Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 195(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Ok, I finally got CE setup on my laptop with 12.1 Frodo and working well. However, after searching I can't seem to find anything that spells out whether or not I can CE to trigger when I play DVD/Bluray. Searching through the settings I didn't see anything jump out at me, but I'm fairly new to it on PC. I was an actual Xbox XBMC user for years. I see where ripping iso's works, but I have a collection of over 500 movies and Tv series and there's no way to store than many digitally in HD that's cost effective for me. Anyways if anyone has an answer or a direction I should look let me know.
I've been using the new Couchpotato add-on which integrates with HD Trailers and Apple trailers to allow you to directly add a movie to the Couchpotato wanted list while watching trailers. Would it be possible to integrate Cinema Experience as well? I always end up adding new movies when I watch trailers and it would be fantastic if I could do that with this script as well.
Wow, 292 pages of content to sift through. That's crazy! I have browsed and done some searching but so far I've not been able to find the answers I seek so forgive me if they've already been responded to in here.

First, I'm trying to determine if there's a method of increasing items in the CE script. I'm looking for a play-back sequence as follows;

1. Trivia Intro Video(s)
2. Slides w/ music playlist
3. Trivia Outro Video(s)
4. Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
5. Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
7. Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)

A. Theater Promo Video (Let's all go to the Lobby, etc)
B. Cartoon Short Intro Video
C. Cartoon Short

8. Feature Presentation Intro Video(s)
9. Rating

D. Theater Specific Audio Video (playlist, randoms etc for THX, Equipment Promos and such)

10. Audio (DD/DTS/THX etc) Only Dolby or dts formats videos here
11. Countdown Video
12. Movie Starts
13. Intermission Video(s) - If selected
14. Rating Video - if selected
15. Audio Format Video - if selected
16. Next Movie Starts
. The last three can repeat up to 3 more times
17. Feature Presentation Outro Video(s)
18. Movie Theatre Outro Video(s)

Of course the Theater Promo videos can be put into the Coming Attractions Outro slot but still curious if there's possibility for both.

Also, is it possible to have 2 separate CE scripts? The reason being 1 for regular 2D movies and 1 for 3D movies where the trailers and cartoon short can be different folders containing 3D videos. Also a "Put your 3D Glasses on Now" intro video.
Here are the snippets of the logs pertaining to Cinema Experience:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9706

I'm using the latest download for OSX 64-bit, 12.1, that I downloaded last night from the official website.

I'm currently using the Transparency! theme, but I couldn't get this to work on the "movie theatre" theme either.

Thanks for taking a look at this! Let me know if you need more information.
(2013-03-26, 18:21)devlmaycry Wrote: Ok, I finally got CE setup on my laptop with 12.1 Frodo and working well. However, after searching I can't seem to find anything that spells out whether or not I can CE to trigger when I play DVD/Bluray. Searching through the settings I didn't see anything jump out at me, but I'm fairly new to it on PC. I was an actual Xbox XBMC user for years. I see where ripping iso's works, but I have a collection of over 500 movies and Tv series and there's no way to store than many digitally in HD that's cost effective for me. Anyways if anyone has an answer or a direction I should look let me know.

Most skins have Cinema Experience integrated into the Video Info screens(Movies only, since Cinema Experience is only for movies). Skins like Transparency! have Skin settings that need to be set to have the function appear.

(2013-04-02, 16:34)evenzak Wrote: I've been using the new Couchpotato add-on which integrates with HD Trailers and Apple trailers to allow you to directly add a movie to the Couchpotato wanted list while watching trailers. Would it be possible to integrate Cinema Experience as well? I always end up adding new movies when I watch trailers and it would be fantastic if I could do that with this script as well.

I don't know if I will add Couchpotato integration to the script. At least not yet.
(2013-04-04, 17:55)Batiatus Wrote: Wow, 292 pages of content to sift through. That's crazy! I have browsed and done some searching but so far I've not been able to find the answers I seek so forgive me if they've already been responded to in here.

