Poster/Thumbnail Question
I'm trying to work out a problem with my posters and am hoping someone might be able to help.

I'm using really high-res versions of movie posters (most of them are 1000s x 1000s, of pixels) in .tbn format, and they look really sharp if I were to view them outside of XBMC at full size. However, once they've been added through XBMC, it seems that they are heavily compressed. While for many views/skins this is relatively minor, since the posters are displayed relatively small anyway, if I'm using a skin with an Info view where you can view a full-screen poster, like in Aeon for instance, the poster will look severely compressed and pixelated. I've played around with a lot of different resolutions hoping for distinguishable results, but they definitely don't look as impressive as I'd like them toSmile

I haven't observed this to be a problem with my fanart or screenshot thumbnails, which have always been sharp and exactly how I wanted them so far. For my posters, is this level of compression/quality loss automatic, or is there any way I can influence this and make them look better? Any thoughts as to why this may be the case with my posters would be greatly appreciated!
Just to follow-up on this thread, I found under 'Documents and Settings' all the artwork that xbmc apparently makes/stores for use. While the fanart/backgrounds are saved at 1920x1080 resolution, the resolution of the posters is very low - ideal for a showcase-style view, but very blurry for any full-screen poster views. Is there any way to adjust the saved resolution of these posters, or is it just stuck at a set resolution? The original images it is scraping are over 1000x1500 pixels...
As you have found XBMC caches thumbs at a lower resolution this can be increased using an advanced setting

advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<thumbsize>512</thumbsize>

512 is the default size this represents 512x512, you will not be able to get your full poster size I think the largest your get is around 1250 in height just put some stupid size in the advanced setting like 2000 to get that

You should note the larger they are the more cpu needed to scroll through your movies so unless your system is really powerful its going to effect performance when scrolling

Best way to get the right size your happy with is to add a figure in advanced settings do this before you start XBMC then go to movie info and refresh/reload a movie see how it looks, don't change the setting with XBMC running as it wont take effect

When you have the size your happy with your need to scan all your movies into XBMC again

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...umbsize.3E
brilliant, that's exactly the information I was looking for.
Thank you so much for your help, cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster/Thumbnail Question0