Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 224(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2013-12-13, 12:49)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Hi, I would use Cinema EX like this...hope, somebody could give me brief helf, cause for me the descriptions here are much complicated

I already installed Cinema EX in my skin.
What I have to do now?
Questions:

- My Movie DB is not based on folders for each single Movie >>> is this a problem? Will Cinema EX not work with single Movie file structure?
Otherwise I must reorganize my whole DB complete new incl. manual scraping for own genre/rating settings.
It should not matter, as long as you do have a Movie Library in XBMC(scanned in). The script only sends back database information to XBMC regarding the movie that is requested.

Quote:- I would use Cinema EX like: "first start a own defined THX, DTS or Dolby-Trailer and afterwards start the movie"
Is this manually defined for each single movie?
What would be the settings in the Addon Configuration?

If you want only to play your own intros, no automatic audio, you would need to set the Feature Presentation Intro and Feature Presentation Outro sections of the script. Just point them to the file/folder you want to play from.

Quote:- In order to start in my example 1. defined DTS/THX/Dolby Trailer and 2. start the movie:
Where I have to start this sequence? Under Movie Info "CinemaEX"?
If yes: Is there another easier way in order to start "as normal" a movie in XBMC an the describted sequence would automatic happen?
(family friendly :-) )

There is an option in the settings that allows you to override the play button. Once you change the setting and click ok, you will need to restart XBMC as it changes how the service part of the script runs.

(2013-12-14, 14:24)limitao Wrote: Hi,

So far I'm loving CE. The only concern I got is that I'm not able to got CE to play trailers of the movies I've in my movie collection. I understand that Apple trailers addon just play trailers from recent/popular movies. I don't know if there's a workaround or if I must use a plugin that scan my collection and download the trailers to a local folder, and then I setup CE accordingly. Any suggestions?

The script offers a method in to play the trailers from your movie library. By selecting the 'XBMC Movie Library' trailer scraper in the trailer settings, you can play the trailers from your library. Even only play ones for non-watched movies.
@giftie
Thank you very much for all these information!

I will have a look and try on it....hope to get it run,
(2013-12-15, 05:53)giftie Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 12:49)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Hi, I would use Cinema EX like this...hope, somebody could give me brief helf, cause for me the descriptions here are much complicated

I already installed Cinema EX in my skin.
What I have to do now?
Questions:

- My Movie DB is not based on folders for each single Movie >>> is this a problem? Will Cinema EX not work with single Movie file structure?
Otherwise I must reorganize my whole DB complete new incl. manual scraping for own genre/rating settings.
It should not matter, as long as you do have a Movie Library in XBMC(scanned in). The script only sends back database information to XBMC regarding the movie that is requested.

Quote:- I would use Cinema EX like: "first start a own defined THX, DTS or Dolby-Trailer and afterwards start the movie"
Is this manually defined for each single movie?
What would be the settings in the Addon Configuration?

If you want only to play your own intros, no automatic audio, you would need to set the Feature Presentation Intro and Feature Presentation Outro sections of the script. Just point them to the file/folder you want to play from.

Quote:- In order to start in my example 1. defined DTS/THX/Dolby Trailer and 2. start the movie:
Where I have to start this sequence? Under Movie Info "CinemaEX"?
If yes: Is there another easier way in order to start "as normal" a movie in XBMC an the describted sequence would automatic happen?
(family friendly :-) )

There is an option in the settings that allows you to override the play button. Once you change the setting and click ok, you will need to restart XBMC as it changes how the service part of the script runs.

(2013-12-14, 14:24)limitao Wrote: Hi,

So far I'm loving CE. The only concern I got is that I'm not able to got CE to play trailers of the movies I've in my movie collection. I understand that Apple trailers addon just play trailers from recent/popular movies. I don't know if there's a workaround or if I must use a plugin that scan my collection and download the trailers to a local folder, and then I setup CE accordingly. Any suggestions?

