Scraper issue (TV shows) - only scrapes 1st season
Hi all,

I've been using XBMC for my HTPC for a long time (for movies) and just recently I started adding TV series to the library as well.

Most TV series are added flawlessly (I'm using the default TVDB scraper), but some are partially or not at all added to the library. The first one I'm trying to fix is Two and a half men. When I find the cause for this one, I probably find the cause for the other ones as well Smile

XBMC Details
XBMC 10.0 Dharma
TVDB Scraper (not sure which version - but all add-ons are updated)

Problem
I have season 1 through 4 and season 8 of this series, and somehow only season 1 is added to the library.

Folder structure
\Two And A Half Men\Two.And.A.Half.Men.S01.WS.DVDRip.XviD-BLABLA\Two.And.A.Half.Men.S01E01.WS.DVDRip.XviD-BLABLA.avi

\Two And A Half Men\Two.And.A.Half.Men.S02.WS.DVDRip.XviD-BLABLA\Two.And.A.Half.Men.S02E01.WS.DVDRip.XviD-BLABLA.avi

Scraper settings
There are some series in my TV series folder that I don't want to add to the library yet, so at the moment I am setting the content on each series root folder (i.e. TV\Series\Two And A Half Men). Settings:
  • Directory contains: TV shows
  • Run automated scan (YES when first setting the content on the Two and a half men folder)
  • Selected folder contains a single TV show: YES
  • Exclude path from library updates: NO

Debug log
http://pastebin.com/pL7pRWf5

I hope I have provided enough information, please have mercy on me as this is the first time I've actually had to post an "issue" here (and I've been using it as long as I can remember on the old xbox) - kinda points out how great this software is!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice NYE everybody!
I generally put all of my TV Shows into a single folder. In your case I would name the folder "Two and a Half Men" (Note there are no periods between the words). Secondly, I dump all of my episodes for this series into this folder and name them according to what TVDB uses. In your case the episodes would be named "Two and a Half Men.s01.e19.avi" (Two and a Half Men Season 1 Episode 19) or "Two and a Half Men.s05.e07.avi" (Two and a Half Men Season 5 Episode 7).
Hope this helps.
Full-stops between words routinely causes problems. Why scene release crews still do this when naming their files is a mystery.

Remove the full-stops and then re-scrape the top folder of the collection. Keeping multiple seasons in multiple sub-folders should not cause any problem at all.
Robbio85 Wrote:Settings:
  • Selected folder contains a single TV show: YES

I've never ticked Yes here, and mine all work. As the top folder contains 5 seasons, why click yes? Saying its all the same show?

Works fine without ticking yes, maybe untick and rescan library?
t2ffn Wrote:I've never ticked Yes here, and mine all work. As the top folder contains 5 seasons, why click yes? Saying its all the same show?

Works fine without ticking yes, maybe untick and rescan library?

Also tried that, no success. However I already gave up and scraped everything with EMM. Now they are all detected fine Smile

Thx for the help though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper issue (TV shows) - only scrapes 1st season0