• 323(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2013-04-30, 16:55)sagaopc Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 02:33)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 02:23)sagaopc Wrote: Angels, have how remove or rename default in advanced Launcher?
Go into Advanced Launcher > Add-on Settings > Miscellaneous > and check "Hide Default Category".

(2013-04-30, 02:23)sagaopc Wrote: have how show in menu only Games and only emulators separately?
Into Advanced Launcher, create 2 favourites : 1 for your Games category and 2 for your Emulator category. Then add these favourites as menu or submenu entries into your skin settings.

Sorry for bothering you all the time angels, but your addon is very good, very helpful and has great potential ... I like much his work in XBMC.

I'm emulating the Dreamcast with nullDC 1.0.4 rev 150, and realized that most roms cdi crashes on launch or shortly gaming. Some already get error and do not even open, giving error plugin image, as the case of iso Dead or Alive 2.

As it is difficult to find isos without problems and most are ripped with loaders (echelon). Would be correct to use the GD-Roms in gdi format

The problem is that the GD-ROMs, in GDI format has a different structure. the gdi have in all the files format standard bin. Gdi all have the same names in all files

Ex: Bomberman Online.gdi

track1.bin
track3.bin
track2.raw

What makes it impossible to keep them in the same directory.

What I wonder is if advanced launcher would be able to read subdirectories

ex:

iso folder
       |
Bomberman Online sub folder
       |
Bomberman Online.gdi
track1.bin
track3.bin
track2.raw

i can do it, or you implement it??

Thanks for your attention!
Normally, Advanced Launcher support recursive scan option. Just verify that the option into Advanced Launcher > Addon-Settings > Data & Infos > Scan Settings > Recursive Scan is checked. Then create a launcher pointing your Dreamcast root directory (iso folder) then indicate gdi as file extension. It should work.
(2013-04-30, 17:11)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 16:55)sagaopc Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 02:33)Angelscry Wrote: Go into Advanced Launcher > Add-on Settings > Miscellaneous > and check "Hide Default Category".

Into Advanced Launcher, create 2 favourites : 1 for your Games category and 2 for your Emulator category. Then add these favourites as menu or submenu entries into your skin settings.

Sorry for bothering you all the time angels, but your addon is very good, very helpful and has great potential ... I like much his work in XBMC.

I'm emulating the Dreamcast with nullDC 1.0.4 rev 150, and realized that most roms cdi crashes on launch or shortly gaming. Some already get error and do not even open, giving error plugin image, as the case of iso Dead or Alive 2.

As it is difficult to find isos without problems and most are ripped with loaders (echelon). Would be correct to use the GD-Roms in gdi format

The problem is that the GD-ROMs, in GDI format has a different structure. the gdi have in all the files format standard bin. Gdi all have the same names in all files

Ex: Bomberman Online.gdi

track1.bin
track3.bin
track2.raw

What makes it impossible to keep them in the same directory.

What I wonder is if advanced launcher would be able to read subdirectories

ex:

iso folder
       |
Bomberman Online sub folder
       |
Bomberman Online.gdi
track1.bin
track3.bin
track2.raw

i can do it, or you implement it??

Thanks for your attention!
Normally, Advanced Launcher support recursive scan option. Just verify that the option into Advanced Launcher > Addon-Settings > Data & Infos > Scan Settings > Recursive Scan is checked. Then create a launcher pointing your Dreamcast root directory (iso folder) then indicate gdi as file extension. It should work.

ah, sorry to noobice ... I did not know that meant recursive scan

Now is working very well

Thanks again!
I'm just scraping my comics collection and unfortunately, German umlauts are not recognized. Basically, that character is completely deleted from the filename/folder which makes scraping difficult. Is this an XMBC (Frodo 12.1) problem with the codepage?
(2013-04-30, 18:13)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'm just scraping my comics collection and unfortunately, German umlauts are not recognized. Basically, that character is completely deleted from the filename/folder which makes scraping difficult. Is this an XMBC problem with the codepage?
Are you under Windows or Linux operating system?
Hey! I was trying to make a gamecenter on XBMC using Advanced Launcher and it worked pretty well until running Project64, launching with huge framedrops. I later moved on to try with zsnes only to find out that it would start in halfscreen and no sound. I looked through this thread, reading something about making a .bat file, and continued with making a bat file like this for zsnes:

pssuspend XBMC.exe
"C:\Program Files\zsnesw\zsnesw.exe" -m -s -v 41 "%1"
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
nircmd win max process XBMC.exe

In advance launcher, I pointed to open this batch file and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Test your batch file by calling it manually with the rom path.

ie: open a cmd window and type c:\mybatchfile.bat c:\roms\romfile.zip

Also... zsnes is so long on the tooth now, try something more modern like retroarch
(2013-05-02, 23:10)fr500 Wrote: Test your batch file by calling it manually with the rom path.

