• 327(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2013-05-10, 02:58)jingai Wrote: It would be nice if it automatically entered the Default category if no other categories exist.
You just have to create a favourite of the Default category, then you will be able to automatically enter into it anywhere from XBMC. Undecided
BTW, your suggestion will generate a problem, because you need to be out of a category to create a new one. So... how do you will be able to create a new category if you are always stucked into the Default one? Huh
I use the context menu in Addons/Programs to configure the addon -- it won't matter what the default node is for the addon. I understand if you think this is confusing for users though.

I hadn't thought of adding it as a Favorite. That would work, for me, but I think it's rather a lot of steps for most users.

But, I still suggest that for most users, they don't need different categories. Presenting a menu when there is only one option is not exactly the best thing to do, IMHO.

edit: Also, the Metropolis skin currently only allows the Games menu item to link to addons (not favorites, etc). I don't know what other skins do, but it's something to consider.
(2013-05-10, 04:57)jingai Wrote: I use the context menu in Addons/Programs to configure the addon -- it won't matter what the default node is for the addon. I understand if you think this is confusing for users though.

I hadn't thought of adding it as a Favorite. That would work, for me, but I think it's rather a lot of steps for most users.
You have to take into account that with versions 2.x of Advanced Launcher ways to call stuff are now :
Quote:To open Advanced Launcher : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher
To open a specific category : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?category_ID
To open a specific launcher : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?category_ID/launcher_ID
To open a specific item : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?category_ID/launcher_ID/item_ID
and not anymore (version 1.x) :
Quote:To open Advanced Launcher : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher
To open a specific launcher : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?launcher_ID
To open a specific item : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?launcher_ID/item_ID
So calling Advanced Launcher like this : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher, will now display a list of categories and not anymore a list of launchers. If you want to open directly the default category, you just have to call it like this : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?default. And the way to specifically call stuff into XBMC is to use favourites, menu shortcuts based on favourites or manually modify the skin entries.

(2013-05-10, 04:57)jingai Wrote: But, I still suggest that for most users, they don't need different categories. Presenting a menu when there is only one option is not exactly the best thing to do, IMHO.
Force Advanced Launcher to start directly into one of its sub-directory (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?default) instead of its root directly (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher) did not make sens. If you want to do it like this, as explain before (using favourites, menu shortcuts or manual editing) you are free to do it.

(2013-05-10, 04:57)jingai Wrote: edit: Also, the Metropolis skin currently only allows the Games menu item to link to addons (not favorites, etc). I don't know what other skins do, but it's something to consider.
So... Metropolis skin must have to be seriously updated. Also.. skin makers and users have also to taken into account that Advanced Launcher IS NOT ONLY A GAMES ADDON. If they want to use it only for games, fine, they are totally free to do it... but they also have to take account that the add-on could be also be used for a lot of other things. So pointing as games shortcut directly Advanced Launcher root directory is not an ideal way to proceed.
(2013-05-06, 16:05)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 15:33)firewasborn Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 15:24)firewasborn Wrote: All paths and versions are already changed as stated to this.

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\RetroArch"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -f -D -L libretro-git-snes9x-next-x86_64.dll %1
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

I'm not that slow Tongue

Am I forgetting something in the code? Maybe it would work better with Autoit?
If this .bat script code works on your x86 system but not on your X64 system, so the problem do not comes from the script or from Advanced launcher (both are not system bits dependant) but for your system itself. I don't think that using an autoit script will change anything. Your problem could be related to XBMC itself or to your RetroArch setup. Does XBMC is configured the same way on your both system? For example concerning the audio settings : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1324197

It works!!

Changed the output settings in XBMC and now everything works just fine! XBMC is suspended in the background, RetroArch in fullscreen with sound and no lag. Can't understand why this would affect RetroArch with no sound if it's running outside of XBMC though, doesn't matter anyhow!

Thanks a alot Angelscry!
Version 2.0.4 : This new version of Advanced Launcher fix the ComicVine scraper. The ComicVine website and API have been updated, and so the scraper was not working anymore. It is now fixed.

Changelog :
  • Fix ComicVine scraper.
Hello,
I have been having problems with advanced launcher.
I can create the launcher fine and the PC games load fine when i click on them but when I go back and try to add the add artwork and thumbs I get the script failed error and it deletes all my categories and just leaves me with the default one and then i have create it all over again. Sometimes I will get 2-3 games loaded with artwork but then the next game will cause it to fail. Any ideas? my log is here http://pastebin.com/UBSFQzuE

Also a seperate problem but with my roms. The project 64 wont load any roms. I can add the roms to the list but when I click on it it opens up project64 fine but then it states that the rom failed to load. If i then go to file > open and run the rom then it loads perfectly but it wont load automatically when i click it from xbmc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer Smile
hello Angelscry

