• 154(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
Big Noid.

Found some small things with the latest git version:

In progress view: text outside window and no thumb. Does it only show on mainscreen video menu or also on tvshow & movie?
Maybe turn on by option...
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221...003ni.png/

Wall view: fanart option align
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153...005fa.png/

showcase: hide while scrolling no number and enter doens't work
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339...006ov.png/

Could bannerplex be available in season window?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oh the side menu is added, going to jump on git version then. Big Grin

Well guess ill wait a little bit since you are editing stuff.
XBMC - 11.0 (9/30/11)
Aeon Nox - 2.0 (9/30/11)
cdArt - 2.5
Ember Media Manager - 1.2
MediaFrontPage
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Noid.

In progress view: text outside window and no thumb. Does it only show on mainscreen video menu or also on tvshow & movie?

Nice work, at this rate we'll be bug free soon Big Grin

Are there season banners? I've only seen posters.
Smile 
Hi, and congratulations on a very nice Skin, It would be awsume if someone could clue me up to some of my problems im experiencing as I would love to use this skin.

Ive been trying for hours now using XBMC 10.1, to sort out artwork for shows and I seem to be encountering these issues below.

For reference My folder structure for the TV show im testing with at the moment is:

The Simpsons
-banner.jpg
-clearart.png
-fanart.jpg
-landscape.jpg
-logo.png
-poster.jpg
>> Season 01
-The Simpsons.S01E01.Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire.m4v
-The Simpsons.S01E02.Bart The Genius.m4v
-folder.jpg
>> Season 02
-The Simpsons.S02E01.Bart Gets An F.m4v
-The Simpsons.S02E02.Simpson And Delilah.m4v
-folder.jpg

- Not just this skin but all skins seem to ignore any images in season folders to use a custom poster, it always uses the auto downloaded season poster. Ive tried using (folder.jpg, folder.tbn, seasonXX.tbn, seasonXX.jpg, thumb.jpg, thumb.tbn)

- TV show artwork is only recognised with folder.jpg and changing views will then squish that image depending on the view. I was under the assumption based on the files the TV Logo Script downloaded that I could use poster.jpg and banner.jpg so the different banner views and poster views will display accordingly to those images.

- When not simply just using the folder.jpg XBMC seems to be completley un-aware of the images poster.jpg & banner.jpg and will use auto downloaded images for the artwork still doing the squishing thing when switching views.

- Landscape.jpg, logo.jpg & fanart.jpg images are payed attention to correctly.

I hope somebody can shed some light on this as to wether its me not using the correct naming conventions or XBMC playing funny games with me.

Thanks alot

EoD
Big_Noid Wrote:Nice work, at this rate we'll be bug free soon Big Grin

Are there season banners? I've only seen posters.

haha don't want to push you or anything Wink

The season banners are out there...
Don't know how many. Just checked "The big bang theory" & "The Simpsons" with Ember and it found them.

fanart.tv doesn't have them i think.

Is possible to increase te size of the submenu labels just a little.
When you select weather and you don't select sub "background"it says "backgrou..."
This would also help with some other languages.

Edit:
TheTVDB has season banners

Edit 2:
However then we come up with a problem because "seasonxx.tbn" is already used bij poster size in the series folder.
Could we then use the name "bannerxx.jpg(.tbn)" or put it in the season folder itself as banner or bannerxx
@EoDTris
For your season poster problem. Put the Posters in the TV Show folder instead of season
ie. \The Simpsons\SeasonXX.tbn
I find XBMC likes looking for .tbn files first before looking for .jpg files. You can leave the folder.jpg in the Season folder if you'd like, and XBMC will still use the SeasonXX.tbn in the folder above.

For your issue with Banners and Posters, this just sounds like a skin setting thing. Got to Settings -> Skin -> General
and check Use "Posters" instead of "Banners" for TV Shows

Aeon Nox will then use the banners and posters as you have them setup.
I had Aeon Nox working just fine, but had to re-install XBMC due to some human-error-related issues. When I attempt to install Aeon Nox from the same zip, I get an error that says not all dependencies exist. Should I install something else before Aeon Nox?
Rygrath Wrote:@EoDTris
For your season poster problem. Put the Posters in the TV Show folder instead of season
ie. \The Simpsons\SeasonXX.tbn
I find XBMC likes looking for .tbn files first before looking for .jpg files. You can leave the folder.jpg in the Season folder if you'd like, and XBMC will still use the SeasonXX.tbn in the folder above.

For your issue with Banners and Posters, this just sounds like a skin setting thing. Got to Settings -> Skin -> General
and check Use "Posters" instead of "Banners" for TV Shows

Aeon Nox will then use the banners and posters as you have them setup.

Thanks for your tips Rygrath,

Unfortunatly I have tried "seasonXX.tbn" in the season folders which got completley ignored and the auto downloaded images continued to be used Sad

I also tried changing that setting in the skin settings which caused it to take notice of "banner.jpg" for use in views such as BannerPlex which seems to be the opposite of the described option in the settings. Also that would then make it so when changing to a view using posters it would squish the "banner.jpg" and still ignore the "poster.jpg"

Any more tips? I am currently downloading a nightly build to rule out a bug in XBMC.

If anybody else has perfect display and usage of the banners and posters and all artwork working in harmony when switching views would you be able to let me know your file & folder struture.

Cheers

EoD Smile
ECEC Wrote:I had Aeon Nox working just fine, but had to re-install XBMC due to some human-error-related issues. When I attempt to install Aeon Nox from the same zip, I get an error that says not all dependencies exist. Should I install something else before Aeon Nox?

maybe wrong version or you can just unzip it manually into the user/add-ons folder and name it skin.aeon.nox
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Noid.

