• 19(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Pinhead Wrote:I am using XBMC RC2 and Mame 140.

I tested my copy of Mame by creating a shortcut to the app and adding a "-listfull" argument. When running the shortcut the terminal pops up and prints a list of games. I other words, listfull works as an argument with my version of Mame.

Also, regarding the "remove" button; proof that Im not going crazy:

I'm using the same versions of XBMC and MAME as you under windows. The only difference is that you are under Vista 64 and I'm under Windows 7 64-bits. But I don't think this problem is related to the windows version.

Could you give me the result of the command :
Code:
mame -listfull mslug

Normally you wil have exactly this :
Code:
Name:             Description:
mslug             "Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001"

For the Remove option, ok I have found the problem. I think we are limited by the number of options we could display under XBMC. Under windows you have an additional option "Toggle Wait State" that hide the "Remove". That's not a really good news, beacause that's mean that we will be limited into the number of displayed option. I will try to shorten the menu list for the next version : mix both search option into ony one and move the Toggle Wait State" option into the launcher Edit option.

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, Mame does return: mslug "Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001".
falafael Wrote:is there a simpletons manual for this plugin, i really am bit stuck on this plugin, would love to get it how pinheads got it, i have a stack of roms, but am just a bit lost with this plugin....Thanks!
No manual yet. The Advanced Launcher is not yet finished or stable. So it is not actually my priority, but I will add it to my todo list. Maybe someone else will have time to make one. Sorry.
Pinhead Wrote:Yes, Mame does return: mslug "Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001".
Is it also returning the "Name: Description:" line? Could you please copy/paste the exact returned info (using the forum code tag)? Could be just some differences like TAB, white space number, quotes, string format, that create the error. Thank you.
Angelscry Wrote:Is it also returning the "Name: Description:" line? Could you please copy/paste the exact returned info (using the forum code tag)? Could be just some differences like TAB, white space number, quotes, string format, that create the error. Thank you.

Here is a a copy/paste of the terminal window.

Code:
Pinhead Wrote:Here is a a copy/paste of the terminal window.

Code:
Ok thank you. It return the same string, but cannot use it...Eek I will investigate into this. The subprocess.Popen command seems not working the same way depending the system used. I have to found the cause : different locales, different characters encoding, different OS interpretation...
Angelscry Wrote:Yes, the Advanced Launcher support filenames and paths with spaces. But I'm not sure Nestopia and Project64 support them.

They do if I put some quotes around the whole path+filename

So I was assuming that the launcher does not use quotes?

Same issue with ZSNES, SNES9x.. I can duplicate the error I see by running from command line, then I simply put some quotes on and it works

eg.
Produces error:
nestopia smb:\\Games\Emulator\NES\ROMS\Final Fantasy (U).nes

Runs fine:
nestopia "smb:\\Games\Emulator\NES\ROMS\Final Fantasy (U).nes"
or
nestopia smb:\\Games\Emulator\NES\ROMS\FinalFantasy(U).nes
Sorry one more item I noticed - along with not being able to remove a launcher which I see you just spotted the problem

When I edit a launcher, why can't I edit ALL of the properties that come with it? Eg. location of fanart, thumbs, roms etc? I made some mistakes while playing around and couldn't easily change all of the launchers properties
Eldorado Wrote:They do if I put some quotes around the whole path+filename

So I was assuming that the launcher does not use quotes?