If I make games folder with exe file of my games, is it possible to scan folder on startup XBMC for new exe file with standalone opcion.
(2013-05-11, 10:24)kaotik123 Wrote: Hello,
I have been having problems with advanced launcher.
I can create the launcher fine and the PC games load fine when i click on them but when I go back and try to add the add artwork and thumbs I get the script failed error and it deletes all my categories and just leaves me with the default one and then i have create it all over again. Sometimes I will get 2-3 games loaded with artwork but then the next game will cause it to fail. Any ideas? my log is here http://pastebin.com/UBSFQzuE
That's a bug that randomly occurs since the Frodo release. Unfortunately, I'm not able to found the cause of this partial/complete launchers/items list wiping. If the problem occurs again, use the restore backup option into Advanced Launcher setting to recover the deleted launchers/items : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=469

(2013-05-11, 10:24)kaotik123 Wrote: Also a seperate problem but with my roms. The project 64 wont load any roms. I can add the roms to the list but when I click on it it opens up project64 fine but then it states that the rom failed to load. If i then go to file > open and run the rom then it loads perfectly but it wont load automatically when i click it from xbmc.
It sureley related to the way you start Project 64 from XBMC. Have you take a look at the related WIKI page (http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Project64)? Depending the version of Project 64 you are using the argument parameter of your launcher is not the same : %rom% or "%rom%".
(2013-05-11, 12:11)senna99 Wrote: If I make games folder with exe file of my games, is it possible to scan folder on startup XBMC for new exe file with standalone opcion.
If you want to manage different files at the same time with Advanced Launcher the only way to do it is to use a files launcher. In your specific case is could be possible to create a small .bat script :

Code:
"%1"

or

Code:
start "%1"

Then into Advanced Launcher create a files launcher pointing to this .bat script and the folder containing your .exe files using "exe" as file extension.

Now concerning the way to scan folder on startup XBMC, no, it is not possible.
Thank you very much for your response.
Anyway I happy with this version, of launcher,I respect your work.

Best Regards
If I'm only interested in using Advanced Launcher to launch a single program (Steam Big Picture Mode) is there a way I can rig it to launch it directly instead of needing to go to Advanced Launcher, into a category, then into steam?
(2013-05-11, 19:02)DJ_Izumi Wrote: If I'm only interested in using Advanced Launcher to launch a single program (Steam Big Picture Mode) is there a way I can rig it to launch it directly instead of needing to go to Advanced Launcher, into a category, then into steam?
With Advanced Launcher you can create favourites for all categories, all launchers and all items. So you just have to create a favourite of your Steam stand alone launcher and then add this favourite as a menu or submenu entry into the skin you are using. Here is an example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8edJlmG6lw
Thanks for the update, Angelscry, it hasn't gone unnoticed ;-)
Now I'm getting results from ComicVine, indeed - happy!

My brain never stops, so I'm already thinking about some finetuning, though :-)
I noticed that the scraper will not find data if the issue has a leading zero.

For example,
"100 Bullets 079" doesn't seem to finds data for this issue whereas "100 Bullets 79" does. Unfortunately, large series have to numbered with leading zeroes to be sorted in order on the PC.

Long story short: Could you remove leading zeros from the name when checking ComicVine? (I've crossposted at ComicVine)

Update:
When fanart collecting was set to "Scrapers", the script threw an error, so I'd set it to Local images. I've then set fanart collection to "None" but it still opens up a dialogue with local files to let me choose fanart. Bug?
(2013-05-11, 22:15)HeresJohnny Wrote: I noticed that the scraper will not find data if the issue has a leading zero.

For example,
"100 Bullets 079" doesn't seem to finds data for this issue whereas "100 Bullets 79" does. Unfortunately, large series have to numbered with leading zeroes to be sorted in order on the PC.

Long story short: Could you remove leading zeros from the name when checking ComicVine?
No it's not possible. Please, name your files correctly using the standard convention used by ComicVine database : [Volume] #[Issue_Number]: [Issue Title] and not a wacky convention because your operation system is not able to sort correclty filenames including numbers.

(2013-05-11, 22:15)HeresJohnny Wrote: When fanart collecting was set to "Scrapers", the script threw an error, so I'd set it to Local images. I've then set fanart collection to "None" but it still opens up a dialogue with local files to let me choose fanart. Bug?
Please post the content of your xbmc.log file after the error message occurs. It will help to understand what happen. Thanks.

Collecting method value only apply for scan... not for manual scraping.
Version 2.0.5 : This new version of Advanced Launcher fix audio problems occuring with Frodo with the AudioEngine. You will normally now be alble to start external application with sound without selecting or modifying your audio settings or without desactivating navigation sounds.

Changelog :
  • Fix AudioEngine hog (thanks to fritsch and Nortin).
  • 327(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24