Also... zsnes is so long on the tooth now, try something more modern like retroarch

So how would I configure Retroarch to work, with the same principle as zsnes? How would the .bat file look like? Sorry for the lack of knowledge, I don't know much at all about scripting..
(2013-04-30, 18:26)Angelscry Wrote: Are you under Windows or Linux operating system?

It's Windows 7 x64,
Display language: English
Codepage for non-unicode programs: German (Germany)
XBMC set to English, Default codepage

Some more info on import behaviour:

Scanning items (automatically):
ßäöü in folder names => Items within that folder are not parsed
ßäöü in file names only => umlauts are erased (Der große Graben => Der groe Graben)

Adding items manually:
Titles are preserved correctly, because XBMC pops up the naming dialogue.
However, files that were entered with their correct umlauts cannot be opened.

The movie component of XBMC doesn't have this problem, i.e. the movie "Die tödliche Maria" in a folder with the same name can be opened without problems.
(2013-05-03, 00:04)HeresJohnny Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 18:26)Angelscry Wrote: Are you under Windows or Linux operating system?

It's Windows 7 x64,
Display language: English
Codepage for non-unicode programs: German (Germany)
XBMC set to English, Default codepage

Some more info on import behaviour:

Scanning items (automatically):
ßäöü in folder names => Items within that folder are not parsed
ßäöü in file names only => umlauts are erased (Der große Graben => Der groe Graben)

Adding items manually:
Titles are preserved correctly, because XBMC pops up the naming dialogue.
However, files that were entered with their correct umlauts cannot be opened.

The movie component of XBMC doesn't have this problem, i.e. the movie "Die tödliche Maria" in a folder with the same name can be opened without problems.
I'm sorry, but I'm not able to fix this problem. It is over my knowledge... and I do not understand why it happen. Paths containing non-ascii characters are stored and send correctly to the python function starting the command line... but the python function do not recognize the path correclty. Encoding paths to the system encoding before send it to the function generate en error. More stangely this problem only occurs under Windows... and all is working correctly under Linux.

So... if someone could bring its help and take a look at the Advanced Launcher code, it will be welcome.
(2013-05-02, 22:26)firewasborn Wrote: Hey! I was trying to make a gamecenter on XBMC using Advanced Launcher and it worked pretty well until running Project64, launching with huge framedrops.
You system seems not enough powerfull to run XBMC and Project64 at the same time. Using a script to suspend/resume or close/restart XBMC could be the solution : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5 or http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6

(2013-05-02, 22:26)firewasborn Wrote: I later moved on to try with zsnes only to find out that it would start in halfscreen and no sound.
It seems that it is a ZSNES configuration problem. Try to found the right ZSNES command line to make it work correclty on your system using fr500 suggestion.

(2013-05-02, 22:26)firewasborn Wrote: I looked through this thread, reading something about making a .bat file, and continued with making a bat file like this for zsnes:

pssuspend XBMC.exe
"C:\Program Files\zsnesw\zsnesw.exe" -m -s -v 41 "%1"
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
nircmd win max process XBMC.exe
This bat file is to suspend XBMC before starting ZSNES and resume XBMC once ZSNES is closed. Concerning the command line :

Code:
"C:\Program Files\zsnesw\zsnesw.exe" -m -s -v [b]41[/b] "%1"

The choice of the 41 value is linked to the video mode (windowed/fullscreen/resolution) you are using and could be different depending the system you are using. Take a look at the zsnesw.cfg file for the list of the mode and select the one corresponding to your system.

(2013-05-02, 22:26)firewasborn Wrote: In advance launcher, I pointed to open this batch file and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
The bat script only works for File launcher (not stand alone launcher). Also take care to call this .bat script correclty.

If your launcher argument is "%rom%" the command line must be under this form :
Code:
"C:\Program Files\zsnesw\zsnesw.exe" -m -s -v [b]41[/b] %1

If your launcher argument is only %rom% the command line must be under this form :
Code:
"C:\Program Files\zsnesw\zsnesw.exe" -m -s -v [b]41[/b] "%1"

BTW, as fr500 suggest you, use a more recent updated SNES emulator than ZSNES.

