Installing XBMC on SD card?
Hi,

I have a zotac zbox hd-id40+ with currenlty xbmc live (dharma _rc1) installed on the internal HDD 250GB .

On the zbox, i have a 6-in-1 Memory card reader (MMC/SD/SDHC/MS/MS Pro/xD)

Anyone can tell me if it's possible to install xbmc live on a sd card?
If so, what about the performance of xbmc live?
Better leave it on the hdd or installation on a usb?

txh
In fact, i want to install xbmc live on SD (or usb) and install windows 7 on the internal HDD as download server.

If i want to boot to windows 7, I 'll unplug the SD, if i want to boot xbmc, i'll plugin the SDSmile

Is it also possible from within xbmc to browse to the local nfts directories on the internal HDD, so i can create an ntfs shortcut in xbmc ?

thx
If you enter the boot menu from the BIOS does it list the SD card as an option?
Hi,

kozz Wrote:Hi,

Anyone can tell me if it's possible to install xbmc live on a sd card?
If so, what about the performance of xbmc live?
Better leave it on the hdd or installation on a usb?

txh

OpenELEC (http://www.openelec.tv) can be installed on a SD Card and can boot if your system support boot from this "cardreader".
greetings, Stephan

Boot will likely be slow.
kozz Wrote:In fact, i want to install xbmc live on SD (or usb) and install windows 7 on the internal HDD as download server.

While this would work, to me it seems like it would easier (more productive) to have XBMC as your 'download server' rather than dual-booting. The main problem I can see with the dual-booting method you describe is that lets say you have a ton of movies downloading and your getting great speeds. You wouldn't want to stop the downloads to boot into XBMC to watch a movie or a show.

Alternately, of course, you could setup everything on Windows so you wouldn't have to stress constantly stopping downloads to use XBMC.
Thx for the info,

xbmc as downloadserver?
This seems very interesting...
Can you explain me how to get it working?

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBMC on SD card?0