changed and are now :

Code:
plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?category_ID/launcher_ID/item_ID

instead of previously :

Code:
plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?launcher_ID/item_ID

So you will have to recreate your Advanced Launchers favourites into XBMC.

Changelog :
  • Add category parameter to launchers.
  • Add option to show/hide the default category.
  • Add category title, genre, description modification option.
  • Add category's thumb and fanart support (scrap/copy/link options).
  • Add launchers.xml files merging option
crashing on adding a new category:
http://pastebin.com/TEUk6XAv
Nice will give it a try soon... just a quick question.... can I do something like this....

Advanced Launcher
|
Categories = Games
|
NES, SNES, N64, PC, MAME

Right?
(2013-04-27, 05:20)sudopinion Wrote: crashing on adding a new category:
How it occurs? Starting with an existing launchers list or with a new install?

(2013-04-27, 08:38)leftywhat Wrote: Nice will give it a try soon... just a quick question.... can I do something like this....

Advanced Launcher
|
Categories = Games
|
NES, SNES, N64, PC, MAME

Right?
Yes you can do this. You can create any categories you want and put any launchers you want inside.
(2013-04-27, 05:20)sudopinion Wrote: crashing on adding a new category:
Ok... spotted. Will be fixed in a few minutes...
Version 2.0.1 : This version of Advanced Launcher only fix a bug occuring during a new category creation.

Changelog :
  • Fix caterory creation bug.
Version 2.0.2 : This new version of Advanced Launcher add 2 new options for each items : "alternative application" and "alternative arguments".

You will have now the possibility to define an allternative application for an item. Typically, for example, if you have a rom that do not play correctly with the emulator you are currently using, then, you will be to define another emulator to start it. In the same way you will have also the possibility to define allternative arguments to start an item.

Changelog :
  • Add alternative application option for each items.
  • Add alternative arguments option for each items.
(2013-04-27, 15:42)Angelscry Wrote: Version 2.0.2 : This new version of Advanced Launcher add 2 new options for each items : "alternative application" and "alternative arguments".
You will have now the possibility to define an allternative application for an item. Typically, for example, if you have a rom that do not play correctly with the emulator you are currently using, then, you will be to define another emulator to start it. In the same way you will have also the possibility to define allternative arguments to start an item.

Changelog :
  • Add alternative application option for each items.
  • Add alternative arguments option for each items.

Sweet. Super Sweet.
My program loves these new features.
angels, with this new argument options, have how put ESC button to force close aplication (ex emulators, PC games...)
  • 321(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24