Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 129(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
I get behavior similar to that described in various other posts. The feature presentation prompts a search window when clicking "Cinema Play" rather than launching the audio intro (all I use CE for). Ultimately the CE script does nothing.

Pastebin url here: http://pastebin.com/XtSbQ53H
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
MISC Standout Designs Haven 82 stand
azaze1 Wrote:I get behavior similar to that described in various other posts. The feature presentation prompts a search window when clicking "Cinema Play" rather than launching the audio intro (all I use CE for). Ultimately the CE script does nothing.

Pastebin url here: http://pastebin.com/XtSbQ53H

Though not a debug log, but I see your problem.. you need to run the pre-Eden test version(zip file) that is available on the first page of this thread. version 1.0.46 does not work with Eden.(version 2.0.53)
giftie Wrote:Though not a debug log, but I see your problem.. you need to run the pre-Eden test version(zip file) that is available on the first page of this thread. version 1.0.46 does not work with Eden.(version 2.0.53)

Thanks, I've always used the version in either the google code or passion repo (don't remember which) and it used to work for pre-eden builds for some time. Guess no longer.

Thanks for the help though,
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
giftie Wrote:Though not a debug log, but I see your problem.. you need to run the pre-Eden test version(zip file) that is available on the first page of this thread. version 1.0.46 does not work with Eden.(version 2.0.53)

New pastebin url: http://pastebin.com/gdABRcg2

I've used the eden version on front page, still getting search dialog upon selecting cinema play. No audio format video is played, instead once I click "clear" to exit movies the main feature starts playing.

EDIT: findings
20:46:25 T:2060 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling files.getdirectory
20:46:25 T:2060 DEBUG: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - JSONRPC -
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"files":null,"limits":{"end":0,"start":0,"total":0}}}
20:46:25 T:2060 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ ce_playlist.py ] - Looking for 1 files, but only found 0

this implies there are no files in the AUDIO/DTSHD-MA/ directory, but there are. It's the same directory that's contained the same files for months. I've not changed anything nor permissions. I can browse here and double click my MKVs and they play just fine. For some reason CE isn't finding media to play.
azaze1 Wrote:New pastebin url: http://pastebin.com/gdABRcg2

I've used the eden version on front page, still getting search dialog upon selecting cinema play. No audio format video is played, instead once I click "clear" to exit movies the main feature starts playing.

The issue about the 'search dialog' showing up is a skin error, which skin are you using?

Do you have videos in the following folder?
smb://RGTOWER/Media Share/Cinema Experience/Audio/DTSHD-MA/

This is where Cinema Experience is looking since that is the audio format for that specific movie.
giftie Wrote:The issue about the 'search dialog' showing up is a skin error, which skin are you using?

Do you have videos in the following folder?
smb://RGTOWER/Media Share/Cinema Experience/Audio/DTSHD-MA/

This is where Cinema Experience is looking since that is the audio format for that specific movie.

I'm using Neon from XBMC repo. There are complaints in the Neon form about this, I'll let Stoli know. EDIT: I see you're all over that thread very recently in fact. Not sure what to do at this point.

There are indeed 2 mkvs in the folder referenced here. It's just not finding it for some reason... I wonder if it's due to the Skin error.
I think it may be a change in XBMC to be honest.. I just tested on my system and XBMC does find videos in my folder, but still reports that none were found.

I'm going to do a little more digging...
azaze1 Wrote:I'm using Neon from XBMC repo. There are complaints in the Neon form about this, I'll let Stoli know. EDIT: I see you're all over that thread very recently in fact. Not sure what to do at this point.

There are indeed 2 mkvs in the folder referenced here. It's just not finding it for some reason... I wonder if it's due to the Skin error.

If you install skin.neon.svn from passion xbmc repo, it is fixed there.

you can edit the DialogVideoInfo.xml file in the skin.neon/720p folder, line 1280:
Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
to
Code:
<control type="button" id="113">
(same value stoli is using in the svn version.)

That will fix the search dialog.
Can some one help me with the file structure for using Cinema Experience

Firstly - When using intros for example do they have to be in a particular folder within the xbmc folder or can i just point it to a folder of my choose whith the intros in.

Secondly - when i set CE to play trailors from apple, some times they work other times i get playback failure, i am using Eden beta with the Neon skin...

Thanks in advance for any help.............
@giftie

could you say something to my post #1908 ?

Greets
Eisi
giftie Wrote:If you install skin.neon.svn from passion xbmc repo, it is fixed there.

you can edit the DialogVideoInfo.xml file in the skin.neon/720p folder, line 1280:
Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
to
Code:
<control type="button" id="113">
(same value stoli is using in the svn version.)

That will fix the search dialog.

Thanks a lot for the help.
can anyone confirm if this is how CE should work when playing trailors from Apple......

go to movies, select my film, then press the i button which then allows me to press the CE button, when i press the CE button it brings the same film title up in a search box, i have to press the back button on my remote which goes to my film list and then starts to play my trailors before my main film, not very clued up on CE still learning....

Can anyone tell me where to put intro, outtros etc on my comp to play, as i have a intro in place on my NAS drive and have pointed the configured CE to that folder but it wont play it just goes straihght to the trailors....

I running eden beta 11 and neon.......

Thanks in advance...........
azaze1 Wrote:Thanks a lot for the help.

is there any easy way to find the code to change rather than reading it all?
smurff33 Wrote:is there any easy way to find the code to change rather than reading it all?

for me it was on line 1279. I use VIM to edit files so in that respect it's easy to jump to specific lines.
smurff33 Wrote:is there any easy way to find the code to change rather than reading it all?

You probably can search for the term 'cinema' to find the area of the xml file
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24