• 377(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
I know quite well how to decompress a zip file. And I did all you told me to do. But one quite big diference is, that I'm running the Windows version on a Windows 8 machine. Your's is a Linux version, right? Maybe thats the problem?
I have run nightlies of XBMC for years by now, and I can asure you, I'm not inexperienced. Guess I've been what you would call a nerd for decades by now.

In any way, I did as you told me. downloaded version 2,2,6, decompressed it an copied the folder to the XBMC\addons folder. Still it returned with the "dependencies" fail, and asked if I wanted to disable the plugin. Don't know what else to say?
(2014-02-11, 19:34)Naggie21 Wrote: I know quite well how to decompress a zip file. And I did all you told me to do. But one quite big diference is, that I'm running the Windows version on a Windows 8 machine. Your's is a Linux version, right? Maybe thats the problem?
I have run nightlies of XBMC for years by now, and I can asure you, I'm not inexperienced. Guess I've been what you would call a nerd for decades by now.

In any way, I did as you told me. downloaded version 2,2,6, decompressed it an copied the folder to the XBMC\addons folder. Still it returned with the "dependencies" fail, and asked if I wanted to disable the plugin. Don't know what else to say?
Ok... Once you have decompressed ans copy/paste the new Advanced Launcher files into xbmc/addons directory, go into xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher edit the addon.xml file and replace line :

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1"/>

by

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.7"/>
Hi all,

Been trying to add local images for MAME when using the "add items" function but it never picks anything up even though my images are named the same as my rom file, is there a secret trick I don't know about?
(2014-02-12, 13:29)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 19:34)Naggie21 Wrote: I know quite well how to decompress a zip file. And I did all you told me to do. But one quite big diference is, that I'm running the Windows version on a Windows 8 machine. Your's is a Linux version, right? Maybe thats the problem?

Ok... Once you have decompressed ans copy/paste the new Advanced Launcher files into xbmc/addons directory, go into xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher edit the addon.xml file and replace line :

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1"/>

by

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.7"/>

Well, it did something. Now XBMC doesn't come up with the message any longer. But the plugin is still under deactivated addons, and I can't activate it. The activete buttom is greyed out Sad
(2014-02-12, 13:54)CrispyXUK Wrote: Hi all,

Been trying to add local images for MAME when using the "add items" function but it never picks anything up even though my images are named the same as my rom file, is there a secret trick I don't know about?

1. Check if you have indicated the right folder paths for the thumbs and fanart images into your launcher settings.
  2. Check that the thumbs and fanart collecting mode options are both set to locale images.
  3. Clear the item list
  4. Perform a new automatic scan
(2014-02-12, 17:49)Naggie21 Wrote: Well, it did something. Now XBMC doesn't come up with the message any longer. But the plugin is still under deactivated addons, and I can't activate it. The activete buttom is greyed out Sad
Welcome to XBMC!!!! Rofl Seems that Advanced Launcher add-on is under deactivated state into XBMC. I have no idea how you can reactivate it manually but you will surely have a better support from the XBMC developers themselves. I'm not responsible about the way XBMC Gotham is now restrictively "manage" add-ons. If you want a dirty solution to fix your problem :
  1. Rollback XBMC to Frodo.
  2. Install the original version (2.2.6) of Advanced Launcher.
  3. Start XBMC, and reactivate Advanced Launcher into XBMC.
  4. Close XBMC.
  5. Modify the python version of the addon.xml file to 2.7.
  6. Update XBMC to Gotham.
  7. Restart XBMC.
But... even by doing this I'm not sure you will be able to make Advanced Launcher works on your system. Something could be broken into your XBMC settings.
It's worth a try. I'll make the effort tomorrow, when I get up. Thanks for all your help so far.
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I've just recently discovered XBMC and all of it's awesomeness so please try to bear with me. For the most part everything has been going smoothly except I can't get my advanced launcher app to work like it's supposed to. I'm not sure what I've done wrong and have been reading various guides and this forum to figure it out but can't. I basically followed a popular guide on AVS forums on how to set it up.

I'm running the newest version 12 of xbmc. and Advanced launcher 2.2.6. I set up a new launcher and called it PC games. It's a Files Launcher. I made my source the folder where I put all the shortcut files which are like 10 .lnk files (my pc games). For application I chose the following path C:\Windows\explorer.exe. For arguments I left it as %rom%. For item path it's my folder with the shortcuts i.e D:\Games\PC Games. The item extension is .lnk, And i chose the thumb and fanarts paths as 2 folders I put in my PC games folder ie. D:\Games\PC Games\Thumb.

