Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
alexandergoll Wrote:That script is really awesome.

Haven't got the slides working yet, but all the trailers work really nice.

I have enabled "adjust refresh rate to content". Since my tv takes a few seconds to adjust (sometimes, not always) i have recoded most of the videos to 24 frames. (Especially the vipidme intros and the rating videos)
That way my tv set will adjust less inbetween movies.

Haven't found a way yet to recode the dolby trailers (for example the dolby countdown is in 30 fps)

I tried Sony Vegas 10 HD which has also support for 5.1 sound, however the program gives an exception when I try to import the videos with 5.1 sound.

If anyone can point me to a program which does that it would be nice. I know that the sound will change (will it?) but on these short trailers without speech it is hardly noticeable.

Possibly try handbrake?
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
alexandergoll Wrote:That script is really awesome.

Haven't got the slides working yet, but all the trailers work really nice.

I have enabled "adjust refresh rate to content". Since my tv takes a few seconds to adjust (sometimes, not always) i have recoded most of the videos to 24 frames. (Especially the vipidme intros and the rating videos)
That way my tv set will adjust less inbetween movies.

Haven't found a way yet to recode the dolby trailers (for example the dolby countdown is in 30 fps)

I tried Sony Vegas 10 HD which has also support for 5.1 sound, however the program gives an exception when I try to import the videos with 5.1 sound.

If anyone can point me to a program which does that it would be nice. I know that the sound will change (will it?) but on these short trailers without speech it is hardly noticeable.

Or VirtualDub. I used Virtualdub to increase the volume on the Audio Intros as, for some reason, the volume was much lower than other videos.
Ah Handbrake.. Totally out of my mind. Seems to work perfectly.
ijourneaux Wrote:Giftie

I am still getting the music visualization kicking in 30-60 sec after the trivia starts so it kind of ruins the effect <grin>. Running 1.0.9

On a lark I confirmed that music visualization was turned off in the music settings but that did not make a difference.

I installed XBMC and HCE on a different computer so I could debug the problem but it seems to work correctly there.

Were you running Back Row(SVN) on both computers? So far I have only found Back Row showing this problem.

I found that it is a screen that Back Row kicks in during music play. It will bring up the Now Playing Screen automatically after a few seconds of play. This is probably a skin default. Good news though, you can turn it off.. Go into Settings -> Skin Options -> Media Info, the second item in the list is 'Enable Music Now Playing Screen' toggle this off and the slideshow shows properly, though you will lose the automatic Now Playing screen when playing music.
Little contribution Spanish Translation
Thanks KiSUAN, this is very much appreciated..
I've re uploded the file with some corrections, the first one was done in a phone at the beach so I didn't put too much attention, sorry, shame on me Blush
giftie Wrote:Were you running Back Row(SVN) on both computers? So far I have only found Back Row showing this problem.

I found that it is a screen that Back Row kicks in during music play. It will bring up the Now Playing Screen automatically after a few seconds of play. This is probably a skin default. Good news though, you can turn it off.. Go into Settings -> Skin Options -> Media Info, the second item in the list is 'Enable Music Now Playing Screen' toggle this off and the slideshow shows properly, though you will lose the automatic Now Playing screen when playing music.

Using Backrow SVN on my HTPC and Backrow on my desktop PC. Problem only appears with the SVN. Will install SVN on my desktop and confirm that the problem occurs.

Take Care

PS Now and I totally stumped. Still doesn't work on my HTPC system with BackRow SVN. But can not get it to fail on my desktop PC with BackRow or BackRow SVN. I did not have to uncheck the media buttons you mentioned for it to work.
Hi, I´ve installed CE on Dharma 10.0 with Night skin (from the XBMC repo) and can´t find any button yet to activate it when I watch a movie, it just appears on the Add ons tab and that´s it (nowhere to be found @ the movie information). Can you help? thx!
You need to download the SVN version of Night, Available from Passion-XBMC(they have a repo as well) the added feature has not yet made it to the 'stable' version of the skin(Don't worry, Night SVN is ok to use, just changes a little week to week.)
is anyone else having trouble with repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons saying there is an update but it does not update even when you click on it?

EDITED:
turns out its something to do with xbmc its self as iv gone back to rc2 and it updates fine but this was not the case with the final release of dharma
Give it a try again.. I may have messed up the downloading from repo by adding the Spanish strings..(probably did.. )
Any one that uses the BBFC ratings and understands how to search the XBMC Video Database, can you give me a sample of what column c12 in the movie table.

I just want to verify the format that is used.

Thanx
Thumbs Up 
giftie Wrote:You need to download the SVN version of Night, Available from Passion-XBMC(they have a repo as well) the added feature has not yet made it to the 'stable' version of the skin(Don't worry, Night SVN is ok to use, just changes a little week to week.)

Thanx a lot Giftie!, that did it!, it´s extremely cool!!
Thanks for getting this script up and running again.

I've been using the trailer feature since it was first implemented and have over a thousand good quality trailers downloaded. Unfortunately they are in the movie folder associated with the trailer, as this is how xbmc gets to them via the movie info button.

Is there a way for me to use my 'local files' in HTE without having to create copies of all my trailers and have them in a single directory?

I ask because it's still good to have a preview of a movie before watching it, in case i'm just browsing and don't want to use HTE.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24