(2013-05-02, 23:51)firewasborn Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 23:10)fr500 Wrote: Test your batch file by calling it manually with the rom path.

So how would I configure Retroarch to work, with the same principle as zsnes? How would the .bat file look like? Sorry for the lack of knowledge, I don't know much at all about scripting..
Here are Retroarch information to use with Advanced Launcher : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=408
(2013-05-03, 03:52)Angelscry Wrote: Here are Retroarch information to use with Advanced Launcher : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=408

I've moved on from zsnes and trying to get RetroArch to work and looked at the content on the link you sent.
The problem is, I have to define which core it should be using for each game, and I have no idea how to tell Advance Launcher
to use for example a SNES core to run a .smc game.

And also, how would a .bat file look for RetroArch if I want to suspend XBMC
when running RetroArch and on exit, resume XBMC? I know I've asked this before but with zsnes, but I'm asking again because I have no idea how to script it for either zsnes or RetroArch, I just read through the forum for the zsnes bit.
I will try to see to wrote you a small Autoit script that will launch the game with this command line.Image
(2013-05-03, 13:29)firewasborn Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 03:52)Angelscry Wrote: Here are Retroarch information to use with Advanced Launcher : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=408

I've moved on from zsnes and trying to get RetroArch to work and looked at the content on the link you sent.
The problem is, I have to define which core it should be using for each game, and I have no idea how to tell Advance Launcher
to use for example a SNES core to run a .smc game.
Under Windows, the command line to start a rom with Retroarch with a specific core (like snes9x-next) may be something like this for example :

Code:
D:/RetroArch/retroarch.exe -f -D -L libretro-git-snes9x-next-x86_64.dll "D:/RetroArch/SNES/roms/zelda.smc"

You will found a more complete list here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1381302

So... the complete command line to use into Advanced Launcher will be something like this :

Code:
D:/RetroArch/retroarch.exe -f -D -L libretro-git-snes9x-next-x86_64.dll "%rom%"

And so you will have to configure your files launcher like this :

Application : D:/RetroArch/retroarch.exe
Arguments : -f -D -L libretro-git-snes9x-next-x86_64.dll "%rom%"
File extension : smc

(2013-05-03, 13:29)firewasborn Wrote: And also, how would a .bat file look for RetroArch if I want to suspend XBMC
when running RetroArch and on exit, resume XBMC? I know I've asked this before but with zsnes, but I'm asking again because I have no idea how to script it for either zsnes or RetroArch, I just read through the forum for the zsnes bit.

The .bat scritps to suspend/resume XBMC while starting an application are most of the time based on the same struture :

Quote:pssuspend XBMC.exe
Your application command line
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

So if you want to make one for Retroarch (for example named retroarch_launcher.bat), it will look like this :

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
"D:/RetroArch/retroarch.exe" -f -D -L libretro-git-snes9x-next-x86_64.dll %1
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

And so, in this case, you will have to configure your files launcher like this :

Application : D:/RetroArch/retroarch_launcher.bat
Arguments : "%rom%"
File extension : smc

BTW, there is a lot of different ways to do it. You could also use Autoit scripts as suggested by Thom7pson if you want more controls. Advanced Launcher is just for starting a command line. So it can be used to start ALL kind of application. If you do not know how to start and application using the command line, go to ask your question on dedicated forums : RetroArch, ZSNES, etc... We can bring support how use Advanced Launcher, but not how to use all the existing applications in the world. Wink
Is it possible to use Advanced Launcher to open up a book marked Web site?

I really want to use Sirius XM on my xbmc builds, but cannot seem to find any reasonable methods for integration. This was just an idea that popped into my head.
(2013-05-03, 15:47)kevinb77 Wrote: Is it possible to use Advanced Launcher to open up a book marked Web site?

I really want to use Sirius XM on my xbmc builds, but cannot seem to find any reasonable methods for integration. This was just an idea that popped into my head.
I do not think it is possible to directly open a bookmarked webpage using the command line of an internet browser, but it is possible to use the command line to open a specific webpage,,, which give practically exactly the same result.

Here is the tutorial of a stand alone launcher : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXsq4YqAiY0
Here is the WIKI page for files launchers (if you want to open different "bookmarked" web pages) : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...b_Browsers
  • 323(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24