Web Site Download Page
I have been looking around at the install instructions, clicking a few links and reading some forum threads about users who are having issues installing and have a few comments/suggestions.
The download page should (I believe) be restructured/standardized:

Currently it has the following behavior:
The Windows and Live links begin downloading files with no instructions or links to the "Getting Started" Wiki page
OSX links to a SourceForge page where you must select your Processor Architecture (also no instructions or link to the wiki)
Linux links to the Generic Linux install wiki page (which does link to "Getting Started")
Apple TV links to the Apple TV install wiki

In my opinion this is what it should be:
The first thing a new user should see upon entering the "Get XBMC" page is a link to the "Getting Started" wiki. Additionally I think that a separate link should be included for Ubuntu and any other Supported Linux Distributions. This could help clear up any confusion there.
All the links should take users to a Platform Specific Install Wiki page, which should also all link to the "Getting Started" page.

I don't have much experience with Web design so I could be off base or breaking some design mantra, but I think this would help.

Edit: Actually I haven't seen a single link to the "Getting Started" Page on the main page. Also of course the download page should ahve a general link to the Online Manual.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Site Download Page0