Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 91(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
ijourneaux Wrote:I have a minor issue with Trivia slides. For some reason, a few trivia slides come up as black screens. It is possible that it is a problem with the format of the image or a corrupt image. but I can't locate the problem files. DO you get the list of trivia slides displayed if you enable debug mode?

Not at the moment... but is now in the development Smile

you could add this line, after line number 115 in xbmcscript_trivia.py:

Code:
xbmc.log( "[script.cinema.experience] - Current Slide: %s" %, self.slide_playlist[ self.image_count ], level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)

this should send the slide to be listed in the Debug log..
I have a few short videos I would like to have play before each of my movies. I have enabled the cinema experience and tried to map the path and enabled the script but nothing happens. What am I missing - signed noob Sad
giftie Wrote:Not at the moment... but is now in the development Smile

Code:
xbmc.log( "[script.cinema.experience] - Current Slide: %s" %, self.slide_playlist[ self.image_count ], level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)

Thanks Much!
seanrabin Wrote:I have a few short videos I would like to have play before each of my movies. I have enabled the cinema experience and tried to map the path and enabled the script but nothing happens. What am I missing - signed noob Sad

A debug log is the first step...

How are you starting Cinema Experience?
hey cinema experience was not working last night, just kept getting, ERROR SCRIPT FAILED, anybody else having this problem. having problem with most of my video scripts
tkarns24 Wrote:hey cinema experience was not working last night, just kept getting, ERROR SCRIPT FAILED, anybody else having this problem. having problem with most of my video scripts

Posting a debug log is the first step in finding a solution..
well i definitley understand that ,but how do i move the log from my apple tv to my laptop to send
tkarns24 Wrote:well i definitley understand that ,but how do i move the log from my apple tv to my laptop to send

As I don't have an Apple TV or Apple TV2

- start here for Apple TV http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124
- start here for Apple TV2 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
I really love this script, it's makes the whole process so much more cinematic. Anyway I had a couple of thoughts you could file under feature requests.

-A "staging" mode where it would just perpetually play trivia slides until some sort of keypress would send it along to the next step. It usually takes us a little bit to get ready to watch a movie what with getting kids settled and getting snacks and stuff. It would be nice if the script would just rotate trivia slides during this time while everyone gets ready and then I could press play or something and it would move to the next phase.

-Load trivia slides from a remote server. This could open the door for a trivia server which has slides from the most up to date movies. I'm not sure how much community support there is for something like that, but it allows you to get new content once in a while at least. This could possible be expanded to coming soon/feature presentation movie streaming as well.

Thanks for all the great work thus far. I'm really looking forward to getting some home automation lights set up so I can try out some of those features as well.
@giftie... i think that the black screen could be psd files inthe trivia slides folder.... especially if they are form my pack as im a lazy git and never took them out Smile
icky Wrote:@giftie... i think that the black screen could be psd files inthe trivia slides folder.... especially if they are form my pack as im a lazy git and never took them out Smile

That could easily be it. Will check it out tonight.
icky Wrote:@giftie... i think that the black screen could be psd files inthe trivia slides folder.... especially if they are form my pack as im a lazy git and never took them out Smile

I'm not sure. The script should only pick valid picture extensions(based on XBMC) Though I have seen stranger things happen... Smile
nbayer Wrote:I really love this script, it's makes the whole process so much more cinematic. Anyway I had a couple of thoughts you could file under feature requests.

-A "staging" mode where it would just perpetually play trivia slides until some sort of keypress would send it along to the next step. It usually takes us a little bit to get ready to watch a movie what with getting kids settled and getting snacks and stuff. It would be nice if the script would just rotate trivia slides during this time while everyone gets ready and then I could press play or something and it would move to the next phase.

This is already how the script is set up.

You have the ability to set the slide show to last for up to an hour, depending on the number of slides you have. For instance, I have about 1500 slides, showing a slide every 10 seconds, those slides will last for around 2.5 hours. The script limits to 1 hour, as it is a pretty long time... Smile Pressing the 'Back' button on the remote(varies from remote to remote) will stop the slide show, and continue on.. Since music is part of the slide show, transport keys(Play, Stop, Pause, Skip Back, Skip forward) are mapped to the music player.

Quote:-Load trivia slides from a remote server. This could open the door for a trivia server which has slides from the most up to date movies. I'm not sure how much community support there is for something like that, but it allows you to get new content once in a while at least. This could possible be expanded to coming soon/feature presentation movie streaming as well.

Thanks for all the great work thus far. I'm really looking forward to getting some home automation lights set up so I can try out some of those features as well.

This would be possible to program(not too difficult) but I don't see this sort of thing around(yet) The community is doing pretty good a creating new slides and I think Dark Scout is hosting them on his server(in pack form) available to all... I personally don't like to rely on streaming from the internet, though the world is definitely heading that way.
giftie Wrote:This is already how the script is set up.

You have the ability to set the slide show to last for up to an hour, depending on the number of slides you have. For instance, I have about 1500 slides, showing a slide every 10 seconds, those slides will last for around 2.5 hours. The script limits to 1 hour, as it is a pretty long time... Smile Pressing the 'Back' button on the remote(varies from remote to remote) will stop the slide show, and continue on.. Since music is part of the slide show, transport keys(Play, Stop, Pause, Skip Back, Skip forward) are mapped to the music player.

This would be possible to program(not too difficult) but I don't see this sort of thing around(yet) The community is doing pretty good a creating new slides and I think Dark Scout is hosting them on his server(in pack form) available to all... I personally don't like to rely on streaming from the internet, though the world is definitely heading that way.

Excellent, an hour is more than enough time so that is perfect.

Regarding the streaming perhaps instead of relying on it to stream the images it could just display what it has locally but if it's idle then use that time to attempt to contact a server and download some new slides to display next time. I just wanted to throw it out there because I am sure to neglect my collection of slides and it would be nice to have it acquire new content when it has nothing better to do.

Anyway, great work on this. Thanks for the response.
giftie Wrote:Not at the moment... but is now in the development Smile

Code:

Nothing urgent. I tried copying the line into the xbmcscript_trivia.py file but end up with a syntax error on the line.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24