The script offers a method in to play the trailers from your movie library. By selecting the 'XBMC Movie Library' trailer scraper in the trailer settings, you can play the trailers from your library. Even only play ones for non-watched movies.

But it's via streaming, I need to have the trailers already dowloaded in my HD, right? And by download I mean manually download
Finally managed to get Cinema Experience like i want it but for some reason i can't get (Apple) trailers being streamed (Apple Itunes Trailer addon), am i'm using the wrong add-on?
Ok....i know this probably is a stupid question but i am gonna ask it anyway Smile.

is such a thing also possible with tv shows ??
i ask this because i watch a lot of tv shows through XBMC and therefore have less time to watch a movie but i like this A LOT.

Thanks in advance
(2013-12-15, 12:16)limitao Wrote: But it's via streaming, I need to have the trailers already dowloaded in my HD, right? And by download I mean manually download

It will only stream the trailers from your library if the trailer that is listed in XBMC's Movie Library is a stream. As long as the trailer path in XBMC's Movie Library is a local path it will play that file.

(2013-12-15, 18:12)schumi2004 Wrote: Finally managed to get Cinema Experience like i want it but for some reason i can't get (Apple) trailers being streamed (Apple Itunes Trailer addon), am i'm using the wrong add-on?

Cinema Experience used to use AMT(Apple Movie Trailers), actually just the database that the addon would create, to have trailers. That addon has not been updated for a long while and I don't thinks it still works.
After a long wait I have a special treat for the daring... I have a test version available for the next release.. There has been a lot of changes therefore requires more than just me testing... I have both Frodo and Gotham versions available.

Couple of things....

You will need to enter the settings and at the very least click the OK button to update the settings.. The major addition is the ability to have 3D Intros/Outros and 3D Trailers(these need to be stored in a folder and are separate from the standard trailers - just like at the Theatre)

Frodo Version - https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=61...ile%2c.zip

Gotham Version - https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=61...ile%2c.zip

Edit....

Seems like Skydrive wants to show both.. The Frodo Version is version 3.0.7 and Gotham is 4.0.7.
I have Gotham Alpha 9 and it says it can't install the addon.

Sorry "addon does not have the correct structure"
@giftie, thanks for new versions, work perfect here, using latest gotham (alpha 11) with aeon mq5.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2013-12-20, 04:39)Wanilton Wrote: @giftie, thanks for new versions, work perfect here, using latest gotham (alpha 11) with aeon mq5.

Did you just simply install the addon from zip and overwrite the existing one? Or am I missing something?
It might have something to do with the fact your using a much older version of Gotham. They made changes that affect add-ons. Try the Frodo version, it still runs on Gotham.
Thank you, I will try that. I am skeptical about going to Gotham 11 because on the system I did upgrade, I get an alert every 5 seconds that almost every addon needs to be disabled, and it's really annoying! lol
Exactly what Made me revert back to alpha 6.. If anyone has any pointers or tips to actually get rid of these notices and get the addons working then I'd be a happy bunny , otherwise will be trying frodo version with alpha 6.
(2013-12-20, 14:56)shaktoo Wrote: Exactly what Made me revert back to alpha 6.. If anyone has any pointers or tips to actually get rid of these notices and get the addons working then I'd be a happy bunny , otherwise will be trying frodo version with alpha 6.

It's caused by one of the unofficial repo's that you have installed.. I removed all but ones I really use and the warnings disappeared.
(2013-12-20, 16:23)giftie Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 14:56)shaktoo Wrote: Exactly what Made me revert back to alpha 6.. If anyone has any pointers or tips to actually get rid of these notices and get the addons working then I'd be a happy bunny , otherwise will be trying frodo version with alpha 6.

It's caused by one of the unofficial repo's that you have installed.. I removed all but ones I really use and the warnings disappeared.

Mine aren't unofficial repos. They are PTV, ACE skin MQ5 skin, and a few other official addons.
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24