Same issue with ZSNES, SNES9x.. I can duplicate the error I see by running from command line, then I simply put some quotes on and it works

eg.
Produces error:
nestopia smb:\\Games\Emulator\NES\ROMS\Final Fantasy (U).nes

Runs fine:
nestopia "smb:\\Games\Emulator\NES\ROMS\Final Fantasy (U).nes"
or
nestopia smb:\\Games\Emulator\NES\ROMS\FinalFantasy(U).nes
I clearly understand your problem, but the Advanced launcher use quotes for all the paths (application path and roms path) :
Code:
if (sys.platform == 'win32'):
                        if (launcher["wait"] == "true"):
                            cmd = "System.ExecWait"
                        else:
                            cmd = "System.Exec"
                        xbmc.executebuiltin("%s(\\\"%s\\\" %s \\\"%s\\\")" % (cmd, launcher["application"], launcher["args"], rom["filename"]))
                    elif (sys.platform.startswith('linux')):
                        #this minimizes xbmc some apps seems to need it
                        xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
                        os.system("\"%s\" %s \"%s\"" % (launcher["application"], launcher["args"], rom["filename"]))
                        #this brings xbmc back
                        xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
                    elif (sys.platform.startswith('darwin')):
                        os.system("\"%s\" %s \"%s\"" % (launcher["application"], launcher["args"], rom["filename"]))
So that's not the problem. Could you please post here the content of your launchers.xml file? Thank you.
Eldorado Wrote:Sorry one more item I noticed - along with not being able to remove a launcher which I see you just spotted the problem

When I edit a launcher, why can't I edit ALL of the properties that come with it? Eg. location of fanart, thumbs, roms etc? I made some mistakes while playing around and couldn't easily change all of the launchers properties
Yes I will try to fix the "remove option" as soon as possible. After creation of a launcher you cannot change any of the paths. Imagine you already have defined those paths and scan for some roms and scraped some thumbs and fanarts. If you decide to change the paths, tha'ts mean that you have to relocate all your already scanned roms and saved images. It will start to be difficult to manage all this. The simplest way is to remove and recreate the launcher.
fwiw, I also can't launch roms with Project64 1.6, but rom launching does work with the 1.7 beta

edit: pj64 1.6 apparently does not work if you pass it quotation marks around the path, since the plugin is always appending quotes I don't see it working unless an option to disable them is added
i have been playing around with part of your code outside of xbmc. just trying to get a feel for how Popen works... its almost like its going to fast to grab the variables or something..

here's the code i was playing with. just does a list of all roms in mame directory then takes it through a loop to try to get the rom full names..
Have not gotten it to work properly.

Quote:import os
import re
import subprocess
lsprocess=subprocess.Popen('ls -1 /home/john/.mame/roms/',shell=True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE, stdin=subprocess.PIPE)
filenames=lsprocess.stdout.read()
filename=re.findall('(.+?).zip',filenames)

for index1 in range(len(filename)):
file=filename[index1]
file=file.strip()
file='/usr/games/mame','-listxml '
process = subprocess.Popen(file)
name= process.stdout.read()
print 'return code:'+ name
name2=re.findall('<description>(.+?)</description>',name)
print name2
jpreville Wrote:i have been playing around with part of your code outside of xbmc. just trying to get a feel for how Popen works... its almost like its going to fast to grab the variables or something..

here's the code i was playing with. just does a list of all roms in mame directory then takes it through a loop to try to get the rom full names..
Ok. thank you jpreville for your tests. It was really strange that the Popen command works but not on all systems. I was try to found around the web explanation but nothing. I will try to see if I cannot found an alternative to the Popen command. We could try to create a temporary file to store the information... but it is not proper as the Popen command. Again something to add on my todo list... Confused My problem is that I not able to recreate the error conditions on my computer....
jpreville Wrote:i have been playing around with part of your code outside of xbmc. just trying to get a feel for how Popen works... its almost like its going to fast to grab the variables or something..

It it is to fast, maybe we can add :
Quote:....
file='/usr/games/mame','-listxml '
process = subprocess.Popen(file)
process.wait()
name= process.stdout.read()
print 'return code:'+ name
You can maybe also try to use the communicate() function that manage the Popen process.
Jurai Wrote:edit: pj64 1.6 apparently does not work if you pass it quotation marks around the path, since the plugin is always appending quotes I don't see it working unless an option to disable them is added
But... if you do not use quotation, paths with white spaces will not working. No ? Huh
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24