[Live] No navigation sounds and movies no longer available after resume from sleep
Acer Aspire Revo 3610
Installed Dharma RC1 fresh on the internal HDD, upgraded to Dharma RC2
Streaming from a NAS over a Gigabit lan

Everything else is working well... except this. When I wake my PC from sleep, my navigation sounds no longer work (I have a modified .asoundrc file as per this post), and if I choose a TV show, or movie out of my library to watch, it tells me that the movie is no longer available and asks if I want to remove it from the library. If I tell it no, and select the movie again, it plays.

For the unavailable movie issue, I could understand if it took XBMC a while to mount the SMB share to the NAS, but I could wake the PC and let it sit for an hour, and then choose the movie, and it would give me the same error. It's as if unsuccessfully choosing the movie causes it to mount the share and then it works from there.

This also seems to be correlated to the amount of time the PC was sleeping. If I were to reboot, everything is great. I have my nav sounds, and when I choose a movie in my library to play, it starts immediately. If I put it to sleep, and then wake it back up quickly, it doesn't seem to have the issues either. Only when it's been asleep overnight or more do I run into problems.

Anyone have some ideas that could help me out?
Bump...

I've done a fresh install of Dharma 10.0 stable release and have the same problems. Now that I've observed it a while longer, I can add a bit more information to my past post if it helps.

The disappearing menu sounds and samba connection seem to always happen at the same time. After being rebooted, everything may work fine for a few days (being put to sleep overnight), but then I'll wake it up, and have no menu sounds (all other sounds are ok).

If I choose a video to play, it tells me the video is no longer available. If I do it again, it plays correctly. If I try to update my video library first thing after resuming, it runs through and finds nothing new (it should). If I run it again immediately after, it properly finds the new videos. My NAS doesn't sleep or spin down. It also doesn't seem to matter how long after resuming I try to play a video or update my library (ruling out a slow connection to samba). Again, if I reboot, everything is fine for 2 or 3 more days.

Is there anything I could check or commands I could use to see what's changing with the sound, or the samba connection? Any help would be great. Everything else works flawlessly.

Thanks.
Can anyone help? Are there any commands I can use, or things I can check to figure this out?
The problem of the disappearing nav sounds is solved!

I ran into another post that pointed me in the right direction. There is apparently a bug that causes the nav sounds to go silent after a video with an AC3 or DTS soundtrack is paused. The trick around it is to replace the pause command in the remote.xml and keyboard.xml files with play. It still works the same, but now the sounds don't hide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] No navigation sounds and movies no longer available after resume from sleep0