First, I'm trying to determine if there's a method of increasing items in the CE script. I'm looking for a play-back sequence as follows;

1. Trivia Intro Video(s)
2. Slides w/ music playlist
3. Trivia Outro Video(s)
4. Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
5. Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
7. Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)

A. Theater Promo Video (Let's all go to the Lobby, etc)
B. Cartoon Short Intro Video
C. Cartoon Short

8. Feature Presentation Intro Video(s)
9. Rating

D. Theater Specific Audio Video (playlist, randoms etc for THX, Equipment Promos and such)

10. Audio (DD/DTS/THX etc) Only Dolby or dts formats videos here
11. Countdown Video
12. Movie Starts
13. Intermission Video(s) - If selected
14. Rating Video - if selected
15. Audio Format Video - if selected
16. Next Movie Starts
. The last three can repeat up to 3 more times
17. Feature Presentation Outro Video(s)
18. Movie Theatre Outro Video(s)

Of course the Theater Promo videos can be put into the Coming Attractions Outro slot but still curious if there's possibility for both.

Also, is it possible to have 2 separate CE scripts? The reason being 1 for regular 2D movies and 1 for 3D movies where the trailers and cartoon short can be different folders containing 3D videos. Also a "Put your 3D Glasses on Now" intro video.

At the moment, there is not a method to easily add the videos, except by setting up a playlist and using that playlist at the various parts of the intros. I will be adding a few more 'unlabeled' into/outro videos in the near future.

I have been thinking about adding the 3D intro to the script. The only problem is how to determine if the Video is 3D. The script uses XBMC Database information for various things, but I don't think XBMC stores 3D movie data. I guess I would have to rely on file naming to determine if the movie is 3D. I could always put a user adjustable setting that the script would use to determine if the file name represents a 3D movie.

For example: Future settings:
Code:
Enable 3D Video Intro                                                                      True/False
     3D file name tags:(separate different tags by semi-colon ";" )          H-SBS;HSBS;SBS;3D

So if the file name contains any of the following tags, H-SBS, HSBS, SBS or 3D, the script knows to play the 3D intro.(the file name tag setting would only be visible if Enable 3D Video Intro is set to True).

This would not be hard to add to the script and it can be placed right before the Movie Playback starts.

If you(or RagnaroktA) can think of any default tags, or maybe another way to detect the 3D movie please feel free to tell me.
Giftie,

That pretty much covers it with one exception. There's also Over/Under 3D movies. Usually in the file name of those will be OU, H-OU or Half-OU. You may also look at the way skins identify 3D movies. I know Aeon Nox 4 uses .3D. for their identification, but I'm not sure about the others. I'm really looking forward to this, and I'm gonna try to put together a 3D intro that will go with the other videos I've done. Thanks!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2013-04-05, 03:21)giftie Wrote: At the moment, there is not a method to easily add the videos, except by setting up a playlist and using that playlist at the various parts of the intros. I will be adding a few more 'unlabeled' into/outro videos in the near future.

I have been thinking about adding the 3D intro to the script. The only problem is how to determine if the Video is 3D. The script uses XBMC Database information for various things, but I don't think XBMC stores 3D movie data. I guess I would have to rely on file naming to determine if the movie is 3D. I could always put a user adjustable setting that the script would use to determine if the file name represents a 3D movie.

For example: Future settings:
Code:
Enable 3D Video Intro                                                                      True/False
     3D file name tags:(separate different tags by semi-colon ";" )          H-SBS;HSBS;SBS;3D

So if the file name contains any of the following tags, H-SBS, HSBS, SBS or 3D, the script knows to play the 3D intro.(the file name tag setting would only be visible if Enable 3D Video Intro is set to True).

This would not be hard to add to the script and it can be placed right before the Movie Playback starts.

If you(or RagnaroktA) can think of any default tags, or maybe another way to detect the 3D movie please feel free to tell me.

Wow thanks for the response! Happy to hear this idea has been given some thought. I'm totally brand new to XBMC and Cinema Experience but after playing around with both for the past week the above mentions were just some of the ideas that popped into my head.

I think, going off the current XBMC and CE file structure settings, that adding a folders to the MOVIES directory with 3D Trailers, 3D Feature Presentation etc would make the most and simplest sense. Then in the movie file structure add 3D to the directory name (ex. The Amazing Spider-Man 3D) to signify to CE to run the 3D script. Having all the other options the same, how ever being able to link to other 3D videos and directories should make it simple for the end user.