My problem first off is it's not picking up any of the shortcuts on its own. When I right click and say add items then choose scan for new items nothing is coming up. The only way to add anything is manually searching through the folder and adding it.

Furthermore once I manually add it only some of the info is getting scraped properly. I have to mostly manually do it all and even then the thumbs or fanart are not coming properly at times. I've made sure my scraper settings are correct under the add on etc. They're on automatic, collecting method is scrapers, Recursive scan is on. Import mode auto, Source is TheGamesDB. Also have tried different sources.

I've tried small little things here and there to try and get it to work with no avail. If someone could please help me on what to do with this it would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more info let me know. Sorry for the long post and thanks a lot.
(2014-02-13, 13:50)LoveXBMC Wrote: My problem first off is it's not picking up any of the shortcuts on its own. When I right click and say add items then choose scan for new items nothing is coming up. The only way to add anything is manually searching through the folder and adding it.
You must have done something wrong into your launcher setup. Please post here the content of the launchers.xml file (using pastebin service), so I will be able to see what could be wrong.

(2014-02-13, 13:50)LoveXBMC Wrote: Furthermore once I manually add it only some of the info is getting scraped properly. I have to mostly manually do it all and even then the thumbs or fanart are not coming properly at times. I've made sure my scraper settings are correct under the add on etc. They're on automatic, collecting method is scrapers, Recursive scan is on. Import mode auto, Source is TheGamesDB. Also have tried different sources.
Scraping accuracy depends of the filename of your .lnk file (more it will be closer to the official game name better will be the scraping accuracy) and how complete is the WEB sources database (AllGame, TheGamesDB, etc...). If the WEB sources database, do not have the game you're searching or if it's description is incomplete, the scraping accuracy will not be good. Also.. do not expect to have a 100% scraping accuracy. That's impossible!!!! Automatic scanning is the faster way to scrape data, but also the less accuracy. Manual, mode is the longest one... but you will be able to have exactly what you want. On the over side you have the semi-automatic mode which is the mix between the automatic and the manual mode. This is this mode that I generally strongly suggest to use instead of the automatic mode.
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. I can't seem to find the launcher .xml file when I look through my xbmc folder or the backup. I found this one in my backup but I'm pretty sure it's not what you need.<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=Kvm42Cty"></script>. Thanks for the help.
(2014-02-13, 23:58)LoveXBMC Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. I can't seem to find the launcher .xml file when I look through my xbmc folder or the backup. I found this one in my backup but I'm pretty sure it's not what you need.<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=Kvm42Cty"></script>. Thanks for the help.
The launchers.xml file must be into : %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher
(2014-02-14, 02:24)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-02-13, 23:58)LoveXBMC Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. I can't seem to find the launcher .xml file when I look through my xbmc folder or the backup. I found this one in my backup but I'm pretty sure it's not what you need.<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=Kvm42Cty"></script>. Thanks for the help.
The launchers.xml file must be into : %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher

Great thanks for that. So here's the file. Let me know where I messed up plz Smile
<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=QXxCA9WQ"></script>
(2014-02-14, 10:39)LoveXBMC Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 02:24)Angelscry Wrote:

Great thanks for that. So here's the file. Let me know where I messed up plz Smile
<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=QXxCA9WQ"></script>
File extension is lnk not .lnk.
This error message fix for Gotham doesn't work on my machine, I have 2.2.6 installed and I changed the code but it still comes up with the error message. Has anyone had any luck with this?
(2014-02-09, 17:48)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 11:46)codepony Wrote: Is anyone else having trouble with the ComicVine scraper? No matter how I name files, I still get "no data found" errors. I have tried with XBMC 12 and 13, even tried a clean install, same results.
The problem seems to be related to the ComicVine API (http://www.comicvine.com/forums/api-deve...1534133/#2) which return 102 error message when making queries on volume of issues. And so it totally affects the Advanced Launcher scrapper.

Okay, good to know it's not just me. I fixed _get_game_data() to grab the required info, then I decided to recode the _get_games_list() to use the API... I didn't realize why you were scraping the search listings until I started testing my code XD Oh well, I learned a bit of Python in the process Smile
  • 377(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24