It's good to see I'm not the only one that noticed that particular problem. I was trying deleting the guisettings.ini, viewmodes.db, etc trying to get that to work. I'll just add that the Stripview has the same problem.

Also noticed, with Stripview the Infopanel trigger doesn't seem to work along with Trailers when hitting up. It just goes straight to the menu.

Tho, I remember reading Big_Noid is still working on Stripview tweaks so I figure he'll get around to it in time.

And if I may put in a request regarding Movie Sets
Think there is a way to show a Set is a Set. Right now, Infopanels and screens just show blank information. Which is understandable (there is no info).

Maybe a Icon showing 3 DVDs ala Fusion, or some Text that says "Collection", or just something that tells a person there's more to this poster than just a empty panel?

There's some skins here and there that have different ways of showing Sets, just thought it'd be a nice little perk to Nox.
Hmm few things I would like to request from using 2.0

1. TV Shows sort by rating (episodes does this already)
2. Favorite toggle, instead of deleting it to remove it (I think this was in the older version)
3. No library toggle in the side menu, is this intentional or is it the toggle that is missing a name?
4. Landscape logo view - an image where the back/up should be.

Also not sure how Stripshow is suppose to look, but in my Movies section this is what I see.
After I switch to that view and go to Home Menu it doesn't let me go back in for a while. :confused2:

The H doesn't go away, some movies the letters stay for ever some do not.

And this is what I see in TV Shows.

XBMC - 11.0 (9/30/11)
Aeon Nox - 2.0 (9/30/11)
cdArt - 2.5
Ember Media Manager - 1.2
MediaFrontPage
LiLChris Wrote:Hmm few things I would like to request from using 2.0

2. Favorite toggle, instead of deleting it to remove it (I think this was in the older version)
3. No library toggle in the side menu, is this intentional or is it the toggle that is missing a name?

Also not sure how Stripshow is suppose to look, but in my Movies section this is what I see.
After I switch to that view and go to Home Menu it doesn't let me go back in for a while. :confused2:

No problems here. Saw that to to that library mode was missing. Forgot to mention it.
EoDTris Wrote:Thanks for your tips Rygrath,

Unfortunatly I have tried "seasonXX.tbn" in the season folders which got completley ignored and the auto downloaded images continued to be used Sad

I also tried changing that setting in the skin settings which caused it to take notice of "banner.jpg" for use in views such as BannerPlex which seems to be the opposite of the described option in the settings. Also that would then make it so when changing to a view using posters it would squish the "banner.jpg" and still ignore the "poster.jpg"

Any more tips? I am currently downloading a nightly build to rule out a bug in XBMC.

If anybody else has perfect display and usage of the banners and posters and all artwork working in harmony when switching views would you be able to let me know your file & folder struture.

Cheers

EoD Smile

Save the SeasonXX.tbn file in the Shows folder not the Season folder.

Make a copy of the Poster.jpg and save it as Folder.jpg. Using XBMC long enough I've learned to just save the posters as both names (Poster.jpg and Folder.jpg). Some skins use Poster.jpg to have a "non-cached" image displayed in full size. Think Aeon65 and AeonMQ2 do that. Versus Folder.jpg that gets cached by XBMC to speed up loading and does some compressing of the image in the process.

Some probably don't like storing all these files, but for me, hard drive space is cheap and it insures the most compatibility between skins. Which equals less headaches down the road Smile
Rygrath Wrote:It's good to see I'm not the only one that noticed that particular problem. I was trying deleting the guisettings.ini, viewmodes.db, etc trying to get that to work. I'll just add that the Stripview has the same problem.

Also noticed, with Stripview the Infopanel trigger doesn't seem to work along with Trailers when hitting up. It just goes straight to the menu.

Tho, I remember reading Big_Noid is still working on Stripview tweaks so I figure he'll get around to it in time.

And if I may put in a request regarding Movie Sets
Think there is a way to show a Set is a Set. Right now, Infopanels and screens just show blank information. Which is understandable (there is no info).

Maybe a Icon showing 3 DVDs ala Fusion, or some Text that says "Collection", or just something that tells a person there's more to this poster than just a empty panel?

There's some skins here and there that have different ways of showing Sets, just thought it'd be a nice little perk to Nox.
In eden there's better support I think for movie sets, so I'll have another look. Yeah stripshow is not yet finished completely, only for episodes it's done.
LiLChris Wrote:Hmm few things I would like to request from using 2.0

That doesn't look right. Don't know what's the problem :confused2:
1: I have no control over the sorting methods.
2: I thought it's much better this way, it automatically sets the label and you have to click less to get the same result.
3: Eden-pre doesn't have file mode anymore. It's all library for videos.
Rygrath Wrote:Save the SeasonXX.tbn file in the Shows folder not the Season folder.

Make a copy of the Poster.jpg and save it as Folder.jpg. Using XBMC long enough I've learned to just save the posters as both names (Poster.jpg and Folder.jpg). Some skins use Poster.jpg to have a "non-cached" image displayed in full size. Think Aeon65 and AeonMQ2 do that. Versus Folder.jpg that gets cached by XBMC to speed up loading and does some compressing of the image in the process.

Some probably don't like storing all these files, but for me, hard drive space is cheap and it insures the most compatibility between skins. Which equals less headaches down the road Smile

I agree what's a couple MB of image data compared to the massive amount GB (in my case TB) of movie data
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)29