User TEST appeal - Asrock ION XBMCLive dharma RC2
ya vlc mplayer are the onesI tried and it works gret, I updated my main post with that info.

Like I said previously based on number of ppl with XMClive rc2 OFFICIAL and no amps only uxing hdmi/HDMI thers quite a few which failed sma e way.

It would be great to be able to afford a new sound system which support optical/spdif but I invested my savings in snow tyres, I live in south east UK and it grinds to halt.

The resample thing was a bit garbled stated like it wanted to play sound then it went off.

I have now compiled from svn just cause there was another bug which was fixed, but this one remains for time being.

Th Asrock ION has 7.1 analog speaker connections I tried the green output (most popular) and analog plays this ok.

Problem then is even though I have a crap fake 5.1 system which turns stereo input and processes it for 5 speakers and the sub, with all files found is acceptable. It takes 5.1 rca type plug input for analog 5.1 or like Im using the switch to 2.1 and use front and left which the system then fake processes to all speakers.
I cant remember if I explained (im so darned tired now) Reason why I have to use it like this is otherwise all the other audio stuff im stuffed, so in order to conncte all things I have to compromise. Its all I cn afford Sad

Asrock HDMI output to Samsung LEA32656(Ithink thats model) HDMI then out from stereo 3.5 jack to 2 rca plugs which then gets connected to reprocessed.

even if I only use TV in HDMI I still get no soundfor this god forsaken file.
sorry, I don't understand

have you tried

<resample>48000</resample>

or not ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
ya, sorry I wasnt more specific.

The resample thing was a bit garbled started like it wanted to play kinda garbled sound which soon disapeared when video showed up.. so maybe 1 sec of grabled stuff Sad... Sorry bug Im knackered now, Ill try to read about what that does in wiki.

BTW I think you enhacement was a good suggestion on trac.
also try this trick with asoundrc
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=653248&postcount=1
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Had the same issue with HDMI audio but easily fixed it. SSH in, run alsamixer, press right arrow all the way over to S/PDIF 1, then press 'm' to unmute it if it is muted (MM). Should turn to a green infinity symbol. Press escape and you should be good.

Let me know if that works for anyone else. Not sure why it was suddenly muted with the upgrade to rc2.

Also, thanks X3lectric for the .26 kernel infrared driver instructions. Got my system working perfectly with RC2.
X3lectric Wrote:@ Gryph

What machine do you have?
Also are you using maverick minimal install with xbmclive ontop?

your Passthrough: iec958 on the asrock ION this is spdif which I cannot use since I dont have a compatible audio syatem.

I have a custom built machine, which uses a gigabyte 'thingo' mobo, AMD Phenom II X2 550 & NV 9500GT - I use this because I do other things on it in the background.

Yes, this is a minimal maverick install (barebones x64 server), I compile xbmc but use live grub boot (as I found the .bash_profile way a little too messy for my liking)

I do know that the iec958 is via spdif, I have to jumper the a header pin from the mobo to the gpu, but that's how I can only get the audio out via hdmi.

I have another mobo combo I can use, which has an onboard 7 series GPU and last time I used it I had the option for straight hdmi audio, I can test doing an install with that machine when I get the time, but that'll be a complete fresh install.

If this is giving you so much grief trying to work it out, what about a simple interim approach, as you're just going straight out from the TV output from the 3.5mm jack into RCAs into your stereo, have you thought of using the analogue audio out from the asrock instead?

Or what about using the SPDIF > RCA converter?
http://www.svideo.com/digitalanalog.html
@ Gryph

I looked at those but all my other stuff all plugged in to same sound sytem , wil need connecting when I need using it.

btw Gryph would you mind posting a step by step how to install maverick mini and xbmc and getting it all to work? Obviously if yu dont mind use another thread,and be as detailed as possible.

thx again. Looks like Im stuck with the converted files, since Im ot the only one experiencing this problem via HDMI without fancy amps or a/v/ receivers.
X3lectric Wrote:@ Gryph

I looked at those but all my other stuff all plugged in to same sound sytem , wil need connecting when I need using it.

btw Gryph would you mind posting a step by step how to install maverick mini and xbmc and getting it all to work? Obviously if yu dont mind use another thread,and be as detailed as possible.

thx again. Looks like Im stuck with the converted files, since Im ot the only one experiencing this problem via HDMI without fancy amps or a/v/ receivers.

I'll see what I can do this weekend, time permitting of course, coming into the silly season at the moment and all that hoohaa, and have a few essays due for my studies (and honestly who in their right mind would make one due at 5pm on New Years Eve - Like they'll really check that), when I do get onto it I will put together a step by step guide for it.
cheers mate

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User TEST appeal - Asrock ION XBMCLive dharma RC20