"play dvd" doesnt work
im trying to play a dvd with xbmc to take advantage of the upscaling, when i push the play dvd button nothing seems to happen

i can explore the dvd but none of the files will play...

what am i missing?
apparantly you missed to read the rules Blush

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i did read the rules, im not expecting dvd menu's to work...but i have read that i should be able to play a movie off a dvd through the play dvd button or from stacking and playing the vobs, i cant do either and was wondering what im missing...
q: why can't xboxmediacenter read/play files larger than 1gb from a udf dvd-r/rw media?
a: this is due to a xbox™ limitation reading udf128 (this is not a xbmc failure or our fault).

next time i suggest you read the faq aswell!
xbox v1.6b - spider v1.0 - wd 160gb - s-video & optic output - evox - xbmc
the files are not larger then 1gb...its multiple 900meg files

the error in the log is:

08-01-2005 19:55:39 error cmplayer::openfile() dvd://1 failed
08-01-2005 19:55:42 error cmplayer::openfile() d:\video_ts\video_ts.ifo failed
use a third party player, e.g. dvdx. dont bother with trying to get xbmc native player to play dvds.
xbox v1.6b - spider v1.0 - wd 160gb - s-video & optic output - evox - xbmc
what 3rd party players will upsample?
none afaik.

but please remember, there's a new dvdplayer being developed for xbmc, thus not much energy (none infact) is spent on the current one. so if you want semi-functional dvd functionality, go with a build that has this (maybe 1.1.0 point) and not later cvs builds.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

is it not possible that ya'll use the same "software" to play dvd's in xbmc then "region x" Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"play dvd" doesnt work0