Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 177(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
The "Aeon Nox" skin isn't listed on the CE first page as a compatible skin, but on the AN forum page CE is listed as compatible. Shall I assume that the CE first page simply hasn't been updated?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Wink 
great plugin, i am enjoying it immensely. off topic question, how do you automate downloading trailers to a local folder from hd-trailers (or anything else) i have been scouring the forums looking for something, even started searching for RSS auto downloaders which didnt work out. I dont want to have to manually download trailers each week. cheers!
Well looks like I got this phenomenal add-in working! Wow, it definitely sets the bar for the cool factor! Nice job and thank you!

Now I'm left with two questions:

1) I followed the recommended folder structure, but it skips a few.

What about THX and Studio files?

Is it as simple as creating a THX and a Studios folder (case sensitive)?

2) Also what is "Home Automation"?

Ken
(2012-12-17, 10:38)CaptainKen Wrote: 2) Also what is "Home Automation"?

stuff like turning the lights down/off as the movie starts.
(2012-12-17, 10:38)CaptainKen Wrote: Well looks like I got this phenomenal add-in working! Wow, it definitely sets the bar for the cool factor! Nice job and thank you!

THX Audio files normally go into the Others category for Audio. Studios would be something that would need to be added to the script. This would be a good addition as well.
Quote:2) Also what is "Home Automation"?

Ken

As furnace had responded, it is for controlling lighting and such. There are a few YouTube videos out there that show off what some have done.
(2012-12-18, 03:21)giftie Wrote:
(2012-12-17, 10:38)CaptainKen Wrote: Well looks like I got this phenomenal add-in working! Wow, it definitely sets the bar for the cool factor! Nice job and thank you!

THX Audio files normally go into the Others category for Audio. Studios would be something that would need to be added to the script. This would be a good addition as well.

Ken
As furnace had responded, it is for controlling lighting and such. There are a few YouTube videos out there that show off what some have done.

I figured that's where they should go, but for a prominent standard like THX it seemed very odd not to have it's own folder. The same with Studios.

Thank you for clearing this up Furnace and Giftie!
In my experience audio files in the OTHER folder are never played. Usually the .mkv is either DTS or Dolby. So how can I trigger a THX file in the OTHER folder? I quess there is currently no place for THX files, maybe they could be played pre/post audio format?
(2012-12-18, 08:41)moravec Wrote: In my experience audio files in the OTHER folder are never played. Usually the .mkv is either DTS or Dolby. So how can I trigger a THX file in the OTHER folder? I quess there is currently no place for THX files, maybe they could be played pre/post audio format?

Hi moravec, the Other audio format is used when the source is not AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS, Dolby Master Audio, or DTS HD. e.g. mp3/aac/flac/ogg...etc. I understand that you want to have both the Audio format bumper, and a THX bumper...however, that is not available at this time.

If you just want the THX bumpers, then duplicate (or symbolicly link if in Linux/Mac) the THX video files into all of the Audio format folders, CE will still only play one from the folder referencing the audio format of the source.
How to provide a Kodi log - debug log (wiki)

HTPC SETUP: Zotac ZBOX-ID41-PLUS-U | Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz Dual-Core | 2GB RAM | NVIDIA® ION™ (w/512MB DDR3 memory) | 128G Plextor M5P Series PX-128M5Pro 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC SSD
THX is not an audio format, nor is it a "studio" (arguably)

THX is a standards company who set guidelines for ways that audio and video hardware and environments should react.

I do not believe there is a THX flag for any sort of media content, because all "THX" means during a movie intro is that the novie was mixed to THX reference standards. However, I do have a thx logo that I play as part of the theater intro, because the THX Deep Note is badass.

(2012-12-21, 03:27)JCole Wrote: However, I do have a thx logo that I play as part of the theater intro, because the THX Deep Note is badass.

Had a laugh at that. Because I do it for the same reason Big Grin
sorry i dont had enought time to read all the 89 pages...

heres my question:

- is it or would it be possible that the plugin always plays the newest trailers (number of trailers configurable) from trailers.apple.com?

cu
(2012-12-21, 03:27)JCole Wrote: THX is not an audio format, nor is it a "studio" (arguably)

THX is a standards company who set guidelines for ways that audio and video hardware and environments should react.

I wonder who needed this explained. Big Grin

(2012-12-21, 03:27)JCole Wrote: However, I do have a thx logo that I play as part of the theater intro, because the THX Deep Note is badass.

Same here.
How to provide a Kodi log - debug log (wiki)

HTPC SETUP: Zotac ZBOX-ID41-PLUS-U | Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz Dual-Core | 2GB RAM | NVIDIA® ION™ (w/512MB DDR3 memory) | 128G Plextor M5P Series PX-128M5Pro 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC SSD
(2012-12-21, 03:27)JCole Wrote: THX is not an audio format
Very correct, a very expensive standard Smile This is remenants of the original script when there was not a lot of options for audio(XBox Days) Smile It was used to give people a 'audio' intro.
Quote:I do not believe there is a THX flag for any sort of media content, because all "THX" means during a movie intro is that the novie was mixed to THX reference standards. However, I do have a thx logo that I play as part of the theater intro, because the THX Deep Note is badass.

I was thinking about adding a few 'generic' intro settings to give users that they would be able to put what ever they wanted to play every time(cartoons, etc.)

But first to get it Frodo ready.
(2012-12-21, 06:04)tesona1977 Wrote: sorry i dont had enought time to read all the 89 pages...

heres my question:

- is it or would it be possible that the plugin always plays the newest trailers (number of trailers configurable) from trailers.apple.com?

The script already streams(and downloads) the newest trailers. This is still based on what Apple supplies. They don't often share nicely.
(2012-12-18, 08:33)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 03:21)giftie Wrote:

Ken

I figured that's where they should go, but for a prominent standard like THX it seemed very odd not to have it's own folder. The same with Studios.
No one had, or has Studio intros available. If you know where to get them please post, and I will add the option to Cinema Experience.
Quote:Thank you for clearing this up Furnace and Giftie!
No problem, happy to help out.

(2012-12-18, 03:21)giftie Wrote: No one had, or has Studio intros available. If you know where to get them please post, and I will add the option to Cinema Experience.

studio intros and trailer site
There you go, has a lot of the studio intros in the top section
(2012-12-21, 22:13)blackoper Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 03:21)giftie Wrote: No one had, or has Studio intros available. If you know where to get them please post, and I will add the option to Cinema Experience.

studio intros and trailer site
There you go, has a lot of the studio intros in the top section

Seconding this. The site has TONS of THX, DTS, Dolby intros, plus studios etc.

I question why anyone would need studio intros though. Seems like every dvd and bluray rip I have already has the studio intros encoded into the film itself.
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24