Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 45(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Metsadah Wrote:Hello, how are you'll doing this with trailers. When I set it up with the apple trailer script it works fine, but it keeps buffering. I've set my trailers to 720p, I have a very speedy broadband connection (60 Mbit) but I cant watch this. I can offcourse go for lower quality, but I dont like that much.

Or should I mannually download lots of trailers every once in a while?
Set the trailers to 480p. They still look good and have fewer, if any, buffering issues.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Metsadah Wrote:Hello, how are you'll doing this with trailers. When I set it up with the apple trailer script it works fine, but it keeps buffering. I've set my trailers to 720p, I have a very speedy broadband connection (60 Mbit) but I cant watch this. I can offcourse go for lower quality, but I dont like that much.

Or should I mannually download lots of trailers every once in a while?

Personally, I use HD Trailers.NET downloader to download trailers. The program downloads trailers from a variety of sources and saves them to a folder, which I then point to in the CE settings.

The link to it is in the second post of this thread, or you could just click on this: http://hdtrailersdler.codeplex.com/

Also, if you would like a copy of my settings file for the downloader, let me know; though the settings file is pretty well documented.

--edit
I should note that the program does indeed download trailers at any quality, up to 1080p.
Hello All, I just wanted to throw out a music suggestion for use with the trivia slides. The group is:

group: Combustible Edison
album: Impossible World
track #4. 20th Century
track #8. Hot and Bothered

Here is a link on Amazon where you can sample their stuff.
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Impossible-World-Combustible-Edison/dp/B00000DBY3/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1297342397&sr=1-4"]http://www.amazon.com/Impossible-World-Combustible-Edison/dp/B00000DBY3/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1297342397&sr=1-4"[/url]

Most of their music works great if you are looking for a retro /lounge/tiki bar kind of vibe which goes well with a lot of the vintage promos, etc. that people use in CE. Anyway, just thought I would share!
everything works on this script for me except the trailer intro video. no matter what video i put in that folder it never plays and goes directly to the trivia. i wanted to use the open curtains video before this since it is the first thing that plays but it wont work.

any ideas or anybody else having this issue?
Thermos Wrote:everything works on this script for me except the trailer intro video. no matter what video i put in that folder it never plays and goes directly to the trivia. i wanted to use the open curtains video before this since it is the first thing that plays but it wont work.

any ideas or anybody else having this issue?

Wow, I hope you didn't waste too much time since that part is right under the "Non-working" section in the beginning. See post #5.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Star 
Just starting using this stellar program... loving it all the way. A few questions to those experienced would help me over a few stumps..

I had it working well, then tried Trvia, it worked well but I don't see how to turn it off. It's not like I don't like Triva, but usually I sit down for a movie presentation, not always for a full on Cinema experience. But I do like the idea of the rating window, trailers.... would like to see 'cartoon options', perhaps a bit more quick flexibility as to triva, Reviews, #trailers, music.

The ratings window seems to pop up before trailers and doesn't reflect the movie. I think I had it working... but I've changed to nicer .png files, should I have .avi files?

What is everyone using for music in their triva? Elevator music or Jazz piano?

Nice work... great for a drive in.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Wow, I hope you didn't waste too much time since that part is right under the "Non-working" section in the beginning. See post #5.

Thanks, I somehow missed that. not too much time was wasted. thanks.
PatK Wrote:Just starting using this stellar program... loving it all the way. A few questions to those experienced would help me over a few stumps..

I had it working well, then tried Trvia, it worked well but I don't see how to turn it off. It's not like I don't like Triva, but usually I sit down for a movie presentation, not always for a full on Cinema experience. But I do like the idea of the rating window, trailers.... would like to see 'cartoon options', perhaps a bit more quick flexibility as to triva, Reviews, #trailers, music.

The ratings window seems to pop up before trailers and doesn't reflect the movie. I think I had it working... but I've changed to nicer .png files, should I have .avi files?

