MPlayer 1.0-pre6 bugs
striker, your xbox seems very weird Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

wish it was just my xbox......had it on new xboxes as well which i just modded

will test some more soon to see why it is happening and if its something i added to my build (tft fonts)
i have exactly same problem like diontae16 got.

i'm using self build mplayer.dll from cvs, i also tried mplayer.dll in xbmc cvs under /system/player/mplayer.

when i fast forward, and then play, it give me error something like invalid memory access. old mplayer.dll, or mplayer.dll in xbmc cvs under /mplayer never give me this errors.

so, i tried to clear the cache under tdata and udata, and retry forward and play. this time a little better, but still give me that error.

i'm sure i have fonts in both /mplayer and /system/player/mplayer folders.

thanks
hey noodle, do this
download the pre6 mplayer from my link here. next, overwrite the mplayer with the one in system\players\mplayer\. next, go to the mplayer\ directory and copy the fonts to system\players\mplayer\.

now make sure you have these files/folders in system\players\mplayer\:
<span style='color:blue'>codecs (folder)
fonts (folder)
codecs.conf
input.conf
menu.conf
mplayer.conf
mplayer.dll</span>

note: you must have codecs in "system\players\mplayer\codecs\"

now, start up xbmc and choose settings then video. next, enable to use "alternate mplayer". then go back and try and play, everything should be working  :d
lana lang
(diontae16 @ feb. 07 2005,21:46 Wrote:hey noodle, do this
download the pre6 mplayer from my link here. next, overwrite the mplayer with the one in system\players\mplayer\. next, go to the mplayer\ directory and copy the fonts to system\players\mplayer\.

now make sure you have these files/folders in system\players\mplayer\:
<span style='color:blue'>codecs (folder)
fonts (folder)
codecs.conf
input.conf
menu.conf
mplayer.conf
mplayer.dll</span>

note: you must have codecs in "system\players\mplayer\codecs\"

now, start up xbmc and choose settings then video. next, enable to use "alternate mplayer". then go back and try and play, everything should be working  :d
hi, diontae16.

thanks for info. the only different is: i'm using mplayer that build myself. i do have fonts, codecs, and all config file. actually, they had been added into cvs.

now, it will not crash (in most case), but fast forward on 8x will freeze the picture even it still forwarding, and "play" will bring it back to play. i will do more test on it.

thanks again.
well that's the thing then as i can tell, you compiled your pre6 mplayer wrong. glad i was able to help Cool
lana lang
actually 8x ff or larger will not display any pictures when it's decoding with ffmpeg. i think it's caused when your source contains b frames, as ffmpeg then needs to decode two frames to be able to display anything, and as it is now it is only allowed to decode one frame.
not sure exactly how to solve it, but i might be able to figure something out.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Down 
:veryangry: i have tried 2 or three different builds all with mplayer 6 in it....however whenever i go to use alternative core, it dies (same error as ever1 else)

i have copyied the fonts and codex from xbmc/mplayer 2 system/players/mplayer but this has not worked eitha.

i downloaded compiled versions of mplayer pre 6 which i know work, but i still get error message up. cant work it out Confused

help
don't worry i've compiled mplayer, used precompiled cvs and there both slappings exceptions up. very sensitive error handling Smile

ill stick with standard mplayer :thumbsup:
prolly same problems as i got....you need to delete settings and never update again or you might have to delete settings yet again :nuts:
tried latest cvs of mplayer.dll. fast forward works perfect. 8x, 16x show the pictures, and much smooth now.
(noodle @ feb. 11 2005,12:48 Wrote:tried latest cvs of mplayer.dll. fast forward works perfect. 8x, 16x show the pictures, and much smooth now.
hey noodle, is that the latest pre6 mplayer? if so, what about rewind, how is it? i'm talking about for video playback that is  Cool
lana lang
rewind is not as good as fast forward, it shows only 2x even i press rewind many times. but after 4 or 5 times press rewind, it become to play. so i think it changed rewind speed.
with today's mplayer, alter player start to crash on forward back to play again. looks like system\player added a new player which is: dvdplayer. don't know if this occured the problem.
(noodle @ feb. 15 2005,19:05 Wrote:with today's mplayer, alter player start to crash on forward back to play again. looks like system\player added a new player which is: dvdplayer. don't know if this occured the problem.
today's mplayer in the cvs is the february 2 2005 dev cvs version, just switch back to the other version you were using, and by the way, you're absolutely right about the part that it crashes like on any frame skip. i just copied the february 4 2005 dev cvs version from a previous build and i haven't experienced that problem. Cool
lana lang

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer 1.0-pre6 bugs0