MCE remote on 10 - Cannot get back to fullscreen
Lumpsack Wrote:Given the data I got from debug can someone help me out and tell me how to apply that to the remote.xml file?

Thanks

In your previous message listing the debug output I did not see any code for Enter. Select is not the same as the enter key...nor is OK. Did you run IRW? If none of your keys output "Enter" in IRW then you either have to learn it from another remote or modify the xml file to a key you do have. If, for instance, you want to have your Live TV button mapped to Fullscreen take the IRW code which is LiveTV not livetv or LIVETV and map that to "Enter". You can use any button that you don't use for XBMC..ie Record, Green etc.

IRW output
000000037ff07bda 00 LiveTV mceusb
000000037ff07bda 01 LiveTV mceusb

in /usr/share/xmbc/system is the lircmap.xml which contains the remote key names as output from IRW in the following format:
<XBMC_COMMAND>LircButtonName</XBMC_COMMAND>

Open the lircmap.xml file in your editor (may need sudo)
Find your remote section:

<lircmap>

<remote device="mceusb">
<play>Play</play>
<pause>Pause</pause>

Find the key you want to reprogram:
<enter>Enter</enter>

Change to new key:
<enter>LiveTV</enter>

Save file and restart XBMC. Save a copy of the lircmap.xml file in your home folder as it can get overwritten on upgrades. I already have an Enter key on my remote but for this exercise I added the LiveTV button to also send enter and confirmed it worked. You could also do it via remote.xml but if they key you're using is not in the lircmap.xml file it will not work.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
(2011-01-05, 15:21)Lumpsack Wrote: Just a thought, if theres anyone out there that uses this remote could they post their remote.xml if it works for them?

Heres a piccy to help:

Ta.

Hi sorry to bump an old thread but it might help someone who bought this remote to control xbmc as myself.

I wanted to map a remote key to FullScreen action.

What you need to do in order to map a key is to create a keyboard.xml file in:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\

which overwrites default settings.

This is the content of my file:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<m mod="ctrl,shift">FullScreen</m>
<pageup>ZoomIn</pageup>
<pagedown>ZoomOut</pagedown>
<o mod="ctrl">AspectRatio</o>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

so that:
on top right grey cd key is FullScreen
on channel plus is ZoomIn
on channel minus is ZoomOut
and on top left grey tv is AspectRatio

oh forgot to mention that there are really helpful little programs to get key codes
http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote on 10 - Cannot get back to fullscreen0