[LIVE] Suspend / Autoresume issues?
I have fixed it at last!! Quite simple really, the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line appears in the Grub file twice. The first time which is commented out at the top of the file so if you remove the comment and make change it has no effect. Scroll down the file and there is a section called something like XBMC Defaults and there the line is again, uncommented and therefore overwriting any changes being made above. Add the usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to this line and all is good Big Grin
Glad you fixed the issue. This was a real headache for me and I imagine you are as relieved as I was.
Mike8913 Wrote:Glad you fixed the issue. This was a real headache for me and I imagine you are as relieved as I was.

You bet I was relieved, been driving me mad since I built my first 9.11 system a year ago. Now the ASRock is up and running before my plasma has started, 10 second startup time is cool Big Grin
Thanks for the tips in here.

When I resume my XBMC always reverts to 1080 resolution, even though I normally run at 720. I have to go into settings and change back to 1280x720. Any idea what could be causing that?
Thank you guys for struggling through all this - made the suspend issue on my Zotac IONITX-F-E really easy to solve! Smile

I have XBMC Live 10.0 installed to a HDD. Was able to suspend once, but after resuming that first time, all further suspends would immediately wake without user input.

Following the instructions above, I edited the /etc/default/grub file. andyjayh is correct, the line that makes the difference is the second "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT" that appears under the "#Defaults from XBMC Installation" section. I added "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to that, and now my suspend works perfectly.

Thanks again!
Glad you got it working in the end Big Grin
Sorry for opening this again but I'm not able to suspend my system.

I added usbcore.autosuspend=-1 also but it's not working. First I had added that in the section above untill somebody in this thread said that you had to put it in the section below so I commented out the first thing and copied to the section below.

Here is my grub file, did I made a mistake why it's not working, can somebody take a look at it or compare it ?

Code:
# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount loglevel=0"
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,noredir usbcore.autosuspend=-1"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

# Defaults from XBMC Installation
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount loglevel=0 video=vesafb usbcore.autosuspend=-1"
GRUB_GFXMODE="800x600"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="800x600"
Did you
sudo update-grub
?
Yes I did
Code:
sudo update-grub
and I rebooted the system to be sure.

Edit: I updated again because I upgraded yesterday and I have seen that there is a new kernel.
But the problem is still not solved. Sad
Not sure why it didn't work. I made the mod to /etc/default/grub and then ran update-grub. It now works perfectly. Huh

FWIW I'm running 10.1 (upgraded from 10.0) on an IONITX box.
Here are some details from my system.

Code:
Linux XBMCLive 2.6.32-29-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive Dharma

This is installed on an Asus S1-AT5NM10E barebone.

But I forgot to mention something. I first did what is standing in this howto.
After that I did what was standing in this topic because the first one didn't work.
This is standing in my xbmc.log

Code:
16:13:44 T:3078100864 M:1969922048  NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
16:13:44 T:3078100864 M:1969922048  NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc
16:13:46 T:3078100864 M:1969000448  NOTICE: OnWake: Running resume jobs
For me also this trick does not work :-(
I have a similar kernel version: 2.6.32-29-generic # 58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 11 7:00:09 p.m. UTC 2011/Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS - XBMCLive Dharma
And perhaps herein lies the problem ... but do not change the kernel because then the same problems with installing ALSA / Nvidia .....
Or maybe someone knows another solution to this problem?
Ubuntu is probably one big BUG Shocked
My config: grub
Quote:# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend=-1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax xbmc=autostart,noredir "
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_enforce_resources = lax"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

# Defaults from XBMC Installation
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount loglevel=0 usbcore.autosuspend=-1"
GRUB_GFXMODE="800x600"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="800x600"

How come MCE remote control ... try to raise the OPENELEC system. There, as I read everything works OK.
But still look for on the internet can I find a solution :-) .... sure to share information and solution...though at hand hurts from typing in the browser the words, suspend / AutoResume .. he he he :-)
Ps. The error was on the side of the motherboard AT5IONT-I and the exact BIOS. Just turn off the option in the BIOS - USB3 (disable!).
All works OK!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Suspend / Autoresume issues?0