MPlayer 1.0-pre6 bugs
(noodle @ feb. 16 2005,00:05 Wrote:looks like system\player added a new player which is: dvdplayer. don't know if this occured the problem.
from the xbmc cvs:

Quote:initial dvdplayer release. don't try too use it, it's still in it's very early alpha stages.
(a600 @ feb. 16 2005,00:36 Wrote:
(noodle @ feb. 16 2005,00:05 Wrote:looks like system\player added a new player which is: dvdplayer. don't know if this occured the problem.
from the xbmc cvs:

Quote:initial dvdplayer release. don't try too use it, it's still in it's very early alpha stages.
i think i'm not useing this new dvdplayer. i'm using alter mplayer which should be system\play\mplayer.
to all encountering the black screen bug after playing / stopping a movie with recent cvs including the new mplayer.dll setup (ie pre6 within system dir and with the alternative mplayer option 'thicked' in video settings of course :-))

well i might be wrong but lowering the cache size from 8 mb to 4mb did solve my problem. fyi i read my files thru smb over lan. this tip comes from jmarshall here (thks to him :-))

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=2974

i can't really explain why but it works. no more black screens. i can even use the high quality pixel shader without pb.

hope this tip will solve some others problems (maybe even strikers')

cheers
hmm, gonna get my xbox back tonight, will build a new xbmc and test it
though i doubt it, i was playing from xbox hdd and all that worked was deleting settings
dont remember where the ff/rw was discussed but here are my findings:

ff is very good! even up to 32x its 'smooth' with mpeg avis.
rw kinda sux Confused
its not smooth at all. press it ones slightly to have it rw 2x and it still goes on for like 4 seconds then start to play again. with ff its plays again instantly when you let go. with higher rw speeds its even worse.

and elupus, that press y to get osd and then ff or rw goes like 100x bug still exists. please check it out, i use it to see at which time i'm at
Lightbulb 
i managed to find what was causing problems wiv new mplayer core...... if u have a edited keymap, it will cause xbmc 2 crash when u press the key that u have assigned (i had my right anoluge left and right assigned to skip tracks)

soon as i replaced my custom keymap with the default one the new core works fine.

think it must be a bug cos the old core works fine with custome keymaps
striker, as soon as you open osd and use triggers, they aren't being used for ff/rw anymore. they are used for skip if i remember correctly, don't know why really will change that beaviour when i get my internet connection back. if you start ff/rw with remote and open osd it doesn't have this beavior right?

yeawhatever, you've edited key map how + what button are you pressing to do what? you don't supply enough info.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok here goes:

latest cvs, latest mplayer
default keymap.xml (no changes whatsoever)

press y to bring up the video osd
press bottom right (or left) trigger (used for ff/rw)
that goes waay too fast

now the same functions on the remote are reverse & forward
i checked and doublechecked, bringing up the osd and changing the ff/rw speed goes fine.

the difference between the remote and the controller is that the controller goes back to play once you let go. the remote keeps it locked in the ff/rw speed until you press play or lower the speed.

yes you are correct in saying that the dpad is used for skipping
and the functions changes when the osd is on screen
same with remote, so no that doesnt give any problems

hope you now get what i'm saying
i have configed the keymap so that the right and left on my right anologue stick is configured 2 skip tracks.....see the keymap below

<action>
<description>skip next</description>
<id>14</id>
<remote>skipplus</remote>
<remotecode />
<gamepad>rightthumbstickright</gamepad>
<keyboard>.</keyboard>
</action>
- <action>
<description>skip previous</description>
<id>15</id>
<remote>skipminus</remote>
<remotecode />
<gamepad>rightthumbstickleft</gamepad>
<keyboard>,</keyboard>
</action>
- <action>

this causes xbmc to nuke when the new mplayer core is on, but works fine with old core.

i also wanna asssign my left and right on left analogue to ff/rew, but it does not seem to let you. every time i have assigned the left anologue, it does not work. is it enabled as default in xbmc?

hope this is enough info. if not just reply and ill respond

cheers
yeawhatever:

upgrade - i fixed an issue with mplayer.dll a few days back. grab the latest mplayer.dll here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....iew=log

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

cheers for the link. now new core works fine Smile

its prob not ment for here, but its related anyway...... i have mapped my right anologue stick to skip tracks....works perfect now, but the left one does not assign

here is what i haev put

- <action>
<description>fastforward music</description>
<id>77</id>
<remote>forward</remote>
<gamepad>leftthumbstickright</gamepad>
<keyboard>f</keyboard>
</action>
- <action>
<description>rewind music</description>
<id>78</id>
<remote>reverse</remote>
<gamepad>leftthumbstickleft</gamepad>
<keyboard>r</keyboard>
</action>

is it because the left stick is mapped to something else? (i think anolge movemnt, but in xbmc it doesnt do anything?)

anyone got any ideas?

cheers
yes, it has nothing to do with this thread.

and the reason is that it is unmappable for anything other than analog movement.

ok, i noticed something with the dev. cvs feb. 24 2005 pre 6 mplayer. if you first play a video format, and while it's still in play, go and try and play another video format, it will cause your osd bar and subtitle bar not to be fully displayed.

example:
play a video (any format), press "display" on the remote or "y" on the controller to bring you to the gui screen. next, while the video is still playing, choose to play another video. now make the words subtitles: enabled/disabled appear, or skip ahead, you'll notice that both the "subtitle" word and the "osd bar" to seem as if they were squeezed.
lana lang

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer 1.0-pre6 bugs0