[MAC] Manually install skins not listed in XBMC 10.0 (Dharma) official addons repo?
Question 
I cannot seem to install any skins manually. I've tried several (Aeon, MediaStreamer, Focus, etc). I've searched around several sites for a couple days now and have not found a solution to my problem.

Common advice I have received is to either copy the file to ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/<skin_name> or /Applications/XBMC/Contents/MacOS/Resources/addons/skin.<skin_name>

However, when I launch XBMC and go to System/Appearance/Skin, I can only select the default skin. I can install the default provided skins with the Get More button, but these are the only ones I can seem to install.

My XBMC version is the nightly:
XBMC PRE-10.5 r35383M (Dec 11, 2010)

My version of Aeon is the DJH Nightly.

I'm not sure why this does not work at all. Everything I have been reading and researching is telling me it should be.

I hope someone here can help me.

Thanks.
After posting this I came across another post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=646...tcount=176

I'll try this, but if it fails, I'm doomed to continue using Confluence, as the rest of the default skins are uglier (IMO). The time I have wasted so far really is not worth it.

I'll let you know how it works out.
That worked. It's really hard, from a first-time user perspective, to learn to install these skins (especially with so many different versions). It's a huge barrier to getting people to use your skins. The documentation on the wiki needs to reflect the linked comment. Also, I think the comment itself should be stickied somewhere.

Anyway, thanks.
With Dharma, you simply click on Aeon in the addons manager and it's installed for you.

Similarly you can install from zip from inside the app.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had a very quick look at Dharma today(looks awesome) but couldn't see Aeon under the 'Skin' directory in the add-ons section...?
Its not you will need to go to the aeon forum and find aeon65 or aeon-mq2 (dharma versions) then download them and select "install from zip" in the addons menu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Manually install skins not listed in XBMC 10.0 (Dharma) official addons repo?0