What is everyone using for music in their triva? Elevator music or Jazz piano?

Nice work... great for a drive in.

If you want to kill the trivia while its going press ESC. If you do not want it at all you will have to edit the \userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\settings.xml file. I run XBMC in portable mode so mine is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience. If you run XBMC in "normal" mode then its probably under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data.

The ratings window should not be popping up before trailers. See the first post for the order things run in. For now the ratings files have to be video files renamed to .avi. It doesn't matter what the file really is. But they have to be video files and not picture/stills files.
I have a few songs in a folder that it choses randomly. Most of it is soundtracks from movies. BraveHeart, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings. I Have a folder for Cartoons that I use in the Trivia Outro. So instead of an outro there, it plays a 3-5 minute Cartoon for the kids.
apologies if this has been covered, but i couldnt find it anywhere

im running the latest version of Aeon2 and i have cinema experience setup (through the configuration file) with Slave Units HTE pack. i cant seem to figure out how to make cinema experience play before every movie. I also cant seem to find a "cinema button" anywhere under movie info.

any help is greatly appreciated.
Star 
SlaveUnit Wrote:If you want to kill the trivia while its going press ESC. If you do not want it at all you will have to edit the \userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\settings.xml file. I run XBMC in portable mode so mine is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience. If you run XBMC in "normal" mode then its probably under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data.

The ratings window should not be popping up before trailers. See the first post for the order things run in. For now the ratings files have to be video files renamed to .avi. It doesn't matter what the file really is. But they have to be video files and not picture/stills files.

Thanks for your quick reply... I suspected as much, and would like to suggest the author put in a feature to toggle triva, instead of the labourious step of editing (I use a RF mouse, a keyboard command is effort) Yes my ratings files are images not .avi I'll remedy that.
Okay, a bit of an update on my cinema experience not running. Been busy last few days and it had me perturbed enough i neeed a break from working on it. Sometimes fresh perspective after time away makes you see something you may have missed. What I missed before was that the movie plays in the background, the script just sends me back to the menu screen while it is playing. I tried today and figured to just turn on little by little to see if it worked and at what point it bootd me backwards to the movie menu.

Today i noticed after being booted back that when i hit backspace to go back to the home menu and go to adjust the program settings on the script, the movie was playing, it just had been knocked to the background like when you hit the backspace button during the playing of a movie. Any ideas how to fix this. Someone mentioned posting a log before, but not sure where one may be saved...
ArcherTroy Wrote:apologies if this has been covered, but i couldnt find it anywhere

im running the latest version of Aeon2 and i have cinema experience setup (through the configuration file) with Slave Units HTE pack. i cant seem to figure out how to make cinema experience play before every movie. I also cant seem to find a "cinema button" anywhere under movie info.

any help is greatly appreciated.

What one is Aeon2? Do you mean Aeon MQ2?
PatK Wrote:Thanks for your quick reply... I suspected as much, and would like to suggest the author put in a feature to toggle triva, instead of the labourious step of editing (I use a RF mouse, a keyboard command is effort) Yes my ratings files are images not .avi I'll remedy that.

I think this has been requested and is coming in the next version.

giftie, can you confirm this or am I crazy?
Invincer Wrote:Okay, a bit of an update on my cinema experience not running. Been busy last few days and it had me perturbed enough i neeed a break from working on it. Sometimes fresh perspective after time away makes you see something you may have missed. What I missed before was that the movie plays in the background, the script just sends me back to the menu screen while it is playing. I tried today and figured to just turn on little by little to see if it worked and at what point it bootd me backwards to the movie menu.

Today i noticed after being booted back that when i hit backspace to go back to the home menu and go to adjust the program settings on the script, the movie was playing, it just had been knocked to the background like when you hit the backspace button during the playing of a movie. Any ideas how to fix this. Someone mentioned posting a log before, but not sure where one may be saved...

Im not quite understanding what your issue is here. But the TAB key will bring your movie back into the foreground.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24