• 122(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
To Big Noid. Hi, i'm now using the SVN version and have got to say is one of the best skins ive used just one small problem i've set up my favorites ,cartoons,blu-rays,comedy and have custom backgrounds but with my programs eg. icefilms,google,xbmc forum the options don't show up in the settings menu to customize the backgrounds. What am I doing wrong as this was all working fine before installing SVN version. Any comments to rectify this ??. Thankyou
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Big_Noid Wrote:I think you have a problem with samba in general. This error just means what it says, it can't find the file, for whatever reason. I had this problem when I changed my samba config and didn't update the library.
The author of the logo downloader script said it's not working because my git version is to high and therefore not compatible with eden-pre for smb paths. Could this also cause the error with the folder.jpg and fanart.jpg?
leepenny Wrote:To Big Noid. Hi, i'm now using the SVN version and have got to say is one of the best skins ive used just one small problem i've set up my favorites ,cartoons,blu-rays,comedy and have custom backgrounds but with my programs eg. icefilms,google,xbmc forum the options don't show up in the settings menu to customize the backgrounds. What am I doing wrong as this was all working fine before installing SVN version. Any comments to rectify this ??. Thankyou

AFAIK the backgrounds for addons are taken from the fanart.jpg in the addon's directory.
Really nice skin!
For me this was the requirement to update to the latest stable - a really good Aeon skin.

One thing seems to be missing though:
Is there a way to show the info panel in the showcase view only after a second? You would see the fanart in fullscreen and if you stay on the movie the info panel would show up. In my previous Aeon Version this was an option.

Regards,
Steffen
Banditt Wrote:Big_Noid

Congrats on the mention on the home page of xbmc. I tell everyone I know that this is the best skin and it's good to see the official team give a call out as well.
thx Smile
koscica Wrote:Is there a way of increasing font size for rss feeds. I tried looking at font.xml but could not find any rss references
RSS uses Font_Info, but that will affect many other items.
fional Wrote:Is there a way to disable TV Schedule and Next Aired in the skin? Or for Next Aired, do I just go to the add-ons and "disable" the script itself.

I don't use my television for broadcast, ever, so it's a bit redundant for me Smile
No easy way, you can delete the addon of course, but the references in the skin will have to be manually deleted.
leepenny Wrote:To Big Noid. Hi, i'm now using the SVN version and have got to say is one of the best skins ive used just one small problem i've set up my favorites ,cartoons,blu-rays,comedy and have custom backgrounds but with my programs eg. icefilms,google,xbmc forum the options don't show up in the settings menu to customize the backgrounds. What am I doing wrong as this was all working fine before installing SVN version. Any comments to rectify this ??. Thankyou
I don't understand, nothing has changed.
Choque Wrote:The author of the logo downloader script said it's not working because my git version is to high and therefore not compatible with eden-pre for smb paths. Could this also cause the error with the folder.jpg and fanart.jpg?
I don't know, I am no expert in this.
MEvil Wrote:Really nice skin!
For me this was the requirement to update to the latest stable - a really good Aeon skin.

One thing seems to be missing though:
Is there a way to show the info panel in the showcase view only after a second? You would see the fanart in fullscreen and if you stay on the movie the info panel would show up. In my previous Aeon Version this was an option.

Regards,
Steffen
Enable infopanel and set to Auto Hide. In viewtype options you can set the time out.
Fullscreen music fanart from last.fm (last.fm - slideshow)

Try as I might, using the last.fm-slideshow acript and an editied couple of music xml files in the 720p folder... I just can't get the art to show up. I don't think the script is starting as it should do when I go fullscreen. So Ive given up for now, anyway, I was just wondering, is there any eta for this feature to be available in the main (stable) build of Nox (the one you download from within xbmc)?
Big_Noid Wrote:Enable infopanel and set to Auto Hide. In viewtype options you can set the time out.

The only effect this seems to have is that the info panel hides itself while scrolling fast through the movies. It doesn't hide after a second if I just stay on a movie.