The other thing I'd look for built into the CE3D script is integration to use TMT or PowerDVD to mount and play 3d BD ISO files, for full HD resolution playback. Or a way to point CE3D to a second script which will do that.

As for "expansion slots" that would be awesome as well. My buddy and I have been discussing it and reminiscing about old theater going experiences so that's where my sequence came from. A few more options, or even the ability to re-order a few things would be excellent! Though I have no idea just how difficult that might be. For example some might like a "Put your 3D glasses on" bumper right before the main feature which is all they'd have in 3D while myself, I'd like to have my 3D CE run 3D trailers first, so that message should come on after the theater introduction but before the trailers. Then if I could create a theater introduction in 3D it would need to go first overall. (This all might be a lot to ask, I understand!)

BTW, having given my buddy a good demo of XBMC and CE last night his jaw hit the floor. He's super stoked that our ideas which we thought were only pipe dreams mere weeks seem to be somewhat simple to do! Now if we could only figure out just how D-Box might/is going to work with all this he's ready to drop 40G on a dedicated home theater.

Oh one last thing. I haven't been able to get the Audio trailers to work yet. I've got a few HD rips but none seem to trigger the Audio bumper of any format. The only thing that plays is the THX and that because I put that in the Feature Presentation slot. Any ideas what might be going on?
(2013-04-05, 16:38)Batiatus Wrote: The other thing I'd look for built into the CE3D script is integration to use TMT or PowerDVD to mount and play 3d BD ISO files, for full HD resolution playback. Or a way to point CE3D to a second script which will do that.

Regarding TMT and PowerDVD check out Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-04-05, 17:05)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 16:38)Batiatus Wrote: The other thing I'd look for built into the CE3D script is integration to use TMT or PowerDVD to mount and play 3d BD ISO files, for full HD resolution playback. Or a way to point CE3D to a second script which will do that.

Regarding TMT and PowerDVD check out Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup

Holy crap! Another 178 pages to scroll through! Thanks!!!
(2013-04-05, 17:32)Batiatus Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 17:05)CaptainKen Wrote:

Holy crap! Another 178 pages to scroll through! Thanks!!!

The External Player Code forum is very active with members that very helpful.
(2013-04-05, 20:15)CaptainKen Wrote: The External Player Code forum is very active with members that very helpful.

I hope you weren't thinking I was being facetious or anything. I was honestly thanking you for pointing that thread out to me. It's just a ton of information to go through. Kinda like when Homer joined the Stonecutters and was forced to pull the boulder, only to be discovered he was the chosen one and then given a BIGGER boulder.
I have a question, not sure if its possible
Im building a dedicated cinema room
Im about to install lights...
Im planning to put starlights in the ceiling and 1x5m rgb led strip on the left and right side... Thats all
Is there a way.. To
Turn on all lights ..
When the script starts the side led strips(2x5m) turn off as soon as any video is being played... But the starlights remain...
Until..the actually movie starts... The starlights should go off too.

Is this possible? What do i need for it? Thx!
(2013-04-05, 21:22)Batiatus Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 20:15)CaptainKen Wrote: The External Player Code forum is very active with members that very helpful.

I hope you weren't thinking I was being facetious or anything. I was honestly thanking you for pointing that thread out to me. It's just a ton of information to go through. Kinda like when Homer joined the Stonecutters and was forced to pull the boulder, only to be discovered he was the chosen one and then given a BIGGER boulder.

Heck no didn't think that at all. I can completely relate to what you're going through. I've lost count how many times I've redone my system. I'm at least six months into XBMC and still trying to piece it all together, which includes finding new forums consisting of hundreds of pages to decipher as well.
Can someone please give me a simple straight forward explanation on how to install CE for Frodo 12.1 Windows 7? I've downloaded and extracted the "script.cinema.experience" link provided in the first post of this thread. What do I do next? and what is event ghost? Thanks in advance!

EDIT
I think I've figured it out. You unzip the file located in the first post and put it into the "addons" folder inside of XBMC located in C/programfiles/XBMC/addons. Then download the second link in the first post and place it inside of the script.cinema.experience folder that you just added. hope I'm right and fingers crossed! lol
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24