Also I want that the info panels shows after a second, and this options implicates that the info panel is already there and just hides after a second.
hey big_noid found another bug in the weather widget. it seems that the 4 forcast boxes are showing info from the default weather plugin as well. so the only thing on the screen that is actually showing weather plus is current conditions you can check this by looking at the Hi/low temps of the ones on the widgets with the ones inside the weather section. at least in my area snohomish, wa , USA u can use that for reference if need be

thanks for a wonderful skin

ps. how about that pause button lol jk
MEvil Wrote:The only effect this seems to have is that the info panel hides itself while scrolling fast through the movies. It doesn't hide after a second if I just stay on a movie.

Also I want that the info panels shows after a second, and this options implicates that the info panel is already there and just hides after a second.

I have the same issue. Enabling this option has never seemed to do anything for me. I also agree that a better label would be "Auto Show" or similar.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Fullscreen music fanart from last.fm (last.fm - slideshow)

Try as I might, using the last.fm-slideshow acript and an editied couple of music xml files in the 720p folder... I just can't get the art to show up. I don't think the script is starting as it should do when I go fullscreen. So Ive given up for now, anyway, I was just wondering, is there any eta for this feature to be available in the main (stable) build of Nox (the one you download from within xbmc)?
It will be available in next update, no eta yet.
MEvil Wrote:The only effect this seems to have is that the info panel hides itself while scrolling fast through the movies. It doesn't hide after a second if I just stay on a movie.

You also have to set the time out in viewtype settings. It's exactly the same functionality as in aeon65. The panel automatically hides when scrolling. I think I had this discussion before. I agree the naming is confusing and settings being in two different windows might also not be the most user friendly solution. But if set up correctly it works exactly how you would want it to work.
Hack_kid Wrote:hey big_noid found another bug in the weather widget. it seems that the 4 forcast boxes are showing info from the default weather plugin as well. so the only thing on the screen that is actually showing weather plus is current conditions you can check this by looking at the Hi/low temps of the ones on the widgets with the ones inside the weather section. at least in my area snohomish, wa , USA u can use that for reference if need be

thanks for a wonderful skin

ps. how about that pause button lol jk
Weather should be fixed now. Still thinking about pause button, haven't found a good way yet.
Mindzai Wrote:I have the same issue. Enabling this option has never seemed to do anything for me. I also agree that a better label would be "Auto Show" or similar.

Try setting the time out in viewtype options, I guarantee it'll work then. The panel auto hides when scrolling or auto shows when not scrolling, both is the same I think.
Maybe I'll just call it Auto
Big_Noid Wrote:You also have to set the time out in viewtype settings. It's exactly the same functionality as in aeon65. The panel automatically hides when scrolling. I think I had this discussion before. I agree the naming is confusing and settings being in two different windows might also not be the most user friendly solution. But if set up correctly it works exactly how you would want it to work.

You're right. If I set the time out, it works. But this is a bug, right? The first time I opened that option it showed 1 second. I thought this was ok and left the options with pressing ESC. But the result was as descripted above.
Now I set the option to 2 seconds and pressed ENTER. Now it works. Also if I set it "back" to 1 second. Is the initial value 0 seconds?

Anyway: great that it works now Wink
MEvil Wrote:You're right. If I set the time out, it works. But this is a bug, right? The first time I opened that option it showed 1 second. I thought this was ok and left the options with pressing ESC. But the result was as descripted above.
Now I set the option to 2 seconds and pressed ENTER. Now it works. Also if I set it "back" to 1 second. Is the initial value 0 seconds?

Anyway: great that it works now Wink

I will change how this works out of the box. Once set, there are no problems, but out of the box it's not very intuitive.
Hey.briliant skin.but can you add a opption in home menu in recent movies and in feAtured movie a choise betvine playing a movie or see the trailer..?now we must go inside the movies category and scroll down too the movie we saw inn features movie on home screen too see the trailer?In the carmickael skin you have that choise.it will b awsame in nox skin.that will b the perfect skin.thanx
coolio99 Wrote:Hey.briliant skin.but can you add a opption in home menu in recent movies and in feAtured movie a choise betvine playing a movie or see the trailer..?now we must go inside the movies category and scroll down too the movie we saw inn features movie on home screen too see the trailer?In the carmickael skin you have that choise.it will b awsame in nox skin.that will b the perfect skin.thanx

In the eden pre version of the skin you can press right to see the trailer in the recent added list, if there is a trailer of course. The label pulses if there is a trailer. I'm still thinking about backporting that to dharma. You can also just skip to the "latest" item in movies submenu, there are also the recent added items.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)29